PA to put Junior on Stage on his Tour

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Valdery wrote: »
    I so hope this is not the case.

All I can think of is that it is a film of Junior as a backdrop, with PA on stage. Surely, that's more likely to be it than dragging Junior around with him on a tour. :confused::)

I doubt he'll be dragging Junior around with him on a whole tour. He may just come out one or two nights, like the Spice Girls kids did, and do a little routine and that's that. There's nothing wrong with that, it's a bit of fun for Junior and fun for everyone else. Also, as other people have said, it may just be a film backdrop with Junior doing stuff and I see nothing wrong with that either.

KP is in no position to crow since she's done nothing but hawk her kids out ever since they were born.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DEADLY_17 wrote: »
    he is using the kids to keep hold of his good dad routine, but lately his mask has been slipping.

has PA really sold that well to still perform at the O2 arena??? i cant believe people would spend £50 to see him but saying that its properly all the old women going to see him.

I'm going to see him and I'm not old. I'm still young.
    lexi22 wrote: »
    It's not a problem imo if it's isolated events. One-offs. And I'd say the same for anyone else doing it. But in this case, it's the combination of this, the reality show, the magazine photshoots, the holiday pics, the lack of drawing power PA on his own has where he needs the gimmick of his own kid to pull in an audience. If PA had a career independent of his reality show and kids, then whatever. But he doesn't, his reality show and his flogging his personal life including his kids is his 'career'.

And PA is not a pop star.

He makes pop records, he's had chart hits, he tours. That makes him a pop star.

And people are jumping at Pete before they even know what exactly is going to happen. I don't see why some can't just wait and see.
  • Options
    darlingdarling Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    I can't see much difference between this and what the Spice Girls did with their kids, or is it only a big deal when Peter does it?
    Julie68 wrote: »
    I've seen other pop stars take their kids on stage so why should it be ok for them but wrong for Pete?
    Muttsnutts wrote: »
    People taking it way too seriously as usual. Junior & Princess were helping sign autographs at one of the signings & they were loving it. If Junior is always singing & dancing at home & Pete has told him he can do a little bit on stage & he's really excited to do it, I can't really see the harm. He's hardly being Joe Jackson is he? Lighten up! Every little thing he does gets turned into something negative.

Spot on. I don't remember any criticism of the Spice Girls doing the same thing. It seems to be just Pete's children some people have a problem with.
  • Options
    LisaB599LisaB599 Posts: 2,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think its not an isolated incident thats the problem, petes kids are in the papers and magazines and books and tv shows all day every day by either their mother or their father

thats a little different to the spice girls bringing their kids on stage 2 nights out of their whole lives?
  • Options
    Nuts In MayNuts In May Posts: 1,616
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With respect I asked, did not tell, there is a difference.

I asked, for the simple reason, it is when threads go off topic, particularly pertaining to PA, they get removed.

Threads tend to get closed when people start being rude to each other, as they usually do when KP/PA are involved.

If any rules are being broken, I'm sure the moderators will let us know.

Thanks again. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    LisaB599 wrote: »
    I think its not an isolated incident thats the problem, petes kids are in the papers and magazines and books and tv shows all day every day by either their mother or their father

thats a little different to the spice girls bringing their kids on stage 2 nights out of their whole lives?

I have no interest whatsoever in the Beckhams but I could pick their 3 children out of a line up of thousands, I've seen their pictures so often! They're in the magazines/newspapers weekly, as are loads of other children of the famous. Oddly, it's never commented on here.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    darling wrote: »
    Spot on. I don't remember any criticism of the Spice Girls doing the same thing. It seems to be just Pete's children some people have a problem with.

I think most people aren't so short sighted and they think both of them using the kids is a bad thing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I think most people aren't so short sighted and they think both of them using the kids is a bad thing.

Most people who comment on these threads, possibly, although it's mainly the usual suspects, but there's no evidence whatsoever that most people overall think anything of the sort.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Most people who comment on these threads, possibly, although it's mainly the usual suspects, but there's no evidence whatsoever that most people overall think anything of the sort.

Oh come on darling, you don't know what the whole British public think overall - none of us do.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Oh come on darling, you don't know what the whole British public think overall - none of us do.

True, but I'm not claiming that most people think something or other. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Well, the evidence of my own eyes seems to tell me that on this forum anyway, people seem to think they're both bad for using the kids. What the GBP think in general, I have no idea, and let's face it, neither do you.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well, the evidence of my own eyes seems to tell me that on this forum anyway, people seem to think they're both bad for using the kids. What the GBP think in general, I have no idea, and let's face it, neither do you.

