Options

Tamera Foster to Stay on X Factor. Show Spokesperson Confirms

Comments

• Options
    _elly001_elly001 Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think that the public might well turn on the press for hounding a 16 year old girl who has had problems, but is trying to do something that will benefit her now.

The public never turned on the press for hounding Katie Waissel, Cher Lloyd, Mischa B or Chris Maloney. None of which had done anything close to physically attacking another human being. I think you've got far too much faith in the public. The whole reality TV show process has completely desensitised a lot of people to the fact that these are real people with real emotions competing.
  • Options
    jerefprdterrajerefprdterra Posts: 30,340
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is her mental state i would be most worried about. An adult would find this extremely difficult to cope with, a teenager will ultimately find this entirely smothering

Exactly, which is why it is completely out of order. No one of that age should be subjected to that sort of treatment from the press, but then i guess they are not worried about anyone's feelings, or what damage it may cause. Shocking really.
  • Options
    Roland MouseRoland Mouse Posts: 9,531
    Forum Member
    Well that covers her drug related issues, now what about the TOTAL FACT that she messed up her audition and sang out of tune?

Why is she allowed to get away with that when no one else is?

*Insert tunbleweed here as no one is going to or be able to answer that, just make pathetic excuses on her behalf. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Exactly, which is why it is completely out of order. No one of that age should be subjected to that sort of treatment from the press, but then i guess they are not worried about anyone's feelings, or what damage it may cause. Shocking really.

Then people that age should not be allowed onto National TV show either then!

Or is it she can do anything and always get given more and more changes and unfairness on the show and unsupported excuses made for her on here? :rolleyes:

Tamera = Nothing applies to her! No one is allowed to comment on her or report anything negative about her because she is Tamera and that is that! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well that covers her drug related issues, now what about the TOTAL FACT that she messed up her audition and sang out of tune?

*Insert tunbleweed here as no one is going to or be able to answer that, just make pathetic excuses on her behalf. :rolleyes:

YAWN.
  • Options
    julie2009julie2009 Posts: 4,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember Jahmene Douglas messed up at bootcamp last year and was still allowed to go through as he had done a brilliant audition.

I don't know how Tamera will get on at bootcamp because one false move this year and she could be out.
    Also she seemed a bit bewildered when she appeared on the stage last week compared to how she fared in the room audition in which she sailed through.

Only time will tell
  • Options
    J05hJ05h Posts: 1,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She deserves a second chance, I am not condoning what she did but I don't have a high opinion of girl who runs to the press it as I assume no further action required why bring it up.

it would be different if it was a continued campaign once incident on boxing day between girls doesn't warrant press time.

apparently she was offending her friend doesn't justify violence but doesn't give people a right to say what they want to people.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think she's just lucky this all of this came out during the early stages of the competition, by the time the live shows start I think most people will have forgotten about it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    YAWN.

Yes, thank you for showing just how rational debate is totally impossible as far as just this contestant is concerned.

Shows that it's nothing but obsessive fan hype without any substance.

Sorry to bore you with reality. You are now free to escape back to fantasy land.

:rolleyes:

THIS is what is wrong with this show and the current music industry. Silly nonsense hyped up without any substance and supported by fantasy lovers who YAWN at the real world.
  • Options
    EvilLlamaThingyEvilLlamaThingy Posts: 6,667
    Forum Member

I really fail to see, other than the possibility that you're trolling (specifically you're trolling jerefprdterra) and want a response, why you're pushing this point so much.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, thank you for showing just how rational debate is totally impossible as far as just this contestant is concerned.

Shows that it's nothing but obsessive fan hype without any substance.

Sorry to bore you with reality. You are now free to escape back to fantasy land.

THIS is what is wrong with this show and the current music industry. Silly nonsense hyped up without any substance and supported by fantasy lovers who YAWN at the real world.

Its simple then. DONT WATCH IT.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I really fail to see, other than the possibility that you're trolling (specifically you're trolling jerefprdterra) and want a response, why you're pushing this point so much.

1. Trolling = No!
    2. Pressing jerefprdterra for a responce? = Absolutely!

As they troll every thread trying to correct and negate everyone who dares to question Tamera being on the show, I feel it's only fair to expect them to back up their defence of her with some facts and reality.

As you have seen, above, all we ever get is "YAWN" type responses (or anything but address the issues concerning Tamera, and then people such as yourself ignoring that and trying to make out it's me who is the troll.

So let's cut through all this rubbish and fan obsession and let's actually debate the fact that Tamera failed in her audition and when she did sing, sang flat. Yet some are acting like she is wonderful when she hasn't sung a note that wasn't flat yet. :rolleyes:

It's all just a small part of the rubbish that is ruining the music industry today. Acts with zero talent who some obsess about like they are Gods. Just when are those people going to face reality and stop dismissing people's post with a "YAWN" and getting their mates to call others "trolls" just for daring to ask a question and expect an answer that they just don't seem to have.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Its simple then. DONT WATCH IT.

No, I will watch the show and comment on it thank you!
    That id the whole point of DS and a point you don't seem to have got yet as that is yet another post you have answered without addressing the post you have quoted in any way at all.
  • Options
    EvilLlamaThingyEvilLlamaThingy Posts: 6,667
    Forum Member
    1. Trolling = No!
    2. Pressing jerefprdterra for a responce? = Absolutely!

