Eastenders 31/12/2010 - Goodbye 2010... Episode Discussion

Comments

• Options
    Angel_DelightsAngel_Delights Posts: 2,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    xTonix wrote: »
    They cut some scenes out.

Sadly the PC Brigage who set up facebook petitions got to the BBC and they caved in and edited. These facebook type petitions ruin tv shows these days. They should have ignored it and let them screen the cut parts they filmed.
  • Options
    Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    I luved Jane and Tanya together again :D please show more of them two drunk :D

Jo Joyner is really gorgeous, she's just had twins in real life too hasn't she? Wow.

Such a great friendship those two have.
  • Options
    cobiscobis Posts: 11,780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Super Frog wrote: »
    I don't like that scenes were cut. The least they could have done was show the uncut version later on BBC3.

I agree, I feel that we haven't had the chance to see the episode the writers intended us to see and the one which the journalists who saw the preview screening were so blown away by :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 174
    Forum Member
    Feb I have heard it comes out.

hope so don't want it to drag out for a ridiculous length of time
  • Options
    upsykimsyupsykimsy Posts: 1,857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You have babies these days and your out the next day lol.

One girl on my ward went home the same day... We'd been on the same ward to be induced, she went down early hours of the morning to have her baby, and my mum passed her, leaving the hospital the same day!
  • Options
    xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,273
    Forum Member
    Sadly the PC Brigage who set up facebook petitions got to the BBC and they caved in and edited. They should have ignored it and let them screen the cut parts they filmed.

I agree.
  • Options
    Lizzie BrookesLizzie Brookes Posts: 15,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought this episode was very powerful. Ronnie's grief was perfect. No OTT screaming or hysterics, just tears pouring down her face, the shock, the whispers "please don't do this to me" etc. I liked how it ended too.Can't wait for tomorrow. To be fair Carol would have answered Ronnie's knock if Connor hadn't arrived. The Alfie/Kat scenes were also really good. Nice breaking of tenion with Jane and Tanya's banter and the festivities. To be fair that piper kissed Chrisian and Christian pushed him away so he wasn't really being unfaithful. Finally Tanya's hair is just gorgeous.
  • Options
    Frankie_boyFrankie_boy Posts: 147
    Forum Member
    I don't see a thread praising her so here it is!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,296
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Corrie showing EE how the Year in Soap should end > alot of lightheartedness mixed with interesting realistic storylines (cough - tram crash excused!)
  • Options
    xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,273
    Forum Member
    Jo Joyner is really gorgeous, she's just had twins in real life too hasn't she? Wow.

Such a great friendship those two have.

Yes twins :D she is always gorgeous :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    100% agree with you. Despite all the "EE is depressing" threads, it's still been the best tonight!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here! Here! :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,446
    Forum Member
    masterquan wrote: »
    True. If it happened to kat, tanya etc, I'd feel sometHing. But i'm just rolling my eyes with ronnie. She doesn't even look like a mother. Her whole pregnancy was cold and nonchalant

Agreed - not the fault of the actress, more that she's now become a real trainwreck of a character.

I think it happening to Kat and Jane would have been a good storyline. I feel involving Ronnie has made a lot of people go :rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,333
    Forum Member
    pr0nny wrote: »
    Didn't live up to the hype.
    Exactly, really disappointed in Sam Womack and the whole thing was totally unrealistic and unmoving
  • Options
    JamieMacdonaldJamieMacdonald Posts: 1,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's pretty mediocre to be perfectly honest.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 327
    Forum Member
    She's the best Eastenders have and has been since she arrived, although she started getting outstanding around May 2008 when she found out Roxy was pregnant. She's just got better and better
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree - she was brilliant tonight. :)
  • Options
    ::Adam::::Adam:: Posts: 7,223
    Forum Member
    I thought it was one of the most powerful things i've seen - i liked how it wasn't OTT screaming, it was utter shock.
  • Options
    RandomPeter94RandomPeter94 Posts: 4,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't feel much either! But it was still brilliant. Ah well, it's only the beginning.
  • Options
    Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    She's the best Eastenders have and has been since she arrived, although she started getting outstanding around May 2008 when she found out Roxy was pregnant. She's just got better and better

Hmmmmmm!

There are plenty others just as good if not better. She's still good though.
  • Options
    Frankie_boyFrankie_boy Posts: 147
    Forum Member
    I think tomorrow is the one that will be the hardest to watch as its a full episode of baby death with Kat finding out her is ''son'' dead.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's great....really felt sorry for Ronnie tonight :cry: knocking on Glenda's door just made her seem like a little kid.
  • Options
    upsykimsyupsykimsy Posts: 1,857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed - not the fault of the actress, more that she's now become a real trainwreck of a character.

I think it happening to Kat and Jane would have been a good storyline. I feel involving Ronnie has made a lot of people go :rolleyes:

Personally, I'm waiting for the episode where we find out Ronnie was cursed by one sadistic, pissed off fairy when she was a baby...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ::Adam:: wrote: »
    I thought it was one of the most powerful things i've seen - i liked how it wasn't OTT screaming, it was utter shock.

Me too. The shock and the silent grief is far more believable. Sam acted amazingly tonight. Roll on tomorrow. I'm so glad some people agree with me and liked tonight's episode.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Strangely, one of the most disturbing lines and scenes in soap history.

Wow. Incredible!