The Wright Stuff Discussion Thread (Part 3)

Comments

• lightonmyfeetlightonmyfeet Posts: 1,767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TrishaS wrote: »
    I missed why Kirsty wasn't in today?

I don't know, not sure if anything was said to explain it. I like Seema though as she just gets on with what she has to do. Brave try from TV Kev, but don't give up the day job.

I thought Jamie was a good guest, full of things to say and not just going through the motions to plug his play. I was sorry to hear about DW's troubles, sounds a particularly nasty burglary.
  • lulu glulu g Posts: 52,640
    Forum Member
    cavalli wrote: »
    What a great guest Jamie Foreman was, hope they have him back soon.
    I must confess he surprised me. I've never liked him, but he really did make a good panellist this morning.
  • China GirlChina Girl Posts: 2,754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, very entertaining today, he was a good guest.
  • TrishaSTrishaS Posts: 3,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lulu g wrote: »
    I must confess he surprised me. I've never liked him, but he really did make a good panellist this morning.

Same here, but I found him very entertaining and funny. He would make a good regular :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 194
    Forum Member
    Just watched today's show, Jamie foreman and his paper review made me laugh. With Jamie foreman what u see is what u get; unlike the other false plastic celebs that TWS has on the show as guests.
  • shoppingqueenshoppingqueen Posts: 362
    Forum Member
    I kinda prefer Seema and Anna (the researcher) to Kirsty these days! :o
    time for change?

Danniella was supposed to be on all week but vanished on Thurs and was emergency replaced for the rest of the week. She wrote a tweet which was then deleted but there is loads of replies to her. I think after her divorce and then burglary, the robbers came back and did the house again on Weds night. According to the newspapers, the third time in weeks!

She forgot to mention it in that schools discussion but did say her son was cheeky or something like that but if you look online you can find out loads of news stories about him. He was arrested for drugs a month ago, he is 17.

I feel sorry for her but she really is one of the most awful panel guests!
  • IzzySIzzyS Posts: 11,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jamie Foreman was good but im not sure who he is - is he in a soap or something? I don't watch soaps. I missed the start of the show, so I missed the introductions.

How long has the show been running for now? if he's planning to leave once it hits 20 years old...if it lasts that long? just curious. It must be a good 10-12 years or so?.
  • AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    IzzyS wrote: »
    Jamie Foreman was good but im not sure who he is - is he in a soap or something? I don't watch soaps. I missed the start of the show, so I missed the introductions.

How long has the show been running for now? if he's planning to leave once it hits 20 years old...if it lasts that long? just curious. It must be a good 10-12 years or so?.

Jamie Foreman is a well known actor. He's been in loads of stuff. Films as well as television. He's known for playing gangster types in British gangster films for over 15 years. But he plays other roles too. Been in some very well known films such as Elizabeth, Sleepy Hollow, Oliver Twist, and Layer Cake.
    He's also the son of 60s London gangster Freddie Foreman who was an associate of The Krays.

Yes, the show has been going for a long time. Since the year 2000.
  • IzzySIzzyS Posts: 11,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jamie Foreman is a well known actor. He's been in loads of stuff. Films as well as television. He's known for playing gangster types in British gangster films for over 15 years. But he plays other roles too. Been in some very well known films such as Elizabeth, Sleepy Hollow, Oliver Twist, and Layer Cake.
    He's also the son of 60s London gangster Freddie Foreman who was an associate of The Krays.

Yes, the show has been going for a long time. Since the year 2000.

Ok, I didn't recognise the name. He was quite funny - made me think of Al Murray. Its a bit ironic Matthew had to apologise for Shazia using a word she shouldn't have but he didn't swear (at least not that I can remember anyway).

I thought the show had been going since the erly 00s but I wasn't sure when exactly.
  • JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,205
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does anyone know why Gail Porter hasn't been on for a while? I always liked her on telly.
  • CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jeremy has really grown on me as a panelist. He seems more animated these days.
  • China GirlChina Girl Posts: 2,754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Jeremy too, he comes across as a likeable and decent man.
  • Loz_FraggleLoz_Fraggle Posts: 5,758
    Forum Member
    JamieHT wrote: »
    Does anyone know why Gail Porter hasn't been on for a while? I always liked her on telly.

I wondered if her mental health issues have prevented her from appearing again.
  • DVDfeverDVDfever Posts: 18,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    IzzyS wrote: »

Thanks to gurney-slade for the link. MW is 48 now so that makes it another 7 years to come after this September.

I wonder if it'll improve after Desmond sells off C5?
  • gurney-sladegurney-slade Posts: 29,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matthew Wright ‏@Matthew_Wright 13h

No @5WrightStuff for me tomorrow as having a medical -gr8 phone-ins all the same + fab richardm56 holding the fort.
  • steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why is it whenever I have a day off work it's always bloody Madeley!!>:(
  • shoppingqueenshoppingqueen Posts: 362
    Forum Member
    Gail is on twitter all the time and seems to be working and in a much better mental health place. Don't know why she doesn't do TWS anymore but she got her friend Lee Hurst on the panel about 2 years ago for the first time.

She was welcoming MW to twitter last week and was shocked he had joined finally. They were arranging dinner or meeting up.

Hope she does TWS again!

No MW on a Monday again, hope he medical goes well!

I was going to update on here the show from the week from the website but they haven't actually posted the page yet, just today :D
  • steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Madeley is after doing this show full time you can see it in his mannerisms if Wright even hinted he wanted to go Madeley would be in the Channel 5 HQ before Matthew had finished his resignation speech.
  • CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    steveh31 wrote: »
    Madeley is after doing this show full time you can see it in his mannerisms if Wright even hinted he wanted to go Madeley would be in the Channel 5 HQ before Matthew had finished his resignation speech.

I'd prefer Richard presenting full time.
  • gurney-sladegurney-slade Posts: 29,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Creamtea wrote: »

He could have Judy doing the phones! :D
  • farmer bobfarmer bob Posts: 27,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dickie needs a haircut, he looks a tad unkempt. I have images of him going all "feral" down in the wilds of Cornwall, whilst awaiting the call to make haste to London and fill in for Wrighty.
    :-D
  • farmer bobfarmer bob Posts: 27,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Creamtea wrote: »

I agree.
    Far more preferable to the gurning faced Wright.
  • StrakerStraker Posts: 79,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    farmer bob wrote: »
    I agree.
    Far more preferable to the gurning faced Wright.

Wait until the 37th Madeley family anecdote of the show and you might reconsider that rash wish.
  • broadshoulderbroadshoulder Posts: 18,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Uuegh...its richard madeley

Even worse is that awful aussie and his pompous asides
This discussion has been closed.