Doc Martin (Part 17 — Spoilers)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 323
    Forum Member
    NewPark wrote: »
    Is it my imagination or is there a nice, new, more modern looking DS format?

I left to go do something else for 5 minutes and poof, presto chango! It's nice and clean. Hopefully it comes through clean and clutterfree on my smartphone too!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30
    Forum Member
    I like it. Not as cramped and cluttered. Easier to read.
  • SusieSagitariusSusieSagitarius Posts: 1,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi Y'all,
    I got waylaid in posting the rest of the predictions we made for our amusement. So here we go with #3:

largenincharge--I don't know if this is a prediction, but I would like to see the opening shot of series 6 go something like this: pan up to the Doc and Louisa asleep in bed, cuddled up--yes, actually touching--on the morning of their wedding, with Louisa wearing the infamous blue pajama top as a nightie. Think there's a possibility I'm right? 742

Blue-Eyes--OK - how about the entire Series 5 was just a dream...?
    Opening shot would be The Doc, Louisa and Newborn BabyJH waking up in bed together at Louisa's cottage after him driving them home for the hospital...DM rubbing his eyes; unable to believe his luck; having just had the Series 5 nightmare overnight
    Then, maybe, MC will know just what they have put us all through...and how it is still haunting us some eighteen months later... 750

SusieSagitarius--James Henry is being christened in the church and Louisa asks the Doc to get married right then and there since the vicar is already there. 764

larablair--I had Louisa asking the Doc to marry her too! Because how do you top DM's straight from the heart "Louisa I can't bear to be without you" proposal and Louisa running to him and throwing herself into his arms. It was so unexpected, especially because they weren't young twenty-somethings!
    And then I thought they should go to the magistrate's office to get married so they don't have to deal with the village people; but mostly because I don't like TV weddings. Although I might make an exception in this case because MC and company do things so well.
    I like your idea a whole lot more. 777

statesidefan--in S6 I vote for them waking up together in bed, VERY comfortable, then having a long, difficult conversation. I want them to both really talk AND share some great sex. 853

BodminDM--Evening shot of the Doc's surgery. Everything's dark except for the bedroom window. We just see the outside of the cottage.
    We hear Louisa prattle on about the events of the day. After a while we hear her say "What?", the way she often does.
    A deep husky voice whispers "Louisa."
    Then there's a pause.
    "Martin?"
    Another pause.
    Then we hear Louisa giggle. A bed sqeaks.
    Then we hear a mobile ring. DM groans. Louisa urgently whispers: "Ignore it. Ignore it just for once!"
    A short pause. Then an exasperated "I can't. Sorry." From the Doc. Then he bellows really annoyed "ELLINGHAM!"
    Just that moment, James starts to bawl. Louisa groans. 1119

DMfan --The wedding and reception will be a dream sequence, similar to the earthquake dream when ME and LG were together on the sunny hillside.
    If it is LG's dream, it will have ME behaving as she would like him with both her and the villagers.
    If it is ME's dream, it will have him behaving as he now realizes he must do to get along with her and the villagers where he will now have to be part of the community.
    I think the reason for the reception is to show how they hope their future will be in Portwenn.
    The show will proceed from that premise.
    ME and LG will marry in the last 5 minutes of the last episode in a contrived way (can't imagine what) similar to the castle ending from Season 5.
    Creative bunch of writers can pull this off and it will keep everyone hooked. They will see in the wedding and reception sequence how ME and LG can be happy together, but we will have to wait for it. 1263

So, no one came up with a gynecological exam scene, huh? Well, we tried....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16
    Forum Member
    New format NG on my iPad.... Right side of page is cut off!

Hope someone at DS will fix this....... Please???
  • Shop GirlShop Girl Posts: 1,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NYDMFAN wrote: »
    New format NG on my iPad.... Right side of page is cut off!

Hope someone at DS will fix this....... Please???

Me too! Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • marchrandmarchrand Posts: 879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have a desk top computer and the right side is cut off. There is an inch of blank on the left side. Just push it over, I think. Please, no black background on top. I can't read what is inside the black box. Sorry, to complain.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16
    Forum Member
    marchrand wrote: »
    I have a desk top computer and the right side is cut off. There is an inch of blank on the left side. Just push it over, I think. Please, no black background on top. I can't read what is inside the black box. Sorry, to complain.

It will not "push over" on my iPad .....horizontal movement is stuck in one place. I hope someone at DS notices this problem!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lizzie_cUS wrote: »
    I left to go do something else for 5 minutes and poof, presto chango! It's nice and clean. Hopefully it comes through clean and clutterfree on my smartphone too!

Horrible on my iPhone. Type is way too small. Does not adjust to the screen and very difficult to navigate.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Horrible on my iPhone. Type is way too small. Does not adjust to the screen and very difficult to navigate.

Impossible to read posts because words at the far right (can't tell how many) are missing from each line.

Hmm.. Maybe if I click like I am going to reply to the message I can see the whole post. You would think they would have tested the new layout before launch.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Okay, really....I do want them to give us a snog once in a while. I know it would make some of us on here happy :p

Caroline had some really good insight on the characters and that was interesting to hear. She seemed to sum up what a lot of us have thought all along about M & L's relationship. And being part English, those personality traits hit close to home for me (stiff upper lip, not wanting to rock the boat or be the first one to step out on the ledge, afraid to express how we really feel to loved ones, etc.).

