Working out housing benifit

jjesso123jjesso123 Posts: 5,944
Forum Member
I for the life of me can not work out the amount of housing benefit I would receive in this scenario. I myself Am on ESA Main phase support group, and claiming PIP. My sister wants to rent out house for us to both live in with her two children, She works, and is down for 26 hours. I also should note I do receive 85/pw HB regardless of me 21 as I was in supported housing for more than three months, thanks for any feeback.

Comments

• maxsimaxsi Posts: 2,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    only one of you will get it but depends on what she earns and whether she gets tax credits etc

Have a play on entitled to.com
  • jjesso123jjesso123 Posts: 5,944
    Forum Member
    Who classed as the ''none dependent'' thanks.
  • phantom sneezephantom sneeze Posts: 1,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm on IB and receive full housing benefit of £187 a week, I would imagine it would be similar for you and you will get maximum entitlement.
  • justatechjustatech Posts: 976
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They willbe considered as joint tenants. The rent will be divided in two and they will each be responsible for their share. If either of them apply for housing benefit it will be judged on their individual income and which if any dependants they each have.

Any landlord will expect any adults living in his property to have a signed tenancy agreement.