Tales Of The Unexpected

1235»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 84
    Forum Member
    I wonder why they skipped showing Series 4?
  • Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    CRAIG76 wrote: »
    what was the episode called with Sharon Gless in it?

This episode was aired today.
    I did not understand it if I am honest.
  • woot_whoowoot_whoo Posts: 18,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This episode was aired today.
    I did not understand it if I am honest.

Nor did I - not a clue. :confused: I actually thought I'd missed something, so I looked it up and apparently it's an adaptation of a short story that had previously been deemed 'unfilmable'. Can anyone explain what on earth it was about? I didn't even see anything that could be 'unexpected'. Bizarre.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    woot_whoo wrote: »
    Nor did I - not a clue. :confused: I actually thought I'd missed something, so I looked it up and apparently it's an adaptation of a short story that had previously been deemed 'unfilmable'. Can anyone explain what on earth it was about? I didn't even see anything that could be 'unexpected'. Bizarre.

Very poor, the only unexpected part was that a high flying TV star would even consider going out with that scientist nevermind marrying him
  • PapaleekiePapaleekie Posts: 172
    Forum Member
    bullman wrote: »
    Very poor, the only unexpected part was that a high flying TV star would even consider going out with that scientist nevermind marrying him

Got a great tip from watching this episode; if I want a beautiful, famous TV celebrity to fall for me, I should buy her some balloons!:rolleyes:

Agree that the denouement was baffling.:confused::confused: Much better episode watched today (Hit and Run), a clever tale, well acted by all the cast. good twist at the end which I didn't see coming. Brenda Blethyn in a rather sexy role :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    woot_whoo wrote: »

I watched it twice to see if I could throw some light on it, but no, I am still none the wiser.

I enjoyed watching Sharon Gless though. :cool:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Papaleekie wrote: »
    Got a great tip from watching this episode; if I want a beautiful, famous TV celebrity to fall for me, I should buy her some balloons!:rolleyes:

Agree that the denouement was baffling.:confused::confused: Much better episode watched today (Hit and Run), a clever tale, well acted by all the cast. good twist at the end which I didn't see coming. Brenda Blethyn in a rather sexy role :)

Oh yes balloons!!:D I forgot until I saw her again in this show often she used to end up in just her undies in Chance In A Million. She was quite sexy when she was younger and Susan Penhaligon always rocked my boat. However having remarked on how that chap could end up with a TV star can anybody tell me how somebody like Duncan Preston got together with the lovely Ms.Penhaligon? Maybe he had a balloon factory
  • ROBERT129ROBERT129 Posts: 168
    Forum Member
    bazellis wrote: »
    Anyone know why they're not showing "Where's Your Sense of Humour?"?

they never do show that episode neither man from the top prob havnt got the rights to it. i onced emailed sky re; man at the top its listed as series two, they said they have got rights to every ep, so a blunder occured somewhere me thinks!! it's about time they moved on to new eps ie series 7 onwards!!
    Forum Member
    Holy moly, just watched The Luncheon. That has got to be the worst of the lot!

I thought it was alright, a good lesson in not placing your expectations too high.
  • rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love it. I think my favorite episode I have seen to date was Hijack with Dennis Quilley.
  • bazellisbazellis Posts: 5,405
    Forum Member
    I watched it twice to see if I could throw some light on it, but no, I am still none the wiser.

I enjoyed watching Sharon Gless though. :cool:

What I assumed was that he knew all along the vials contained nothing more than a placebo, and the sheer temptation and the false thought that either partner would now be immortal, would eventually lead them to split up. I agree though it was strange the way he originally got Sharon Gless to fall for him in the first place:confused:

Right that's the end of season 6 now and it looks like we've gone full circle as they're showing series 1 ep1 now.

Regarding the last episode in season 6, Turn the Tide, are we to assume that he got rigor mortis and couldn't free himself?

Does anyone have the contact details for Sky Arts as I want to ask them why they won't show seasons 4/7/8/9.
    Forum Member
    Shame its over but I think I can live without seeing the rest of the series.. alot of the episodes were similar and the plot twists were often predictable.
  • alienpandaalienpanda Posts: 9,444
    Forum Member
    they should do a new series
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    What I assumed was that he knew all along the vials contained nothing more than a placebo, and the sheer temptation and the false thought that either partner would now be immortal, would eventually lead them to split up. I agree though it was strange the way he originally got Sharon Gless to fall for him in the first place:confused:

Right that's the end of season 6 now and it looks like we've gone full circle as they're showing series 1 ep1 now.

Regarding the last episode in season 6, Turn the Tide, are we to assume that he got rigor mortis and couldn't free himself?

Does anyone have the contact details for Sky Arts as I want to ask them why they won't show seasons 4/7/8/9.

Thanks for the explanation.:) Sounds plausible.

I, too wish they'd show some different episodes.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    This returns on Tue 18th December in the same timeslot(s)

Doesn't look like anything we haven't already seen though. Hopefully they will show some new eps in the future.