What I liked is the group of clips they used. They make a really nice introduction for people who haven't watched the program. I've been trying to get my sister hooked and I think showing her this program will get her interested.
  • MofromcoMofromco Posts: 1,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It cuts off the whole right side on mine too...but it's a good look otherwise. Bring it back to center, please
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    marchrand wrote: »

I guess I got lucky today. On a laptop and no problems viewing the new DS format. :cool:

Unfortunately, the "cool" smilie now looks like a bank robber!
  • mmDerdekeammDerdekea Posts: 1,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zarwen wrote: »
    Given the way s6 played out, I would have preferred not to have e1! Setting it up that way made the whole season into a downward spiral. Many of you have offered ideas for the direction of s7, but if BP is consistent, it won't be anything like that. Anyway, I would have preferred to see the contents of e1 as the culmination of something rather than the misleading setup of something. Just my $2 worth. :mad:

I would have preferred to just have E1 and not S6! ;)

I agree E1 was a misleading set up for what happened so suddenly and abruptly in E2. Going from E1 to E2 was a shock--it didn't stimulate my interest or intrigue me; it made me a bit annoyed and confused with the inexplicable inconsistency in writing and tone.

It was like being kicked out of the Garden of Eden into desert land with prickly bushes scattered about. :) I really wanted E1 back!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I guess I got lucky today. On a laptop and no problems viewing the new DS format. :cool:

Unfortunately, the "cool" smilie now looks like a bank robber!

I agree about the bank robber!

Another problem - at least on the iPad - is that the ad at the top of the page is covered up - you can only see the bottom edge.

Not really a problem for me, but their ad buyers won't be too happy.
  • marchrandmarchrand Posts: 879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NYDMFAN wrote: »
    It will not "push over" on my iPad .....horizontal movement is stuck in one place. I hope someone at DS notices this problem!!!

Sorry, I did not mean for you to "push over"--I meant the powers that be. For some reason, I get the feeling that there is too much wasted "white blank space". The old setup was tighter, cozier amongst us, do you know what I mean?
    Forum Member
    Shop Girl wrote: »
    What I liked is the group of clips they used. They make a really nice introduction for people who haven't watched the program. I've been trying to get my sister hooked and I think showing her this program will get her interested.

It was MC and the humor that got me hooked at first, then secondly the M/L story. I've always had a love of British humor, probably inherited from my mum. DM isn't for everyone. Most of my friends are addicted to Dr. Who and can't stand or don't "get" DM. I'm not a huge sci fi fan so Dr.W holds no interest with me. I'll watch it, but I'm not addicted.
    Forum Member
    So far, so good for me. Office desktop fine, Droid smartphone fine. Still need to check on my laptop at home. Is there a helpdesk link or site problem reporting link somewhere here where you can let them know the problems you are having?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2013/12/martin-clunes-to-front-seven-doco-series.html

It looks like Australia is going to get the Islands treatment. Oh my, I would love to see it when it airs. cc.cookie, are you there?
  • ZarwenZarwen Posts: 249
    Forum Member
    http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2013/12/martin-clunes-to-front-seven-doco-series.html

It looks like Australia is going to get the Islands treatment. Oh my, I would love to see it when it airs. cc.cookie, are you there?

Oh, yippee! Something new to look forward to!

On an unrelated note, I am also having the problem with the right side of the page cut off. And the new emoticons are monochromatic, ugh!!!:mad:
  • BloodphobiaBloodphobia Posts: 448
    Forum Member
    I hope series 7 of Doc Martin is NOT like the new DS format. Change occurs but the results are not good
    Forum Member
    You can contact technical support via this link and let them know what issues you are having. I'm sure those who are having problems with the new site are not the only ones.

http://www.digitalspy.com/contact/
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yay! Fixed!

Thank you DS.

(Still not crazy about the emoticons, but I guess you can't have everything)

Anybody notice that this new refresh looks a lot like IOS 7? I noticed that The Weather Channel just recently changed the look of their local forecast (local on the 8s) and it also looks a lot like IOS 7. (That's the new Apple system for iPads and iPhones)
  • MofromcoMofromco Posts: 1,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Totally.......well, not totally off subject but I'm watching William&Mary on Acorn. It is so nice to see a decent picture and no pausing and searching for the next piece. He was so cuddly and gorgeous and affectionate in that show! It's like a breath of fresh air after the grumpiness of DM all these months. I am falling in love all over again..not as though I fell out of love of course. And he had clothes off a lot in it too! Just sharing my pleasant experience this afternoon.

And...no matter how many times I've seen that "Why Does It Always Rain On Me?" funeral I always end up crying my eyes out. So moving
  • ZarwenZarwen Posts: 249
    Forum Member
    Mofromco wrote: »
    Totally.......well, not totally off subject but I'm watching William&Mary on Acorn. It is so nice to see a decent picture and no pausing and searching for the next piece. He was so cuddly and gorgeous and affectionate in that show! It's like a breath of fresh air after the grumpiness of DM all these months. I am falling in love all over again..not as though I fell out of love of course. And he had clothes off a lot in it too! Just sharing my pleasant experience this afternoon.

And...no matter how many times I've seen that "Why Does It Always Rain On Me?" funeral I always end up crying my eyes out. So moving

Well, Mofromco, I suppose great minds think alike. I have been thinking I could do with a rewatch of that, or maybe Reggie Perrin, for the same reason!
    Forum Member
    Zarwen wrote: »
    Well, Mofromco, I suppose great minds think alike. I have been thinking I could do with a rewatch of that, or maybe Reggie Perrin, for the same reason!

I almost think part of our problem w/DM is that we want loving nature of the character MC played in W&M. We can count the times that we've wanted M to show his love to L in the same way he did in W&M. I guess there were times during S6 that it could have happened but didn't...and maybe that's a good thing because it wouldn't be as intriguing a show if all they did was cuddle and snog--even if he was to behave that way despite the blood phobia issues. AND, we wouldn't have anything to potentially look forward to. I still think DM is a much richer show than W&M. W&M was good, but not as good as DM. IMHO.
This discussion has been closed.