Soap stars you've spotted in the most unexpected of places

boogie woogieboogie woogie Posts: 16,297
Forum Member
✭✭
The thread title is as it suggests. I remember seeing Shirley Stelfox pop in the film '1984' as a prostitute. It was a minor role but I remember being quite shocked when she lifted her skirt to reveal she was going commando! I was young at the time and all I could think was "that's Edna from Emmerdale with no knickers on!"

Another one that surprised me was Patrick Mower (Rodney Blackstock) popping up- as either Edgar or Edmund- in a dodgy and cheap BBC version of 'King Lear.' We were studying it in school at the time and we watched it on VHS laughing at the floppy swords and shaky sets- memories!

Tonight I rewatched 'Red Riding 1983' and was surprised to see Corrie's Catherine Tyldesley pop up in a minor role as the girlfriend of a young man framed for the murder of a young girl. She was a brunette at the time so it didn't spring to my attention the first time I saw it.

Comments

• priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Peter and Deano in my bed, usually it's just me on my lonesome :p
  • boogie woogieboogie woogie Posts: 16,297
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You wish!
  • Cuddly_CatCuddly_Cat Posts: 2,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Connor Mcintyre aka Phelan from Coronation Street was in Wire In The Blood. He was a baddie in the detective drama.
  • pumpkinlattes33pumpkinlattes33 Posts: 8,326
    Forum Member
    A teenage Jake Wood (Max Branning) in Inspector Morse as a boy that worked for a driving school.
  • Marcus_SmithMarcus_Smith Posts: 3,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jason Merrells in queer as folk his character also has a scene in an episode of queer as folk where his character says something about who the hell watchs emmerdale his character I watched it once had to switch it off 😂
  • KellerKeller Posts: 5,970
    Forum Member
    Jake Wood (Max, EastEnders) as bad boy gun shot victim in Casualty who also happened to be in a secret gay relationship with his best friend!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I once spotted Tina in Corrie actually serving behind the bar and not loitering in the smoking area.

I swear I also saw Laurel in Emmy actually at work in the factory recently, although I might well have dreamt that one.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Charlie wernham in school of comedy- aged 11ish
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One time I came home to find Rachel Bright baking in my kitchen .

All she had on was a pair of slippers
    An unexpected treat :D
  • Charley Says...Charley Says... Posts: 1,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw Sarah Platt from CS boarding a budget airline Jet2 plane one year...
    Maybe it was going to Milan... :confused:
  • Seany101Seany101 Posts: 206
    Forum Member
    Peggy mitchell in lanzarote buying blue wkd from the supermarket she was so happy with her trolley full
  • Paul WilsonPaul Wilson Posts: 5,108
    Forum Member
    Im sure theres a really dodgy 80's advert doing the rounds of the internet with Jake Wood - with hair! - playing Patsy Palmers little brother.
    Also Rudolph Walker in the very first episode of Mr Bean.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cuddly_Cat wrote: »
    Connor Mcintyre aka Phelan from Coronation Street was in Wire In The Blood. He was a baddie in the detective drama.

That episode was actually on ITV3 last night! Him and Owen Puleston Davies (Owen) also worked together on another TV drama years ago. Davies spoke about it lately by saying that back then it was late night pints, whereas now it's social lunches!
  • Ozboz3Ozboz3 Posts: 1,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When I was a kid I saw Ricky Butcher(Sid Owen) going into my local M&S
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I met Ian Reddington (Corrie's Vernon) in a bar in Edinburgh once. I also spotted Charlie Hardwick (ED's Val) crossing Lothian Road one day with some gal pals.
  • Brummie Girl Brummie Girl Posts: 22,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im sure theres a really dodgy 80's advert doing the rounds of the internet with Jake Wood - with hair! - playing Patsy Palmers little brother.

It was from 1992 and it was a BT Advert http://youtu.be/UkJ-AjHa9p4

Patsy was also in a late 80s Clearasil advert http://youtu.be/ukjxQ1JrrTw
  • J-BJ-B Posts: 18,597
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I sell certain goods *FOR PERSONAL USE* to Michael le Vell and Lucy Beale.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 199
    Forum Member
    Jake Wood and Ricky Grover being psychotic criminals in Red Dwarf in the mid 90's
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jake Wood in Only Fools and Horses!!
  • Kazz64Kazz64 Posts: 432
    Forum Member
    Sue Tully (Michelle Fowler) in the ladies at Highbury Stadium.
  • starry_runestarry_rune Posts: 9,006
    Forum Member
    The woman who played Isobelle in Take The High Road (she was also in River City) was wandering around a nearby garden centre a few years ago. It was before she appeared in river city but I recognised her straight away.
  • Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I saw Marlon Dingle in Meadowhall.

My friend saw Liz McDonald in Selfridges in Manchester and she tried to shove in the queue quoting those immortal words "Don't you know who I am"? :D

My girlfriend saw Antony Cotton when she went to the opening of a spa. She was having her hair done and he came over to chat, and he was (she says) exactly like Shaun on Corrie.
  • scarlet8715scarlet8715 Posts: 977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My sister and I walked past Adam Woodyatt in Seaworld, Florida about 10 years ago. He was wearing a Liverpool shirt.
  • Wee TinkersWee Tinkers Posts: 12,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Think the girl who played Kirsty in ee is in The Bible now. Playing Delilah. On freeview ch 31. Odd.

Edit - yep, quick google search confirms it was indeed her. Sat watching it now and there's another familiar face. When some bloke off casuality pops up in a temple it makes Kirsty's appearance with Samson less peculiar.
  • loopilouloopilou Posts: 711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My brother is currently doing a drama course with Cheryl ferguson aka heather trott EE watching the performance tonight went last week she is very down to earth