The Leona Lewis Appreciation Thread (Part 57)

Comments

• IsThisHappinessIsThisHappiness Posts: 7,580
    Forum Member
    @IsThisHappiness: I love the Nicki song you posted before. She studied musical or in a similiar field I think

Really? I didn't realise she was such a good singer!!! Im so impressed by the whole album but that song in particular is sensational
  • pokerfaceLelepokerfaceLele Posts: 1,179
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really? I didn't realise she was such a good singer!!! Im so impressed by the whole album but that song in particular is sensational

I looked it up on her Wiki page now and yes, it says that she studied acting and singing.

I agree, Nicki is fantastic. Female rappers add so much strength and emotion to songs, it's unbelievable. I love their attitude! :D

I wish Lil Kim or Nicki would join Leona on one song, just to give it a try and see how it works out.
  • SoeplepelSoeplepel Posts: 24,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ew no, not Nicki Minaj.. Her voice is mega edited. She should stick to be untalented and not trying
    Forum Member
    I looked it up on her Wiki page now and yes, it says that she studied acting and singing.

I agree, Nicki is fantastic. Female rappers add so much strength and emotion to songs, it's unbelievable. I love their attitude! :D

I wish Lil Kim or Nicki would join Leona on one song, just to give it a try and see how it works out.

I love them too and that is a great idea!
    Soeplepel wrote: »
    Ew no, not Nicki Minaj.. Her voice is mega edited. She should stick to be untalented and not trying

no no! listen to it! it should be up on youtube now! her vocals are actually very impressive it doesnt sound very edited like her vocals did on previous albums! ive just read shes meant to be a very good singer but has no confidence singing publicly and feels much better rapping
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

no no! listen to it! it should be up on youtube now! her vocals are actually very impressive it doesnt sound very edited like her vocals did on previous albums! ive just read shes meant to be a very good singer but has no confidence singing publicly and feels much better rapping

I was listening to it when typing my comment, she sounds like an autotuned mouse :D
    Forum Member
    I was listening to it when typing my comment, she sounds like an autotuned mouse :D

no she doesnt!!!!!

compare it to 'Marilyn Monroe' and stuff like that!!! her vocals are good!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I have to say that I just love Anaconda. :D It's funny that loads of people are offended by the Video. I, on the other Hand, think that the Video is very creative plus funny and Nicki doesn't take herself too seriously.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have to say that I just love Anaconda. :D It's funny that loads of people are offended by the Video. I, on the other Hand, think that the Video is very creative plus funny and Nicki doesn't take herself too seriously.

No one does :cool:
  • alanlamnamalanlamnam Posts: 686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wasn't a big fan of Nicki Minaj and only randomly listened to some of her bigger hits but some songs from The Pinkprint really impressed me. Bed of Lies with Skylar Grey earned my respect for her talent. I have always been a huge fan of Skylar Grey and their collaboration is really beautiful. I would love Leona to work with Skylar. I think they can easily create heartbreaking soft ballads like How Everything You Are and Stay together. A hook for Leona from Skylar would be great too. Now that I have started to love Nicki Minaj's music, I'm really interested in a Nicki + Leona collaboration - some sexy or dark urban/R&B with haunting Leona vocals.

Weird enough, I've always imagined Favourite Scar (feat. Nicki Minaj) with a Nicki-level colourful music video lol :P
  • spaceoddityspaceoddity Posts: 4,814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A Nicki or Iggy feature would be boring & predictable. Nicki's a major talent when it comes to rapping (no comment on Iggy, she's awful) and she praised Leona really highly a few years back.. but she's on everyone's songs. Virtually anyone can grab a Nicki feature these days.

I'd rather Angel Haze or even Azealia Banks if they were thinking of going really left.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm I have Grand Piano on repeat ........
  • MartijnxoxMartijnxox Posts: 203
    Forum Member
    Nicki Minaj's new album is amazing! Very impressed.
    Forum Member
    Hmm I have Grand Piano on repeat ........

See!!! Hahaha it's so good easiy one of her best
    Forum Member
    Martijnxox wrote: »
    Nicki Minaj's new album is amazing! Very impressed.

The Crying Game is amazing but I'm annoyed jessie ware Isnt mentioned as the singer
  • Jack_Clarke2Jack_Clarke2 Posts: 602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So are we writing this leona Lewis album 5 account off as a fake? Or could it be real news??
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So are we writing this leona Lewis album 5 account off as a fake? Or could it be real news??

well the news is real as we already knew it :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    well the news is real as we already knew it :cool:

Hahahaha okay 😎 they've just said there are no collabs on the final cut! I hope this isn't true
  • fallendancerfallendancer Posts: 6,246
    Forum Member

Where is this account?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Where is this account?

On twitter @leaklele
  • pespes Posts: 2,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He knows that there will be 14 songs..and 5 of them are exceptional..but he does not know any song titles #reliable
  • spaceoddityspaceoddity Posts: 4,814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pes wrote: »
    He knows that there will be 14 songs..and 5 of them are exceptional..but he does not know any song titles #reliable

It's funny they mentioned 5 songs.. especially when we were told last week that the lead single was between 5 songs ;-) I don't buy it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Am i crazy for asking the user on twitter further questions? Lol.
    Newest info is that lead single wont sound like trouble lol :D.

:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wait after reading the tweets does that mean someone here knows a song title?? (I think it was Soe) or am I just being slow and we already knew that
  • AlfonsoJuanesAlfonsoJuanes Posts: 2,330
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wait after reading the tweets does that mean someone here knows a song title?? (I think it was Soe) or am I just being slow and we already knew that

I confirmed "Lightening" as a song title in my Twitter (@LeonaLewisES) a few days ago. But this person says is not "Lightening", but "Lightning"... Don't know what to think. My source told me "Lightening" but maybe he put the "e" accidentaly.

I was talking to @leaklele by DM and he sounds convincing... I don't know what to think
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I confirmed "Lightening" as a song title in my Twitter (@LeonaLewisES) a few days ago. But this person says is not "Lightening", but "Lightning"... Don't know what to think. My source told me "Lightening" but maybe he put the "e" accidentaly.

I was talking to @leaklele by DM and he sounds convincing... I don't know what to think

Probably a typo lol :p
This discussion has been closed.