Kieron Richardson (Ste, Hollyoaks) comes out as gay

KesterKKesterK Posts: 3,485
Forum Member
✭✭✭
During a heart-felt interview with This Morning hosts Holly Willoughby and Phillip Schofield, the actor said he felt "on top of the world" after finally coming.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/soaps/3139149/Oaks-star-Kieron-Im-gay.html
Big thanks to everyone at this morning! Thanks for all your messages glad u support me I was worried but can now breathe x
http://twitter.com/kieronrichardso/status/24560188410

Comments

• go57ukgo57uk Posts: 2,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I couldn't believe it ...... I always assumed he was openly gay, how wrong was I?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,842
    Forum Member
    Wow, so what?

I hate how the media make such a big deal about someone coming out as gay. This is 2010 we're living in, not the Stone Age.
  • KesterKKesterK Posts: 3,485
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    haha, this made me chuckle:
    @dsrealitybites: Dancing On Ice and Hollyoaks actor Kieron Richardson comes out as gay. The biggest shock since Joe McElderry.

http://twitter.com/dsrealitybites/status/24559357311
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 425
    Forum Member
    Well done Kieron on taking the most difficult decision to come out and say he is gay. I wish I was that brave at 20. He was right - we are not living in the dark ages, we are living in the 21st century!

If you don't like it, then tough!
  • GoldenBoy81GoldenBoy81 Posts: 312
    Forum Member
    i came out when i was 19, where's my medal?
  • LucyyculLucyycul Posts: 1,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not really bothered about the whole Gay thing. I think he had come out b4..

He did come accross as a really lovely lad. He is an imspiration to young people being whether gay of straight.
  • stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    I was 16.
  • AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who?

Is that the bloke that plays for Sunderland?
  • anotherlongersanotherlongers Posts: 1,792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I support Sunderland. Are you referring to our Keiran?
  • ravensboroughravensborough Posts: 5,188
    Forum Member
    No! I don't believe it. You'll be telling me Antony Cotton and John Barrowman are gay next!
  • MrIncredibleMrIncredible Posts: 5,034
    Forum Member
    Who is this man?
  • LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I support Sunderland. Are you referring to our Keiran?

No not Rico but apparently he has a namesake who appears in something called "Hollyoaks" so not really famous at all. Amazing what you can learn on Google.
  • AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LostFool wrote: »
    No not Rico but apparently he has a namesake who appears in something called "Hollyoaks" so not really famous at all. Amazing what you can learn on Google.

Far too lazy for that sort of thing, would involve opening a new tab and all sorts.

Anyway well done to the non famous not football playing actor who has come out, probably for some good publicity if the works drying up
  • FlukieFlukie Posts: 40,578
    Forum Member
    go57uk wrote: »
    I couldn't believe it ...... I always assumed he was openly gay, how wrong was I?

I remember about 2 years ago someone saying they saw him in a club kissing blokes. So it's hardly news! :rolleyes:

And who cares? It's more shocking these days when someone comes out as straight!

It always felt odd watching him as Ste being straight, cos it never really looked real! Presumably he's gonna get into a relationship with another gay actor whose joining HO - Scott Neal. The gay relationship for Ste referred to in the article.

EDIT Apparently it's the creepy oddball comic baddie Brendon whose he's gonna have a relationship with. Poor Ste, couldn't they at least have given him someone normal?! Brendon is weird!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,440
    Forum Member
    I watched that and just thought, who cares? Just looking at him I think most people knew. He isn't bursting with testosterone is he?
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good luck to the fella, but this was hardly revelation of the century, was it?!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KesterK wrote: »

lol, I'd have been more surprised if he'd said he was straight.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Flukie wrote: »
    I remember about 2 years ago someone saying they saw him in a club kissing blokes. So it's hardly news! :rolleyes:

And who cares? It's more shocking these days when someone comes out as straight!

It always felt odd watching him as Ste being straight, cos it never really looked real! Presumably he's gonna get into a relationship with another gay actor whose joining HO - Scott Neal. The gay relationship for Ste referred to in the article.

He gets into a relationship with brendan he said it in the interview
  • jill1812jill1812 Posts: 12,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Flukie wrote: »

Scott Neal is straight isn't he? He certainly was in the last interview I read with him. Having said that I've never seen him play a stright man in his entire career.
  • FlukieFlukie Posts: 40,578
    Forum Member
    kezkent wrote: »
    He gets into a relationship with brendan he said it in the interview

I just read that on another thread, which is why I just edited my previous post.
  • FizzbinFizzbin Posts: 36,827
    Forum Member
    i came out when i was 19, where's my medal?

Here - http://img835.imageshack.us/img835/8809/mymedal.jpg
  • Adizzle7Adizzle7 Posts: 58
    Forum Member
    Everyone is saying it was obvious but I had no idea :eek:
    I guess I just assumed he was straight, glad he is able to announce it himself :D
  • dwisemandwiseman Posts: 4,011
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not a big revelation no, but it still needs doing & will help others..so good for Kieron..
  • jrmswfcjrmswfc Posts: 5,644
    Forum Member
    Never heard of him if it isn't the footballer.

I'm still reeling from the bombshell shock announcement that Ricky Martin was gay.