Roxy and Alfie getting married?! what the hell...

JayPee86JayPee86 Posts: 3,565
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I stopped watching EastEnders not that long ago actually.. It got so bad I realised I was actually slipping into a coma whilst it was on and not paying attention anyway.

But I watched tonights, yes its still crap, but what on earth has happened ?!
Roxy and Alfie are best friends not lovers.
This is scraping the bottom of the barrel to say the least.

Comments

• heart of glassheart of glass Posts: 1,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They won't actually get married, this is all supposed to be the big build up towards Kat and Alfie reuniting. :yawn:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They won't actually get married, this is all supposed to be the big build up towards Kat and Alfie reuniting. :yawn:

Unfortunately.

I agree with the yawn too, not looking forward to this one bit :yawn:
  • Paul WilsonPaul Wilson Posts: 5,108
    Forum Member

Yep. Round 1238545 of the 'publics favourites'. Seriously, is it just us??
  • JayPee86JayPee86 Posts: 3,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Oh for gods sake ! :yawn::yawn:
  • Amazee-DayzeeAmazee-Dayzee Posts: 1,805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are Roxy and Sean even DIVORCED?
  • Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 79,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep. Round 1238545 of the 'publics favourites'. Seriously, is it just us??

Agreed.

And as the previous poster said, isn't Roxy still married to Scumbag Sean?
  • SMIDSYmk2SMIDSYmk2 Posts: 7,799
    Forum Member
    Agreed.

And as the previous poster said, isn't Roxy still married to Scumbag Sean?

No, as with Glenda and Archie a divorce can be granted if one person has been missing or has no contact for more than 2 years.
    So presumably she has already got one or will be gettin g one soon.
  • doormouse1doormouse1 Posts: 5,431
    Forum Member
    Are Roxy and Sean even DIVORCED?

I don't think they are.

I suppose this is going to lead to the usual scene with Roxy about to take her vows - but somehow without having shown her divorce documents - when Sean Slater bursts in, right at the 'just impediment' bit ....

We've already had the incongruity of that botched storyline at Christmas with Max and Tanya's non-wedding.

No registrar would let things go that far without seeing the papers - in this case both Alfie's and Roxy's.

This was really, really poor research last Christmas with the Max fiasco. Let's hope they bother to do better this time if they go down that route.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 390
    Forum Member
    So obviously contrived to have a big DUN DUN DUN reveal at the wedding. I can see Roxy in her wedding dress slapping Alfie and Kat.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jw80 wrote: »
    So obviously contrived to have a big DUN DUN DUN reveal at the wedding. I can see Roxy in her wedding dress slapping Alfie and Kat.

Yup and then she'll probably reveal she's pregnant:rolleyes:
  • Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd find the whole thing more interesting if we all didn't know how the story ends (inevitably at Christmas). Even though I don't really like Alfie and Roxy together, It'd actually be a refreshing change if Alfie actually stuck with her and they were happy.
  • AngelicPrincessAngelicPrincess Posts: 7,434
    Forum Member
    doormouse1 wrote: »
    I don't think they are.

I suppose this is going to lead to the usual scene with Roxy about to take her vows - but somehow without having shown her divorce documents - when Sean Slater bursts in, right at the 'just impediment' bit ....

We've already had the incongruity of that botched storyline at Christmas with Max and Tanya's non-wedding.

No registrar would let things go that far without seeing the papers - in this case both Alfie's and Roxy's.

This was really, really poor research last Christmas with the Max fiasco. Let's hope they bother to do better this time if they go down that route.
    It hasn't been 7 years so how can she divorce him without consent?
    Likewise Janine and Ryan he just disappeared nobody knew where and she then somehow married Michael
  • O-JO-J Posts: 18,805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Love and Warmth at its best! :yawn::yawn::yawn:

Hollyoaks is the best soap for me, they are bound to win again at next year's BSA, they have loads of great shockers planned,

Neighbours is my second best, then EastEnders is my last best!

