Options

Do you have a select few programmes that you love and get upset when they finish?

wooooooooooooopwooooooooooooop Posts: 647
Forum Member
✭✭
I always do, I am still gutted as I dont know when Waterloo Road is coming back.

I mean like I don't cry or anything, it is just annoying because it's like you don't know what to do when the next week or whenever something else is on in it's place.

At lease misfits is back on Thursday so it's not all bad :p

Comments

• Options
    FroodFrood Posts: 13,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, I don't get upset.

I move on.
  • Options
    J-JJ-J Posts: 1,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I always do, I am still gutted as I dont know when Waterloo Road is coming back.

I mean like I don't cry or anything, it is just annoying because it's like you don't know what to do when the next week or whenever something else is on in it's place.

Not so much upset but i miss The Wire
  • Options
    wooooooooooooopwooooooooooooop Posts: 647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lol, I do too it's just that you wish they were still on and it's annoying when some other rubbish is on in their place.

in the last few weeks, Waterloo Road, the Inbetweeners and now Downton Abbey have all finished :(
  • Options
    king_walnutking_walnut Posts: 539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I get it with Shameless, and also with Misfits.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Er no, it's tv !!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 78
    Forum Member
    I do :o

I went through a phase of obsession with waterloo road when it finished once, but at the moment it's all about Downton Abbey. It's only been 2 days and I am desperate for more.

I just can't help it, TV is my passion.
  • Options
    sofakatsofakat Posts: 16,650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think people 'get upset' about the end of a programme. They might miss it or think, 'drat, that's over, what a shame'.

It's a drag, but it's only TV.

If you DO 'get upset' and I think you might need to rethink how you spend your spare time! :D
  • Options
    stu0rtstu0rt Posts: 946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In the early series of Big Brother I really felt rather a void in my life after they'd ended. The housemates had become almost part of the family, and then they were wrenched away. But I outgrew BB a few years ago and didn't get into the later ones.

I also really liked The Mole when it was originally on, and felt a similar kind of mourning when each series finished.

As a kid, I used to love Heidi (I think that was what it was called; a girl in the Alps doing things with mountain goats). I even rearranged my piano lessons so I could watch it (in the days before VCRs).

There was a kids' show on ITV in the 80s that I absolutely adored, and when it finished I was inconsolable. I was moody and crying and lost my appetite for weeks afterwards. I even planned to write to ITV to ask for a tape of it, even though we had no VCR to play it on! Funny thing is, I can't remember anything about it now. I think it was animated and had some kind of professor going around in a flying craft, and might have been American or Australian in origin.
  • Options
    Lobelia OverhilLobelia Overhil Posts: 531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I used to, but these days with repeats on various satellite channels and DVD boxed sets, there's no reason to get sad about it.

Although I do wish they'd made more episodes of Firefly
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 197
    Forum Member
    For me Alias, Life On Mars, 24, Lost and Damages(although there may be another series of this) are all recent examples of programmes I have loved but I wouldn't say I was upset when they ended just a bit disappointed. I can see why they have ended though and I wouldn't want them dragged out for years and become rubbish (questionable for some of the series I have mentioned though haha).
  • Options
    stu0rtstu0rt Posts: 946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If anyone's interested, I think the show I was thinking of is Doctor Snuggles (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doctor_Snuggles). I don't know how to edit posts else I'd have added it there!
  • Options
    shoulderduffshoulderduff Posts: 1,101
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Black Donnellys....it just finnished with so many loose ends to tie up. I watch the DVD at least once a year but I am upset it didn`t get a decent finnish.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't know what to do with myself for a bit when Ashes to Ashes and Lost both finished earlier this year. :D

But I've since discovered and become obsessed with other shows, as I always do, so it the "post series depression" never lasts long because there's always something new to get distracted by!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I used to get upset when Top Gear finished. I did actually shed some tears but was over it in like....five minutes.

Sadly my outlook has changed due to the whole Stig farce and I'm now not bothered if it comes back or not.

:(
  • Options
    barracuda91barracuda91 Posts: 3,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sad I have to wait another year for Downton Abbey to return and I don't know how I'm gonna cope without Chuck for a year (assuming it gets renewed) when season 4 finishes :cry: I can barely survive a week without watching it.
  • Options
    newda898newda898 Posts: 5,466
    Forum Member

Sorry, completely off topic, but it'll bug me otherwise.

How the hell do you remember how many o's there are in your username??? :eek::p
  • Options
    newda898newda898 Posts: 5,466
    Forum Member
    invisi post
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 259
    Forum Member
    I was and am still gutted Ashes To Ashes ended only because Alex Drake was one of my favourite tv characters out of any programme I have watched. I miss the character more than the show tbh.

Still love Spooks but these past two series have been beyond underwhelming. Hope S10 improves and I still hope Zoe Reynolds makes a come back! (Yeah I may bs a Keeley Hawes fan!)

Huge Formula One fan so I always know I'll have something every year tbh.
  • Options
    GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    J-J wrote: »
    Not so much upset but i miss The Wire

That's what I was going to post.

When I watched an episode, the episode were always over too quickly. And because I'd always become so engrossed, it was always a surprise when they did end.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    That's what I was going to post.

When I watched an episode, the episode were always over too quickly. And because I'd always become so engrossed, it was always a surprise when they did end.

Yep exactly it was a great series, just knew how to keep viewers glued with some of the shock deaths in it !

Another series which i loved, but it did go down hill towards the end Boston Legal, some of the episodes in this made me laugh so hard and i am gutted that it got cancelled.
  • Options
    angelafisherangelafisher Posts: 4,150
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love all the CSI programmes so look forward to a new series when it's going to start, but I am slightly miffed when a series in the states gets cancelled, the series ends on a cliffhanger and nothing is sorted out. Hubby got into Reaper, cliffhanger ending, series cancelled!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love all the CSI programmes so look forward to a new series when it's going to start, but I am slightly miffed when a series in the states gets cancelled, the series ends on a cliffhanger and nothing is sorted out. Hubby got into Reaper, cliffhanger ending, series cancelled![/QUOTE]

ye thats bad, they sometimes release things like that on DVD dont they? The ending i mean.

I have tried to get into CSI but there are so many different ones i just got confued and my sky plus box full so i deleted the lot :D

Which CSI in your opinion is best? or which ones are still running?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I lways miss The Apprentice when its over.

And I used to miss I'm a Celeb until last year when they engineered the win. As long as the producers bog off and leave the format to happen, I may miss it again.

I'm going to watch it this year to see if they have reviewed their decision to manipulate and edit in favour of someone who works for itv and/or has a cookery book out at christmas. If its another sham, off button, permanently.
  • Options
    avidreaderavidreader Posts: 932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I never get too upset over a show finishing. I don't watch an awful lot of drama, but I did thoroughly enjoy Downton Abbey, and was a bit sad to see that end (roll on series 2).
  • Options
    SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think 'upset' is the word for the end of a television programme, but it's always disappointing when a show you enjoy each week comes to the end of its current series - for me it would be Top Gear or indeed, New Tricks, which finishes this week.