Options

Day 16 | Sunday 23rd February | Live Chat Thread

Comments

• Options
    JoooeJoooe Posts: 8,661
    Forum Member
    I remember watching the South Korea/Japan World Cup in the mornings at school. I take it schools won't do that for the Olympics? :p
  • Options
    miss buzzybeemiss buzzybee Posts: 16,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    brb wrote: »
    Everything seems to be a rip off from London 2012 according to people on here. Hell, even the olympics before London 2012 ripped off us, right?

Ha haaa true. This isn't bad from South Korea
  • Options
    brbbrb Posts: 27,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CarlLewis wrote: »
    Low cost presentation so far

Isn't this always the case? Wasn't the London one a bunch of people riding bikes, some people with umbrellas and a bus that opened up to give us Leona Lewis?

edit: and can't forget the lollipop lady!
  • Options
    Tfan26Tfan26 Posts: 6,829
    Forum Member
    Iliked this really good! Better than Sochi in Vancouver!
  • Options
    xenosysxenosys Posts: 1,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Presentation stinks. Bit Pyeongy.
  • Options
    anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    As if the Russians are going to overturn the decision in the womens ice dance. Yeah right.
  • Options
    Dr. ClawDr. Claw Posts: 7,375
    Forum Member
    noelfirl wrote: »
    What you mean the same Netherlands who won 24 medals at this Olympics? :confused:

yes they only participate in 1 sport in the olympics so it would be strange for either nation to host it. where are their skiers? snowboarders? etc :kitty:
  • Options
    Psycho_NedPsycho_Ned Posts: 17,745
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    These things from the next host are always low cost, remember Britains one a red London bus Leona Lewis and David Beckham kicking a ball was about it!
  • Options
    breppobreppo Posts: 2,433
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dr. Claw wrote: »
    i swear the only time i saw any koreans this olympics was in the short track ice skating and also yuna kim. they're not that prolific in winter sports. it would be like the netherlands hosting the event

That would be brilliant. I'm sure it can be done. We already have the speed skating, short track, curling, ice hockey and indoor-ski venues. Just ditch the rest of the sports.
  • Options
    deivu74deivu74 Posts: 3,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well that was a bit drivel. Mind you, you can't do a lot in 8 minutes. I guess the unlit snowball was made by Samsung, the rest Sony? :D
  • Options
    basdfgbasdfg Posts: 6,764
    Forum Member
    ClarkF1 wrote: »
    It wasn't as good as it could have been especially with Ray Davies badly out of tune and Russell Brand making a random appearance but at least it wasn't as bad as the Closing Ceremony of the Paralympics which was a glorified Coldplay concert
    The closing ceremony of the Paralympics was dire. I got bored watching it.
    Cant see myself going to Brazil, South Korea or Tokyo but if 2022 is in Europe I might go. Ditto for the 2024 Olympics.
  • Options
    Tfan26Tfan26 Posts: 6,829
    Forum Member
    Just realized that was G.Na!
  • Options
    mountymounty Posts: 19,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd say the koreans kept their bit well in budget
  • Options
    stargazer61stargazer61 Posts: 70,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As if the Russians are going to overturn the decision in the womens ice dance. Yeah right.

The decision is not for Russia to make........it would be made by an \Olympic committee
  • Options
    Lisa.BLisa.B Posts: 57,275
    Forum Member
    yes they only participate in 1 sport in the olympics so it would be strange for either nation to host it. where are their skiers? snowboarders? etc :kitty:

I take it you didn't watch the Dutch win gold in Snowboarding 4yrs ago then?
  • Options
    Parker45Parker45 Posts: 5,854
    Forum Member
    spookyLX wrote: »
    This is actually very good , maybe because I love Classical music this is coming across better than London

Absolutely agree. Very stylish. Much better than London.
  • Options
    ArcanaArcana Posts: 37,521
    Forum Member
    Apparently the IOC president won the gold medal in fencing in 1976.
  • Options
    The NetThe Net Posts: 5,494
    Forum Member
    basdfg wrote: »
    The closing ceremony of the Paralympics was dire. I got bored watching it.
    Cant see myself going to Brazil, South Korea or Tokyo but if 2022 is in Europe I might go. Ditto for the 2024 Olympics.

I've already registered for Brazil 2016. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The decision is not for Russia to make........it would be made by an \Olympic committee

Still aint gonna happen
  • Options
    ClarkF1ClarkF1 Posts: 6,587
    Forum Member

They came fourth in the two-woman bob and had snowboarders. They just didn't do that well.
  • Options
    CarlLewisCarlLewis Posts: 6,236
    Forum Member
    Lisa.B wrote: »
    I take it you didn't watch the Dutch win gold in Snowboarding 4yrs ago then?

They had bobsleighers today.
  • Options
    tellyadicttellyadict Posts: 4,057
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pyeongchang is not actually a city but a county. The equivalent of Yorkshire hosting the games..
  • Options
    Lisa.BLisa.B Posts: 57,275
    Forum Member
    CarlLewis wrote: »
    They had bobsleighers today.

I know, I watched it.
  • Options
    brbbrb Posts: 27,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, thank you Russia for protecting us against the gays during the time of the winter games. Thank you so much.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hazels Russian is very impressive