As they troll every thread trying to correct and negate everyone who dares to question Tamera being on the show, I feel it's only fair to expect them to back up their defence of her with some facts and reality.

As you have seen, above, all we ever get is "YAWN" type responses (or anything but address the issues concerning Tamera, and then people such as yourself ignoring that and trying to make out it's me who is the troll.

So let's cut through all this rubbish and fan obsession and let's actually debate the fact that Tamera failed in her audition and when she did sing, sang flat. Yet some are acting like she is wonderful when she hasn't sung a note that wasn't flat yet. :rolleyes:

It's all just a small part of the rubbish that is ruining the music industry today. Acts with zero talent who some obsess about like they are Gods. Just when are those people going to face reality and stop dismissing people's post with a "YAWN" and getting their mates to call others "trolls" just for daring to ask a question and expect an answer that they just don't seem to have.

? Never ignored it. I actually agree she sang flat a lot at the arena audition. I just really don't care as much as you do apparently. She didn't have a good audition but she still went through based on whatever the judges saw, and she'll probably end up in the lives. Oh well. There'll be other acts for me to enjoy. Life goes on. etc.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, I will watch the show and comment on it thank you!
    That id the whole point of DS and a point you don't seem to have got yet as that is yet another post you have answered without addressing the post you have quoted in any way at all.

For a start Temera is not my favourite contestant so far anyway. I have found Hannah to be the best singer, and think she will do very well. As for Tamera her audition was far from perfect as was obvious, but there were parts of it where she showed a lot of potential that can be worked on. It's not fair to pass anymore judgement on her until we have seen further performances.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think everyone deserves a second chance - especially when so young - but it confuses me that Emily Nakanda was kicked off the show straight away when the story of her happy slapping emerged yet Tamera is allowed to stay and is being championed by the show. Talk about mixed messages.
  • Options
    EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zora wrote: »
    I think everyone deserves a second chance - especially when so young - but it confuses me that Emily Nakanda was kicked off the show straight away when the story of her happy slapping emerged yet Tamera is allowed to stay and is being championed by the show. Talk about mixed messages.

Arguably the Tamera incident was more serious as Emily didn't even receive a police caution over the "happy slapping" event.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eurostar wrote: »
    Arguably the Tamera incident was more serious as Emily didn't even receive a police caution over the "happy slapping" event.

Its all in the past now anyway, so lets move on. The whole debate is getting truly tiresome. Thank goodness there is another episode tomorrow evening, and people on here can find another contestant to lambast.
  • Options
    Contains NutsContains Nuts Posts: 2,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Going by that article it says Tamera was sticking up for her friend which doesn't equate to bullying in my eyes.
  • Options
    Barry_ClarkeBarry_Clarke Posts: 2,683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Going by that article it says Tamera was sticking up for her friend which doesn't equate to bullying in my eyes.

i have seen kids do far worse and say worse on the school playground!
  • Options
    EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'm not a legal expert, but I believe in that case Tamera could have refused to accept a police caution and insisted they prosecute her instead whereupon she would have the chance to defend herself in front of a magistrate.
  • Options
    annushkaannushka Posts: 3,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eurostar wrote: »
    I'm not a legal expert, but I believe in that case Tamera could have refused to accept a police caution and insisted they prosecute her instead whereupon she would have the chance to defend herself in front of a magistrate.

I agree. This sticking up for her friend sounds like damage control from her team/the X factor team...

Anyway, they seem firmly set on having that girl on the live shows. While it could be that they really believe in her, I am affraid it's more about seeking controversy...
    Let's hope that she doesn't have anything left hidden in her closet because quite a few contestants have gotten hate based on simple allegations, and I don't see why things would be different this year (apart from the fact that she can't even say "it's not true").
  • Options
    gcmacgcmac Posts: 4,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What she did was wrong, but you have to allow people to learn from their mistakes and move on.
    If a 30 year old auditioned and it came out they had bullied someone when they were 15 it would be in their past and people would accept to give them a chance. It's not that far into Tamera's past but she is trying to move on from it. The incident was dealt with by the police. If we can't forgive other's mistakes and allow them to move on with their lives then there would be a lot of people stuck in the past. This is Tamera's chance to make something of her life and show she no longer acts in that way.
    Does this mean a school bully can never change their ways and move forward to do some good? If that's the case they will just go on bullying because they won't be able to see anything better in the future.

The Frankie situation was different because he was taking the drugs at the same time as being a competitor and representing the show. It wasn''t in his past, it was his present and it was right for him to leave the show.

I situations like this should be considered carefully by the producers, but if it is something that has happened in the past and they have faced their punishment they should be able to move forward. It's impossible for the public to be fully aware of every contestants previous circumstances and therefore make an informed judgement of past events.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am in full agrement with you. Excellent post.
  • Options
    DaewosDaewos Posts: 8,345
    Forum Member
    i have seen kids do far worse and say worse on the school playground!
    I am in full agrement with you. Excellent post.

:D The fangirls and fanboys are out in force to defend her. ;)