Jim is wasting his chance to redeem himself in the public's eyes

124»

Comments

• summertime09summertime09 Posts: 10,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Agree 100%

It is a shame that those on here who have taken a dislike to Linda are using this fracas as a stick to beat her with. I just think .........give him enough rope. It'll be like Barrymore all over again IMO. Started out OK but ......he couldn't keep it up.

NOR could Linda!!!
  • artstuartstu Posts: 1,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When's he going to do his Chalky voice? That was comedy gold.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He is a vile guy, has been known for that in the business for years.
  • 1Mickey1Mickey Posts: 10,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He doesn't need to "redeem himself". He's not a tv personality anymore and his stage shows still sell out.
  • Kwazykat61Kwazykat61 Posts: 254
    Forum Member
    Sun Tzu. wrote: »
    I like him. Hasn't done anything I would deem wrong. He doesn't have to do anything just to please the PC brigade which is what the OP is hinting at.

He is currently in the Top 3 for who has come across best so far.

Agree
  • BanditaBandita Posts: 3,735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SegaGamer wrote: »
    I agree. The others are in the wrong, i had no idea what the hell Linda was getting so annoyed about at all tonight. It's like she just wanted to have a moan for the hell of it.

This ^^^ I have just watched it on catch up and have absolutely no idea what he's supposed to have done and am no real fan of Jims. If she wanted to have it out with him she should take him aside - all that passive aggressive stuff she pulled, she has learned well from her sister imo.
  • Blue Eyed ladyBlue Eyed lady Posts: 6,007
    Forum Member
    Bandita wrote: »
    This ^^^ I have just watched it on catch up and have absolutely no idea what he's supposed to have done and am no real fan of Jims. If she wanted to have it out with him she should take him aside - all that passive aggressive stuff she pulled, she has learned well from her sister imo.

JD is the type of person, because he's a so called Comedian, who thinks he can say whatever he likes to people then pass it off as a joke.
    When he told Jasmine to F Off last night, we had Sam defending him saying, "that's just Jim, it's the way he is" etc
    Well sorry but telling someone you've only just met to F Off is not even remotely funny.

Personally I think he's trying to contain his true personality but before long that mask he's hiding behind will slip.
  • Sun Tzu.Sun Tzu. Posts: 19,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Normal????

God help us. Ask his ex wives what 'normal' is. I know I have said I'll judge what goes on in the house but ...............if he's normal - that scares me TBH.
    You don't see Jim doing what Dappy or Jasmine or Lee are doing in order to get airtime and be that desperate.

I think he is the most normal person in the house, with Lionel and Ollie and Sam.
  • Flabby_GutFlabby_Gut Posts: 230
    Forum Member
    artstu wrote: »
    When's he going to do his Chalky voice? That was comedy gold.

I agree. I looked up a few of them on Youtube. I don't get how he even worked at the BBC for as long as he did.

It's almost as funny as his denial about the whole Chalky White being racist.

I laughed at the videos I saw simply in disbelief.
  • Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Flabby_Gut wrote: »
    I agree. I looked up a few of them on Youtube. I don't get how he even worked at the BBC for as long as he did.

It's almost as funny as his denial about the whole Chalky White being racist.

I laughed at the videos I saw simply in disbelief.

Same here. One man's racist attempts at humour are another mans Comedy Gold..takes all sorts!;-)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,335
    Forum Member
    He seemed quite mature and not such an idiot on arrival but I think he will revert
  • boyzieboyzie Posts: 3,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like him,he's definately holding back tho,and if he doesn't lose his rag he could be the surprise of the series......Keep it together Jim and let's have some comedy,but be careful cos they are waiting to jump on you.
  • SuesSues Posts: 1,475
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    About Jim walking out when Linda was going to tell him why she didn't like him - He was talking to someone earlier this week (I am not sure it wasn't Linda) that he had been to therapy and they have taught him to walk away the minute he feels his anger. He was only doing what he had been taught to see him through. I would say that was a lesson he has learnt and I commend him for it.
  • TerryM22TerryM22 Posts: 19,463
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mrs BBV wrote: »
    I like him. :D

I like Jim too, I thought he did well walking away from a confrontation.
  • carolineglasgowcarolineglasgow Posts: 828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NaughtyNan wrote: »
    I like him too, you know why? because he's damn faulty just like the rest of us!

If "damn faulty" means telling racist, sexist and homophobic jokes, than I guess he's damn faulty.
  • Mrs BBVMrs BBV Posts: 3,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TerryM22 wrote: »
    I like Jim too, I thought he did well walking away from a confrontation.

Glad to see you back my friend. I was worried your holiday might have been a bit longer than it turned out to be. :)
  • Mrs BBVMrs BBV Posts: 3,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If "damn faulty" means telling racist, sexist and homophobic jokes, than I guess he's damn faulty.

In the 80's my Dad used to do exactly that. He didn't know any better. Remind him of it now and he's appalled. Times and culture change and people grow up.....Thank God..
  • BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,548
    Forum Member
    pie-eyed wrote: »
    Jim did not "flounce out in a temper". He walked away from someone looking for an argument with half the house surrounding her. If Linda wanted to sort things out with Jim she would have taken him aside and spoken to him privately. As for the basis of her supposed dislike, "talking over her", that's ridiculous. There are 12 people there. Everyone does not fall silent every time someone else speaks. Its always the case on BB. Too many people trying to talk and people often being cut off mid flow. Trying to demonise someone else for speaking when she is is absolutely ridiculous. If he's not listening to her, so what, talk to whoever is listening and let him do his thing.

Likewise the Kate Hopkins thing. Maybe not everyones favourite person on TV but not liking Jim because she said she does? Really. I've been watching Jim Davidson on TV all my life. Don't really have an opinion of him as a person, but It wasn't him badmouthing another housemate before anyone had ever entered the house. He's not going round trying to turn the house against anyone else. Linda is. Don't forget they are all on their own in there and having someone gather a little gang around them to undermine you must be a horrible feeling for anyone. So, I'd much rather watch Jim in there than Linda who, in my opinion, once she thinks she has others on her side, is going to get completely carried away and show herself up big time.

Excellent post.