Where can I watch Classic Doctor Who?!

FiregazerFiregazer Posts: 5,888
Forum Member
With the shutting down of Doctor Who Media, I've been left to rot due to withdrawal symptoms - I was halfway through The Sea Devils!

I now cannot find a site or single Doctor Who stories online (preferably TSD) that aren't removed by the BBC or are available in places OTHER than the United States (I know!)

Does anyone know anywhere that contains full stories of the classic series?

Comments

• CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Firegazer wrote: »

Does anyone know anywhere that contains full stories of the classic series?

The DVD's? Or here
  • JAS84JAS84 Posts: 7,430
    Forum Member
    Site Offline

I regret to inform you that Doctor Who Media is shutting down today, after nearly four and a half years.

Yesterday, I had a visit from FACT and BBCWW where I was asked to cease and desist and hand over the domain (or else) so the site has to shut down and the domain needs to be transferred, which will happen at some point either over the weekend or on Monday where a banner will then be displayed. The site itself won't be transferred so all your user details are safe.

The site will be backed up a final time and archived in a single offline location, in case anyone wants any forum posts or similar info. I have also refunded the last few donations since they hadn't been used yet.

Since the domain is being moved, please do not send any emails, if required for whatever reason, to the webmaster email, but rather to drwhomedia@gmail.com.

I'm deeply sorry guys and I thank anyone who has ever helped with the site. I've made some great friends via it as well. I hope the site was of great use to you and I hope this means BBCWW will finally create a proper place to watch Doctor Who instead of leaving it barely dotted around, which was why this place was created in the first place!

So long and thanks for all the fish companions!
    So basically they got caught for piracy. Auntie Beeb must be in clampdown mode - I wish they were targeting the new episodes instead though. The ones that leaked.
  • LyceumLyceum Posts: 3,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't seen any classic Who at all. Only NuWho.

Is classic worth a watch? Or should I just stick to the NuWho I know and love?
  • FiregazerFiregazer Posts: 5,888
    Forum Member
    JAS84 wrote: »
    So basically they got caught for piracy. Auntie Beeb must be in clampdown mode - I wish they were targeting the new episodes instead though. The ones that leaked.

Well, I guess if it was viewer happiness or money, they'd go for the money! Why buy a DVD if you can watch the episode online? That's show business!
  • FIFA1966FIFA1966 Posts: 1,101
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lyceum wrote: »
    I haven't seen any classic Who at all. Only NuWho.

Is classic worth a watch? Or should I just stick to the NuWho I know and love?

The classic series are a must watch, because of the stories, and it'll be worth every second of of your life.
  • WillpurryWillpurry Posts: 2,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dailymotion still has a bit of Classic Who.
  • David WaineDavid Waine Posts: 3,410
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TalkTalk YouView has the Horror Channel. It shows Classic Who episodes in the early evening.
  • bennythedipbennythedip Posts: 2,344
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was flicking through the channels last night and snakedance was on the horror channel. The best thing now is to buy the dvds. There are some bargains to be found now on amazon, hmv and cex. Its good to shop around.
  • radcliffe95radcliffe95 Posts: 4,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Horror Channel
  • LogopolisLogopolis Posts: 3,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://vk.com/page-5742320_26939298 This is a good website. I'm not sure how many episodes it has on, but it has been OK so far for me.

http://www.dailymotion.com/dwrecons This has the recons.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,056
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's loads and loads of Classic Who on the Canadian Netflix library.

Use Moreflicks to see what's out there (http://www.moreflicks.com/titles/tv-series_classic-doctor-who_1963) then sign up to Netflix and get a cheap Unblock Us subscription (http://www.unblock-us.com/19725.html) which, for about £4 a month, lets you use every single Netflix library in the world.

Easy :D
  • NFDIHNFDIH Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    Shame, I can't watch Classic Doctor Who because it don't have subtitles. I'm deaf. You guys lucky. :( I hope in future Horror Channel add subtitles.
  • FIFA1966FIFA1966 Posts: 1,101
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NFDIH wrote: »
    Shame, I can't watch Classic Doctor Who because it don't have subtitles. I'm deaf. You guys lucky. :( I hope in future Horror Channel add subtitles.

What is the problem with buying them on DVD's?
  • Nollaig79Nollaig79 Posts: 1,265
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NFDIH wrote: »

I am the same, I find it hard to watch Doctor Who on Horror Channel because the sound is so low and I am hard of hearing..I need subtitles as well :cry::cry::cry:
  • Nollaig79Nollaig79 Posts: 1,265
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FIFA1966 wrote: »
    What is the problem with buying them on DVD's?

I would buy them on DVD's if I can be sure that there are subtitles on them. Do they have subtitles, do you know?
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nollaig79 wrote: »
    I would buy them on DVD's if I can be sure that there are subtitles on them. Do they have subtitles, do you know?

As far as I'm aware all Dr Who DVD releases have subtitles
  • stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    Nollaig79 wrote: »

I looked at "The Horns Of Nimon" and that had subtitles.

It is also possible to buy the novelisations. They have some on Kindle.
  • smudges dadsmudges dad Posts: 36,989
    Forum Member
    Can anything post Troughton be considered classic?
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can anything post Troughton be considered classic?

Classic is just a generic term for any story from the "old version"