Painful Trapped Wind

teresagreenteresagreen Posts: 16,444
Forum Member
✭✭
I have really painful wind and the bloating is horrible. Does anyone have any remedies?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,807
    Forum Member
    I used to get that, like colic?

My remedy was to take a heaped spoonful of bicarbonate of soda in some warm water.

Stir it & drink it (tastes disgusting)

Wait five minutes, then have a glass of something fizzy, coke or whatever.

Always worked for me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fennel/chammomile/peppermint tea. Any of these should give you some relief.
  • mmcdmmcd Posts: 8,558
    Forum Member
    This ALWAYS works for me. Lie flat on your back with your legs raised and feet flat on the floor like this o_/\_ . within a couple of minutes your trapped wind will start to leave through the natural channels shall we say ;) Give it a try, you have nothing to lose, but your trapped wind. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kneel on your bed, put your forehead on the mattress and your bottom in the air.

It works, just make sure you're alone in the house :D
  • teresagreenteresagreen Posts: 16,444
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm going to try all these one at a time. Thanks.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    and open the windows afterwards parpppppppppppp:o:)
  • LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stickler wrote: »
    Kneel on your bed, put your forehead on the mattress and your bottom in the air.

It works, just make sure you're alone in the house :D

This one, but it's easier on the floor:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm going to try all these one at a time. Thanks.
    If you try to do all of them at the same time, you'll be that involved in your contortions your wind will either disappear without you noticing or you'll become airborne. :D

Seriously though, if I get uncomfortable wind, I just drink a cup of warm water. It always shifts it through one end or the other. :)
  • mirandashellmirandashell Posts: 2,943
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :D

You can also squat down on the floor and then press on your tummy where the wind is. Push downwards and it should start moving towards the 'exit'.
  • ZincubusZincubus Posts: 2,951
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Half a glass of water plus 1/4 teaspoonful of bicard of soda !!

Works 100% for indigestion as well !

Quicker and cheaper than all those retail products.

Tastes pretty bad but sorts the problem out .

I carry some around in a bag with me - hope I don;t get stopped and searched by the police with a bag of white powder in my bag !!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 774
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Warm water with peppermint oil in it is supposed to be helpful....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Zincubus wrote: »
    Half a glass of water plus 1/4 teaspoonful of bicard of soda !!

Works 100% for indigestion as well !

Quicker and cheaper than all those retail products.

Tastes pretty bad but sorts the problem out .

I carry some around in a bag with me - hope I don;t get stopped and searched by the police with a bag of white powder in my bag !!

:D:D:D I have tried some of the acrobatics, and some ground ginger in hot water. it apperarsto be working, and I haven't had to open any windows yet!
  • RussellIanRussellIan Posts: 12,034
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stand up straight, breathe in, stretch your arms upwards, then do a forward stretch to touch your toes and hold it. Subsequent borborygmus and anal eructation is practically guaranteed.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    RussellIan wrote: »
    Stand up straight, breathe in, stretch your arms upwards, then do a forward stretch to touch your toes and hold it. Subsequent borborygmus and anal eructation is practically guaranteed.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: I'll try that as well. Ta.
  • richard craniumrichard cranium Posts: 4,388
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bicarb Of Soda tastes great.

I actually may be addicted to it.
  • HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As well as remedies, you need to be looking at what you are eating.

If you eat a healthy diet and chew your food very well before swallowing it, you will find you seldom get trapped wind.;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Peppermint tea - really strong and leave the bag (or two preferably) in the cup. Also fizzy water seems to help. Have never tried the acrobatics, must give that a go if I get stuck again! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,481
    Forum Member
    mmcd wrote: »
    This ALWAYS works for me. Lie flat on your back with your legs raised and feet flat on the floor like this o_/\_ . within a couple of minutes your trapped wind will start to leave through the natural channels shall we say ;) Give it a try, you have nothing to lose, but your trapped wind. :)

Try not to do this at work or in class :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7
    Forum Member
    Hot water bottle on your tum, whilst lying down..legs raised...enjoy:D
  • hisdogspothisdogspot Posts: 23,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Half a teaspoon of bicarb in warm water is the answer ... as others have said

... it's great for whitening teeth too ( just gently rub a little onto your teeth with a clean cloth ... a lot cheaper, and just as effective as the expensive stuff )
  • mmcdmmcd Posts: 8,558
    Forum Member
    Try not to do this at work or in class :eek:

No, not advisable unless you are working alone :D also make sure you have plenty of ventilation. It does work tho. I don't know how, but thankfully for me it does. :)
  • Roger MoreRoger More Posts: 561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    RussellIan wrote: »
    borborygmus and anal eructation is practically guaranteed.
    round our way we call a FART a FART
  • comnutcomnut Posts: 275
    Forum Member
    eructation??? :eek: :eek: :D I'll have to remember that when I'm around 'polite' people!!! :o:)

'where's the eructation?'.. :D

My solution is lots of 'active' 'live bacteria' yogurt, after your meals!! (even with cereals! :) ) - I would add, that I am a small eater, to keep my weight down!!.. :)

NOTE: it does not have to be 'expensive or fancy' - just look on the label for Bifidobacterium, Lactobacilus acididfilus - most stores have being doing this in 'own brand' so much cheaper!.. :)

Also you can get 'calcium carbonate' chewy tablets, that are very effective for me, if I am out and about.. :)