XF 2016: Everything we know so far

Jake_Greenhall1Jake_Greenhall1 Posts: 121
Forum Member
Everything we know about the upcoming 13th series of The X Factor.

Host (X Factor) : Dermot O'Leary

Hosts (Xtra Factor): Unconfirmed. Rylan and Rochelle Humes/Laura Whitmore are likely.

Judges: Simon Cowell, Nicole Scherzinger, Sharon Osbourne and Louis Walsh.

Start time: Likely to be late August
Likely Day: Saturday (Possibly Sunday)
TV schedule: Likely to be scheduled with Go For It (new Autumn ITV takent show, hosted by Stephen Mulhern, Ninja Warrior, Through The Keyhole and I'm a Celeb.

Stages:
- Room Auditions
- Original Bootcamp
- Six Chair Challenge (likely but not confirmed)
- Judges Houses (Likely, but not confirmed. No chance of being live again)
-Live shows (Rumored to be longer, depending on ratings, will be aired in new studio due to fountain studios being demolished.)

Logo: https://twitter.com/tellymix/status/725370127714279424

Design for Rooms: https://twitter.com/marksidaway/status/735948434637770752

More info:
Auditions also reach Northern Ireland this year, the first time in 5 years. Also included auditions via Facebook.

Feel free to post any more info below!

Comments

• JohnStannardJohnStannard Posts: 7,649
    Forum Member
    I would predict the start date to be 27th August and end date to be 11th December
  • THEXFACTORKINGTHEXFACTORKING Posts: 2,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The show will flop harder than Tulisa's album
  • big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The show will flop harder than Tulisa's album

It depends what you class as flop.....

I'd go for the same or improved viewing figures from last year
  • drakhendrakhen Posts: 1,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think those who think the ratings will go up are being overly optimistic, considering they have fallen year on year. There is no reason so far to think they rise this year. Best case scenario is they will stabilise and I think that's what ITV and Syco are aiming for.
  • Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think the show will stabilise around about the same as last years ratings, maybe a tad higher.

I certainly can't see the ratings going up drastically.
  • Jo_DavidsJo_Davids Posts: 111
    Forum Member
    drakhen wrote: »
    I think those who think the ratings will go up are being overly optimistic, considering they have fallen year on year. There is no reason so far to think they rise this year. Best case scenario is they will stabilise and I think that's what ITV and Syco are aiming for.

The increase is expected because last year show avaraged around 7m whilst in 2014 it was about 8.5m. Now Dermot and Louis back this could increase the viewers that were lost because of Grimshaw and Caroline (among with others.) Also the viewers who watched the 2013 series with Nicole and Sharon (AV 9m, launch up 800k from 2012) may also start watching the show again.

It's also the first time in ages that Simon and Sharon have been featured together. It was clear viewers didn't like last years series, hence the hue ratings drop, and many missed Dermot etc, bringing all these fan favourites back could potentially result in a significant ratings rise.
    Forum Member
    Dave0893 wrote: »
    I think the show will stabilise around about the same as last years ratings, maybe a tad higher.

I certainly can't see the ratings going up drastically.

They're never going to get 9/10 million again. Only few shows can achieve that now. Just look at Corrie's ratings, 2013: 9.5m on Mondays, 2016: 6.3m on Mondays.

Ratings have dropped for many shows. If Sharon/Louis/Nicole/Dermot return is highly anticipated it could increase by a maximum of 1 million, I think.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't be alone in thinking the constant panel changes are what have really damaged this show?

Personally I think had they secured a panel and left it for two or three years ratings would have stabilised.

I know this panel wasn't hugely popular on here, but with Simon no longer doing the US show they had to make a panel change to allow him to come back, so had they kept the 2014 panel on last year, Simon, Cheryl, Mel, Louis and Dermot hosting I reckon the ratings would have been better last year, at least consistent with 2014.
    Forum Member
    I can't be alone in thinking the constant panel changes are what have really damaged this show?

Personally I think had they secured a panel and left it for two or three years ratings would have stabilised.

I know this panel wasn't hugely popular on here, but with Simon no longer doing the US show they had to make a panel change to allow him to come back, so had they kept the 2014 panel on last year, Simon, Cheryl, Mel, Louis and Dermot hosting I reckon the ratings would have been better last year, at least consistent with 2014.

I agree. Simon and ITV have completely messed up the show. Last years panel was so awful I thought it was a deliberate attempt to sabotage the shows ratings. Come on, Nick Grimshaw, the man who was described as One of the worst people on Radio? Cheryl was awful too. Maybe her exit might boost viewers as I've seen a lot of comments (with thousands agreeing) on DailyMail that they will watch with Cheryl gone.

Last years show tried to bring in young viewers (God knows why) and it's failed hugely, they probably lost many older viewers to now, it will be hard for them to get ratings, I really hope this One works and stays for more than a year because I think we've learnt that X Factor fans don't want any more awful changes.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jo_Davids wrote: »
    I agree. Simon and ITV have completely messed up the show. Last years panel was so awful I thought it was a deliberate attempt to sabotage the shows ratings. Come on, Nick Grimshaw, the man who was described as One of the worst people on Radio? Cheryl was awful too. Maybe her exit might boost viewers as I've seen a lot of comments (with thousands agreeing) on DailyMail that they will watch with Cheryl gone.

Last years show tried to bring in young viewers (God knows why) and it's failed hugely, they probably lost many older viewers to now, it will be hard for them to get ratings, I really hope this One works and stays for more than a year because I think we've learnt that X Factor fans don't want any more awful changes.

I wouldn't pay attention to Daily Mail they hate everyone and have always disliked Cheryl, even at her peak.
  • SG87SG87 Posts: 236
    Forum Member

Completely agree about the changes. What they should have done was locked in the 2013 panel for the following year and just replaced Gary with Simon if he wanted to return. I loved that years panel and am looking forward to this year but Sharon said all along she only wanted to do a year, it was madness having her on in the first place when they were trying to level things out knowing that Gary was going too and it would all change again. If they wanted Cheryl to make her big return then it should have happened in 2013 or they should have left it a few years to see how things settled, as Cheryl and Nicole will never sit on the same panel, and I doubt Sharon would work with Cheryl either. It has come full circle because they got rid of the upcoming panel to 'restore' it to how it was in 2010 only to change it back again and has just been change for change sake.
  • TheGraduate2012TheGraduate2012 Posts: 14,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Sharon, Louis and Nicole's returns will pull in better numbers than last year. The panel last year was just a dud. I think they should stick with the lot for the foreseeable.