Options

Photo of Whitney Houston in her Casket

2»

Comments

• Options
    asp746asp746 Posts: 7,286
    Forum Member
    i think its genuine because you can see inside the open lid the word Nippy and musical notes. I certainly dont think she had $500k worth of bling on her - smallish earings & a broach is all i can see.

it's a nice picture - its taken from a respectable distance so it could be doubted it is her but like i said the inscription leads me to think it's genuine.
  • Options
    bridgetbbridgetb Posts: 835
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apparently there are lots of picts of famous dead people in their casket... the one of River Pheonix I did find upsetting though.
  • Options
    gilliedewgilliedew Posts: 7,605
    Forum Member
    I was suprised the family wasnt more upset about it.

The funeral directors said the family didnt want any actions taken because of it, very strange.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gilliedew wrote: »

The funeral directors said the family didnt want any actions taken because of it, very strange.

I think the funeral directors will be hoping that. Whoever took this photograph is violating the privacy of the dead and deserves to go to jail. What can one say of the national enquirer.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why? Its very common in the usa to have open caskets at funerals most people in the USA have probably seen a loved one like that at some point in their lives.

How could you misunderstand the point I was making was the photo being used on the cover of the Nation Enquirer?

I have no opinion on the use of open caskets. I have a very strong opinion on private photographs of such sensitivity being exploited and morbidly seen by just anyone.
  • Options
    asyousayasyousay Posts: 38,838
    Forum Member
    elnombre wrote: »
    People don't care anymore. They think they own people. The concept of dignity is deader than Whitney is.
    gilliedew wrote: »

Well Clearly that means it was somebody in the family who sold It then .

They would of been a lot more upset if it was somebody at the funeral home . And could of sued them .

The fAct they are not doing anything speaks volumes .
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    I remember Princess Grace had an open casket and it was very beautiful. Dont see the problem with it
  • Options
    MistylllMistylll Posts: 35
    Forum Member
    I believe the family probably sold the pictures to help raise money for Bobbi Kristina.

They have also sold the funeral footage.

Source: http://www.contactmusic.com/news/whitney-houston-funeral-footage-sold-to-benefit-stars-daughter_1296153
  • Options
    Rose*~*Rose*~* Posts: 7,008
    Forum Member
    I remember Princess Grace had an open casket and it was very beautiful. Dont see the problem with it
    The open casket is not the problem. It's someone taking a picture (and Whitney's wasn't an open casket, so this was at a private viewing) and selling it to the media that's the problem.
  • Options
    SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bridgetb wrote: »
    Apparently there are lots of picts of famous dead people in their casket... the one of River Pheonix I did find upsetting though.

Yes, that one was doing the rounds at the time. It just didn't resemble how he had looked and was quite disturbing.
  • Options
    sunsetbeachsunsetbeach Posts: 1,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sloopy wrote: »
    Yes, that one was doing the rounds at the time. It just didn't resemble how he had looked and was quite disturbing.

Yes his family don't believe in embalming if i recall so it wasn't very nice.
  • Options
    MoggioMoggio Posts: 4,289
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bridgetb wrote: »

Yes, that is not a nice one.

It has a habit of popping up if you do a picture search of River as well which is unpleasant.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,363
    Forum Member
    jackbell wrote: »
    Genuine of not - it's tacky and sick.
    Indeed tacky and sick., A bit like all the show offs who turned her funeral into a self promoting concert. Doesn't suprise me that a photograph was taken, What sort of people do that?