Exactly what I said. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Exactly what I said. :D

You could have fooled me.....:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have no interest whatsoever in the Beckhams but I could pick their 3 children out of a line up of thousands, I've seen their pictures so often! They're in the magazines/newspapers weekly, as are loads of other children of the famous. Oddly, it's never commented on here.

i think because they are seen with their parents at sports events or when travelling, not paraded out to help sell a new single
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i think because they are seen with their parents at sports events or when travelling, not paraded out to help sell a new single

Or shown on TV every week when their parents programmes are running. I'm not mad about the Beckhams but they at least aren't tacky like Pete.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

i think theyre both bad at using their kids, and i think they should both make a concerted effort to not do it
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i think theyre both bad at using their kids, and i think they should both make a concerted effort to not do it

We'll see in time if Katie holds to her side of the bargain, then Pete will have no alternative than to stop using them too.
  • Options
    Forum Member

They were at the concert - Cruz actually performing if I remember right - and they're frequently at football matches etc.

Not that I have any problem with it at all personally. Like Sarah Beeny, Nigella Lawson, Alexander Waugh etc, judging by their actions, I see no problem with children being in the media. I don't think it will do them any harm whatsoever, and I don't see that frequency of appearance is relevant. Either you think it's OK or you don't, and if you do, there's no reason why you should kow tow to those who think differently, unless and until they can produce some (any) evidence to support their fears - which I doubt they'll ever be able to do.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Or shown on TV every week when their parents programmes are running. I'm not mad about the Beckhams but they at least aren't tacky like Pete.

I remember pish posh hawking Brooklyn out quite a bit when he was first born, and I'm pretty sure she did an OK magazine spread with him when he was a baby. She has since stopped doing it though.

As for KP and PA, I hope that now the kids are getting a little older, that both of them will stop featuring them so much. I personally think it would be a good idea.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember pish posh hawking Brooklyn out quite a bit when he was first born, and I'm pretty sure she did an OK magazine spread with him when he was a baby. She has since stopped doing it though.

As for KP and PA, I hope that now the kids are getting a little older, that both of them will stop featuring them so much. I personally think it would be a good idea.

But VB has never been as bad as KP and PA, she's never done much more than the obligatory new baby shoots for OK! when they were born. She hasn't had had a regular TV show where they can be shown off either.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But VB has never been as bad as KP and PA, she's never done much more than the obligatory new baby shoots for OK! when they were born. She hasn't had had a regular TV show where they can be shown off either.

She hasn't been anywhere near as aggressive as PA or KP in 'marketing' the kids, no, but she set up plenty of pap shots when Brooklyn was born so the paps could get his picture and she'd get her mug in the papers. She seemed to stop doing it when Romeo was born and took a different track.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Like Sarah Beeny, Nigella Lawson, Alexander Waugh etc,.

I disagree.

Where do you ever see Nigella, Sarah Beeny or Alexander Waugh flaunting their children on a weekly reality show? Nigella's children were seen in her early cookery programmes, but never spoke directly to the camera, and you never see them in her shows now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She hasn't been anywhere near as aggressive as PA or KP in 'marketing' the kids, no, but she set up plenty of pap shots when Brooklyn was born so the paps could get his picture and she'd get her mug in the papers. She seemed to stop doing it when Romeo was born and took a different track.

She's learned that that particular way's not for her obviously. PA has always used the children right from day one. His programmes would be even more of a :yawn: than they already are without them. TBH, I can't see him squeezing more than one more TV series out anyway, despite these new contracts he's supposedly signed with ITV.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They were at the concert - Cruz actually performing if I remember right - and they're frequently at football matches etc.

Not that I have any problem with it at all personally. Like Sarah Beeny, Nigella Lawson, Alexander Waugh etc, judging by their actions, I see no problem with children being in the media. I don't think it will do them any harm whatsoever, and I don't see that frequency of appearance is relevant. Either you think it's OK or you don't, and if you do, there's no reason why you should kow tow to those who think differently, unless and until they can produce some (any) evidence to support their fears - which I doubt they'll ever be able to do.

no youre missing the point

they are not used by those people on a regular daily basis for publicity only, theyre not shoved under our noses every 2mins with either a new single or at book signings (both pa and kp have done that), the andre kids are part of the "brand", sarah beenys kids etc arent, the beckham boys arent used by their father to help self his aftershave?:rolleyes:

im not anti "pete" and said if i had to be stuck in a lift with one of them i'd rather him than her im sure hes a very nice guy and a good dad and im not knocking him for the sake of it

i firmly believe those kids shouldnt be in the media and used as a product by him or his ex wife
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's learned that that particular way's not for her obviously. PA has always used the children right from day one. His programmes would be even more of a :yawn: than they already are without them. TBH, I can't see him squeezing more than one more TV series out anyway, despite these new contracts he's supposedly signed with ITV.

I don't know. I suppose it depends on current viewing figures. I thought both him and KP were still doing well??