Options

BBC2 now

kate1kate1 Posts: 347
Forum Member
Anyone watching the Olympic mens skating on at the moment? It seems as if Robin Cousins, has a flea in his ear about Evgeni Plushenko....I sense a bit of jealousy

Comments

• Options
    Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm watching it now. Seems this lot have a long way to go to match the likes of Todd, Joe and Andi Peters :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ha ha, not joking the last dancing couple or the one before had trouble getting into a lift that you see on DOI every week. That was a bit strange, just an observation
  • Options
    yellowlabbieyellowlabbie Posts: 59,081
    Forum Member
    kate1 wrote: »
    Anyone watching the Olympic mens skating on at the moment? It seems as if Robin Cousins, has a flea in his ear about Evgeni Plushenko....I sense a bit of jealousy

I agreed with Robin, I love Plushenko, he's a legend but he was overmarked.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I dont think he was, i just detected jealousy from Robin Evgeni, is an unbelievable skater - above the norm
  • Options
    yellowlabbieyellowlabbie Posts: 59,081
    Forum Member
    I dont think he was, i just detected jealousy from Robin Evgeni, is an unbelievable skater - above the norm

Oh I agree about Evgeni, he is unbelievable but the Canadian guy did 2 quads and Robin wasn't the only one who disagreed with the scores. He was marked on who he was, not what he did.
  • Options
    CombatHamsterCombatHamster Posts: 2,470
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

There is no doubt Plushenko is a great performer but his component scores were definitely overmarked tonight. Robin's commentary tends to be quite bitchy in general though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yea I detected a distinct bitchiness - like I wish I could have done that
  • Options
    wazzyboywazzyboy Posts: 13,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Plushy performs with every fibre of his being, but he' s older now and the youngsters have the march on him in terms of stamina.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yep Wazzy
  • Options
    *Sparkle**Sparkle* Posts: 10,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was really good, but no gondola is disappointing.

I'm also missing the VTs with the contestants stressing about whether or not the move will work, and I'm missing the insight from their mum/child/dog about.

I'm also uncertain as to whether or not the skaters had fun, or brought it to the rink. How am I supposed to know who to vote for? :confused:
  • Options
    hopscotch23hopscotch23 Posts: 455
    Forum Member
    Watching the team skating today too and my 12 yr old son asked when we could ring up and vote!