If your partner need a kidney transplant, would you give them one of yours?

Comments

• naquadanaquada Posts: 1,213
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Partner? If it would save their life, I would give a Kidney to any family member or close friend. You only need one, how could you live with yourself if someone you love died when you could have done something to save their life?
  • RiDsTeRRiDsTeR Posts: 12,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe.. Depends how much they payed me ;)

I would do it without hesitation.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 165
    Forum Member
    No!

Nearly all partners cheat.... how more betrayed will you feel after giving the swine your kidney?

But I would give any of my immediate (blood) family a kidney, without a second thought!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 294
    Forum Member
    No!

Nearly all partners cheat.... how more betrayed will you feel after giving the swine your kidney?

Blimey:o

Do you have any statistics to back up your claim?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 294
    Forum Member
    You caught me! Yes. Yes I am :blush:

Just going to make myself go do something right now!! byeeeeeeeeee

Ok, see ya in 10 minutes.:D
  • RichTeaBiscuitRichTeaBiscuit Posts: 541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    100% yes without hesitation.
  • Toby LaRhoneToby LaRhone Posts: 12,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Safi74 wrote: »
    This.

I'd've done it in a heart beat for two of my partners before they both cheated on me.
    I'm confused. How many kidneys did you have to start with?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,924
    Forum Member
    Yes, without any doubt at all. Same goes for my children and grandchildren. I know he would do the same for me too.
  • netcurtainsnetcurtains Posts: 23,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah of course I would ,though I'm not sure if my kidneys would be suitable as they're both scarred after my first pregnancy but if they were suitable I'd let him have one.
  • Safi74Safi74 Posts: 5,580
    Forum Member
    I'm confused. How many kidneys did you have to start with?

I would have done it if required! It wasn't thank god! Especially as they turned out to be cheating gits.

As far as I know I have the standard two!
  • TardisSteveTardisSteve Posts: 8,077
    Forum Member
    I sure would, wouldn't hesitate
  • rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If it was a matter of life and death I would. I was went to the Royal Mail today and the lady in from went to get her slip out of her purse to collect the parcel she missed and I saw a donor card. I think it is one of the bravest and kindest things to do is to give a part of your anatomy in order to save someone's life.
  • SemieroticSemierotic Posts: 11,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd make them beg.
  • PrincessTTPrincessTT Posts: 4,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'd donate my kidney to anyone who needed it if I was a match with them - partner, family, friend, ex or even a stranger.
  • Toby LaRhoneToby LaRhone Posts: 12,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PrincessTT wrote: »

I'd donate my kidney to anyone who needed it if I was a match with them - partner, family, friend, ex or even a stranger.
    Anything else?
  • barrowgirlbarrowgirl Posts: 1,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know someone who did this and bitterly regretted it .She gave it to her sister who made a promise to adopt a healthy lifestyle , but she didn't and kept on smoking heavily .Six years later she died , taking the kidney with her ! ( died of lung cancer )
  • Simon_MoreSimon_More Posts: 709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My best friend did. She gave it to her husband. They are a great couple. He was home before her lol. She was in hospital longer as her operation had complications.
  • Raquelos.Raquelos. Posts: 7,734
    Forum Member
    Easy question - yes
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't have a partner but I would give both and other organs that resulted in my demise to my mother and some family members if it was to save their life, I can't imagine the nhs agreeing to that though.;-)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,811
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No. I have been married twice. Both are proper ***** and are long gone from my life. All theydid was break hearts or bones.
    I would gladly give my kidney to any of my children or siblings nieces or nephews.
    And my two closest friends.

I did have one soul mate partner who passed away almost 7 years ago from Cf. I would have given him anything to keep him here. Sadly by the time he accepted a transplant was morallyright it was to late.

Life's a bitch
  • DigitalSpyUserDigitalSpyUser Posts: 1,319
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You have to be compatible first. You have to consider the implications to yourself.

I would do it for a family member but as my kidneys wouldn't be acceptable to transplant it's not something I can consider, so this is a mute question for me.

Dialysis is inconvenient and time consuming to those that have to undertake it, but it's a lot better than it used to be and people can survive quite happily for decades on dialysis. Donating a kidney is more about giving that person quality of life. So if it's your partner and you are able to donate a kidney, then it will help both of you as a couple.

However not all kidney transplants are successful. At least though if they aren't the person can return to dialysis.
  • ElectraElectra Posts: 55,660
    Forum Member
    Wasn't there a case a couple of years ago - a woman gave a kidney to her husband, who promptly left her as soon as his health improved?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Absolutely not. I could suffer complications, and to put it bluntly, if my partner died I'd find someone else anyway.
  • d0lphind0lphin Posts: 25,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes but he wouldn't be offered one anyway as his heart wouldn't be strong enough to stand major surgery. A new heart would be more beneficial to him but unfortunately that's not something i can help with!

(I have heard of people donating a kidney to their partner and then splitting up, I don't think you should do it with the proviso that you never split up though!)
  • jarryhackjarryhack Posts: 5,076
    Forum Member
    Yes without hesitation. I would do anything (legal) for him.