Secret Eaters..8pm..Ch4..

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought that woman was dunking a burger patty in a cup of tea for a moment then.
  • guernseysnailguernseysnail Posts: 18,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looks like there will be some secret eating going on in the bathroom - no camera there!
  • BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm recording this :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm recording this :)

Hey BG...It's quite interesting.
  • BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hey BG...It's quite interesting.

I saw from the trailors it looked good. Unfortunateley I've got some work to do so hence I recorded it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I saw from the trailors it looked good. Unfortunateley I've got some work to do so hence I recorded it.

Jill is a secret snacker..Just like me!
  • pianofortepianoforte Posts: 630
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thank god for the huge recap after each ad break, I forget what happened 3 minutes previously.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jill is a secret snacker..Just like me!

Secret snacker be jiggered? ....... Jill's like a bloody locust. :)
  • mazzy50mazzy50 Posts: 13,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Secret snacker be jiggered? ....... Jill's like a bloody locust. :)

:D:D:D

It's the wide-eyed shocked look as if they can't remember shoving all that gunk in their mouths that gets me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mazzy50 wrote: »
    :D:D:D

It's the wide-eyed shocked look as if they can't remember shoving all that gunk in their mouths that gets me.

LOL!!! :D
    I know.

Her brother, eating such huge meals after midnight is making me lol too. :D:D
    He genuinely is baffled why he's gaining weight!!!!! :D:D:D
  • sarahj1986sarahj1986 Posts: 11,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Flipping heck they really are overeating!! Surely you remember what you eat?!?!
  • AtlanticAtlantic Posts: 936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another one of those Channel 4 programmes where 30 minute content is padded to last an hour.

Do we really need a five minute recap of what happened earlier in the same programme every time an ad break ends?
  • alternatealternate Posts: 8,110
    Forum Member
    So tubby eats a big plate of chips and the rest for dinner at midnight every night and he needs 10 grand of secret cameras to tell him why he isn't losing weight ?

Secret Halfwits more like.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I enjoyed the programme...but it's 1/6..what more can they show?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 109
    Forum Member
    I hate when they talk crap on these shows. Meal Frequency and time of eating do not effect metabolism or weight gain, its simple rules of Thermodynamics - If you eat more calories within a 24 hour period than you burn, you will gain wait :) simple.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 343
    Forum Member
    The girl reminds me of Marjory Dawes off Little Britain.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 310
    Forum Member
    This just seemed like a big waste of time to me. At least supersize vs superskinny does something and tries to educate. With this it was just two people eating a lot of wondering why they got fat. Although, I'm going to assume they knew why, considering what and how much they were eating...

The only thing that really annoyed me was when the presenter told us that we should weigh ourselves every day if we are wondering why we are gaining weight or whatever. This is terrible advice as our bodies can gain/lose a few pounds per day due to water retention and even not going for a number 2 that day. It's best to weigh yourself once a week at the same time each week.
  • amyawakeamyawake Posts: 7,846
    Forum Member
    Just how many times did we see those camera come out of their boxes? Tedious - kept reshowing bits we'd already seen and glossed over what they ate to make them healthy. Also didn't catch how long they did it for before the end sequence.
    Really, it could have focused longer on the solution. Disappointed. :(
  • LaineyTLaineyT Posts: 6,392
    Forum Member
    pianoforte wrote: »
    Thank god for the huge recap after each ad break, I forget what happened 3 minutes previously.

That really got my husband moaning about the program. It seemed like every 10 mins they went back to the start how many times did we need to see the list of things they bought from the take away.

It could have been a 30 min program if they had taken out all the repeats
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    I found it very frustrating that there was absolutely no mention of exercise at all especially as it seemed that they spent pretty much all of their time eating in front of the TV! Incredible how people can eat so much utter rubbish and have no idea why they are putting on weight!
  • MrsWatermelonMrsWatermelon Posts: 3,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sarahj1986 wrote: »
    Flipping heck they really are overeating!! Surely you remember what you eat?!?!

The whole point of the episode was that we don't remember. There have been studies on this besides the one mentioned in the programme. If you ask someone to write down what they ate the day before they will inevitably miss out some snacks or underestimate portion sizes, and even if they do remember they think they took in less calories than they did.
    Atlantic wrote: »
    Another one of those Channel 4 programmes where 30 minute content is padded to last an hour.

Do we really need a five minute recap of what happened earlier in the same programme every time an ad break ends?

Yes, that was annoying.
    chrisc7738 wrote: »
    I hate when they talk crap on these shows. Meal Frequency and time of eating do not effect metabolism or weight gain, its simple rules of Thermodynamics - If you eat more calories within a 24 hour period than you burn, you will gain wait :) simple.

Meal frequency does affect metabolism, that isn't crap. And they said on the show that the time is irrelevant.
    chinchon73 wrote: »
    The girl reminds me of Marjory Dawes off Little Britain.

I thought that!
  • pianofortepianoforte Posts: 630
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    the man looked like he had lost a bit of weight but the woman looked exactly the same.

The popcorn experiment was interesting but anyone who buys popcorn at the cinema will eat it all no matter which hand they use as it is usually more expensive than caviar!
  • MissyAnnMissyAnn Posts: 708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Secret Eaters, those two were in denial. How can you go on national tv and say what they said looking as large as they were! Your overweight because you either eat too much or too much of the wrong things! And to say they didn't know, I find that hard to believe when there so many tv programmes about losing weight, "You are What We Eat" , Super size Super Skinny, Biggest Loser UK/USA etc. I thought they look really embrassed when they were shown what they ate and how much, very sheepish! However, when they had been given a meal plan the brother look significantly different, he lost quite a bit of weight around his face.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 310
    Forum Member
    Meal frequency does affect metabolism, that isn't crap. And they said on the show that the time is irrelevant.

Meal frequency does not relate to metabolism. Eating more frequently per day won't magically make your body burn more calories. The only thing you need to worry about is the total amount of calories consumed per day.
  • clara28clara28 Posts: 1,520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I hate to be the dissenter but I think the focus on calories is all wrong. High protein, low carb is the way to go. I'm not saying do the Atkins diet as that involves way too much saturated fat but if you cut out bread, pasta, rice and you'll see a big difference.

Places like Slimming World that say you can eat as much pasta as you want.....WRONG.