These days EastEnders doesnt deserve the name EastEnders :D
  • IanMandyIanMandy Posts: 14,893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It hasn't been 7 years so how can she divorce him without consent?
    Likewise Janine and Ryan he just disappeared nobody knew where and she then somehow married Michael

I thought it was only 2 years without contact rather than 7? Because thats how, as someone pointed out, Archie and Glenda divorced.

Though I could be wrong, I don't know much about marital law
  • Michelle JonesMichelle Jones Posts: 5,450
    Forum Member
    benbenalen wrote: »
    Love and Warmth at its best! :yawn::yawn::yawn:

Hollyoaks is the best soap for me, they are bound to win again at next year's BSA, they have loads of great shockers planned,

Neighbours is my second best, then EastEnders is my last best!

These days EastEnders doesnt deserve the name EastEnders :D

Aww you beat me to the love and warmth bit:D! Pmsl

What a crock of shit! As if he'd propose to Roxy within 5 seconds of the divorce going through:yawn:. It's just completely contrived and makes no sense. Oh but then again, it was also 5 seconds after he dumped Kat that he shacked up with Roxy in the first place, so it's been rushed and cobbled together from the start:mad:.

Why oh why does clueless LN keep convincing herself that the viewers want Kat & Alfie back together for the 574th time?? Oh hang on, I've answered my own question there..........it's coz she's clueless:rolleyes::sleep:!
    Forum Member
    IanMandy wrote: »
    I thought it was only 2 years without contact rather than 7? Because thats how, as someone pointed out, Archie and Glenda divorced.

Though I could be wrong, I don't know much about marital law

Its 2 years of separation with consent. Unless your going for a quick divorce but more conditions need to be met with a bare minimum of 6 weeks between nisi and absolute.

Without consent minimum of 5 years and that's when you can find the person to serve them.
    Divorce is not easy.
  • IanMandyIanMandy Posts: 14,893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its 2 years of separation with consent. Unless your going for a quick divorce but more conditions need to be met with a bare minimum of 6 weeks between nisi and absolute.

Without consent minimum of 5 years and that's when you can find the person to serve them.
    Divorce is not easy.

Ahh I see, that makes more sense; thank you:)

BIB: I have always been in two minds about divorce. Sometimes it is absolutely necessary, granted, but the fact its not easy can allow partners to get over their problems and start afresh. Many couples also go on to have very happy marriages too

Of course, this can mean divorces get messy too which is a huge disadvantage
  • Amazee-DayzeeAmazee-Dayzee Posts: 1,805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if Roxy and Sean got a divorce off-screen. Ian and Cindy did it as she was about to marry Nick Holland before it was revealed she tried to whack Ian.

I assume that Janine and Ryan also got a divorce, or if they have to wait a full year, maybe an annulment. I know Mel had to wait a full year to divorce Ian to marry Steve.
  • coolercooler Posts: 13,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Someone wouldn't marry their own granddad. It isn't on.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why wouldn't Roxy marry Alfie?

She's guaranteed half of a classic 1986 Ford Capri just by slipping that ring on.

That's a 'no-brainer' surely??
    Forum Member
    I wonder if Roxy and Sean got a divorce off-screen. Ian and Cindy did it as she was about to marry Nick Holland before it was revealed she tried to whack Ian.

I assume that Janine and Ryan also got a divorce, or if they have to wait a full year, maybe an annulment. I know Mel had to wait a full year to divorce Ian to marry Steve.

Only difference is Ian and Cindy knew were the other one was when they got divorced, likewise Mel.

Janine has no idea where Ryan is. And Roxy has no idea where Sean is. There is no way either could have been divorced in these time frames.
  • vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am hoping that Roxy will leave with Ronnie once Samantha Womack's six month stint is up. If Sam is back filming now (I think she is) then she is probarly going to be on screens until March next year.