Options

Film 2014

scoobiesnacksscoobiesnacks Posts: 3,055
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Anyone heard how they are going to do Film 2014? Claudia's daughter is in hospital, its confirmed she will pull out of Strictly this weekend again already. I wonder if they will pull the new series?

Comments

• Options
    pete137pete137 Posts: 18,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They wont pull the series, its not her show. There will be back ups in place if she ever misses a program and this will be no different.
  • Options
    StrakerStraker Posts: 79,659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe they`ll take the opportunity to get somebody who knows the first thing about movies instead?
  • Options
    The_BonoboThe_Bonobo Posts: 5,649
    Forum Member
    Surely they couldn't pull the show when deals have to be made with the film companies
    and previews etc. need to be done as films are being released.

Even Danny could present with help from the other reviewers who contribute.

Regardless, hopefully her daughter recovers soon.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They tweeted 5 hours ago so it's going ahead. I wonder who will do it. Return of J. Ross ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Antonia Quirke, Danny and some other bloke who`s done it before but I missed the name.
  • Options
    Zidane82Zidane82 Posts: 6,899
    Forum Member
    Straker wrote: »
    Maybe they`ll take the opportunity to get somebody who knows the first thing about movies instead?

So very true. Hopefully they will also be likeable as not so flaming annoying , as well.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Antonia Quirke for me made for a better host than Claudia.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe but they managed to give away a huge spoiler on the interstellar movie.
  • Options
    PizzatheactionPizzatheaction Posts: 20,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was trying to work out who she was. I thought she was Emma Forbes. :blush:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The couch she sits on would`ve made a better host but yes, Quirke knew her onions and delivered the best edition of the show since Ross left.
  • Options
    FrostyJimFrostyJim Posts: 3,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The couch she sits on would`ve made a better host but yes, Quirke knew her onions and delivered the best edition of the show since Ross left.

She did well and I normally really dislike her when she's on as a critic, so well done Antonia, she was really "bouncy" at the start of the show though lol.

The Interstellar spoiler was incredibly unprofessional as well.
  • Options
    dodradedodrade Posts: 23,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Far better, never understood why Claudia got the job in the first place as then they had to bring in Danny as a proper critic to make sense.

Pretty annoyed about the Interstellar spoiler as well, is it still live?
  • Options
    ffa1ffa1 Posts: 2,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe but they managed to give away a huge spoiler on the interstellar movie.

I know. I couldn't believe they broadcast that (presumably it doesn't go out live.)

Won't be watching the film now.
  • Options
    FrostyJimFrostyJim Posts: 3,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ffa1 wrote: »
    I know. I couldn't believe they broadcast that (presumably it doesn't go out live.)

Won't be watching the film now.

I thought it was live, don't they say so at the start of every episode.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought during previous episodes you could contact the show - email, tweet...
  • Options
    Brummie Girl Brummie Girl Posts: 22,700
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is live, she said so at the start of the show as she asked people to contact them during the show
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah sorry, I didn't know it was live. I very rarely watch it and missed the start.
  • Options
    bluefbbluefb Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was dozing off while watching, so missed the Interstellar spoiler, but I agree with others on Antonia, she'd make a far better host than Winklefringe.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bluefb wrote: »
    I was dozing off while watching, so missed the Interstellar spoiler, but I agree with others on Antonia, she'd make a far better host than Winklefringe.

Quite sexy too.
  • Options
    pearlsandplumspearlsandplums Posts: 29,600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I cant stand Antonia, she seems to look down her nose on anything that is a successful film, or from Hollywood (I havent seen this week's so dont know if she has changed her tune). Wasnt she terribly proud of having never seen a pixar movie or something odd like that?
  • Options
    RichmondBlueRichmondBlue Posts: 21,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Claudia, she doesn't pretend to be an expert, she just represents the ordinary movie-going public. With Danny and another guest critic for film buffs, I think it normally works well.
    I didn't like it this week, there were too many "in jokes" between the three of them, some of the references went completely over my head and I like to think that I know a bit about movies.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Claudia, she doesn't pretend to be an expert, she just represents the ordinary movie-going public.

Yeah, the idiot-kind who load up on nachos, gallon buckets of soda, yakking on their phone or texting throughout while their demonic offspring treat the auditorium like a playground.

WE are the "ordinary movie-going public" and whilst that`s fine for forum level discussion, I wouldn`t particularly want to see any of US (me included) fronting the only film show (News Channel Film Review aside) on BBC TV. Being ditzy on panel shows is about the extent of Winkle`s dubious talent and it`s simply staggering to see how far that`s gotten her over the years.
  • Options
    RichmondBlueRichmondBlue Posts: 21,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, the idiot-kind who load up on nachos, gallon buckets of soda, yakking on their phone or texting throughout while their demonic offspring treat the auditorium like a playground.

WE are the "ordinary movie-going public" and whilst that`s fine for forum level discussion, I wouldn`t particularly want to see any of US (me included) fronting the only film show (News Channel Film Review aside) on BBC TV. Being ditzy on panel shows is about the extent of Winkle`s dubious talent and it`s simply staggering to see how far that`s gotten her over the years.

I hate that kind of movie-goer as much as you. But I think it's a bit harsh to put Claudia in that category. I would imagine she's intelligent and well read.
    I never much liked Jonathan Ross, even though I'll admit his film knowledge was superior to that of Claudia. Some of his personal favourite movies were bizarre, so I found it hard to take his opinions too seriously.
    I prefer Kermode and Mayo on 5Live, I don't know why they couldn't switch that over from radio to tv.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hate that kind of movie-goer as much as you. But I think it's a bit harsh to put Claudia in that category. I would imagine she's intelligent and well read.
    I never much liked Jonathan Ross, even though I'll admit his film knowledge was superior to that of Claudia. Some of his personal favourite movies were bizarre, so I found it hard to take his opinions too seriously.
    I prefer Kermode and Mayo on 5Live, I don't know why they couldn't switch that over from radio to tv.

Winkleman would give a Uwe Boll directed movie based on zombie Jews rising from the dead at at concentration camps to eat Nazis called Auschwitched a top review if it had a 20 second shot of a cute albino baby bunny in it. When she starts talking in a high pitched baby's voice or acts like a horny teenager about anything with Clooney, Pitt, Gerard Butler or Chris Pine in it, you can tell she is to Film 2014 what Greg Wallace is to Masterchef; drab tinsel not doing the job well enough.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

She hides it well.