Options

FIFA 07 for Wii?

nexty2nexty2 Posts: 511
Forum Member
✭✭
About a month ago I was searching for FIFA 07 for the Wii. On the GAME website (www.game.co.uk) I found that it had not yet been released but was due for release at the end of March. However, now when I look for it on any website (e.g. Amazon, Play.com and GAME) there is no sign that it exists. Does anyone know if FIFA 07 will be released for the Wii? If so, when?

If it is not to be released for the Wii I see there is a Gamecube version so I might buy this instead. However, will I have to get a Gamecube memory card to save my games or will I be able to use the Wii's own harddrive?

Also - are there going to be any Football (soccer) games released for the Wii anytime in the future? If FIFA 07 is not released will FIFA 08 be released?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's probably a bit too early to comment on anything '08.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You will need a gamecube memory card and a gamecube controller to play and save gamecube games on the Wii. Fifa ws pretty memory intensive on the GC as I recall, I remember needing an entire memory card for one save.

Pro Evo is coming out for the Wii eventually (according to CVG) although no date has been announced. Personally I will be getting that rather than Fifa as I've always had mroe fun out of that than the Fifa games.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the replies. But does anyone know if FIFA 07 is being released for the Wii?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 528
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I found a page placeholder on Play.com! And some eBay sellers are listing it as being available from May 2007!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks. Didn't find the placeholder on Play.com previously.