Options

Call of Duty: Black Ops 3

OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
Forum Member
Looks like this year's edition of CoD will be the third game of the Black Ops series of this teaser video has anything to go by

http://youtu.be/RT1xOaXBY5w

The voice asking Mason about the numbers & the III at the end of the video are the numerals of Black Ops font. Full reveal on 26th April

Comments

• Options
    WoodsMonkWoodsMonk Posts: 6,469
    Forum Member
    More Zombies, That is all.
  • Options
    gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just can't being myself to play cod for some reason. We have advanced warfare here and I've never played it.
  • Options
    Super BanditSuper Bandit Posts: 1,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm considering this one. Skipped Advanced Warfare as I thought Ghosts sucked hard. I like Treyarch, so this will probably be a deciding factor on whether I'll carry on with this franchise
  • Options
    hazydayzhazydayz Posts: 6,909
    Forum Member
    Might be too violent for you gilly.
  • Options
    BesterBester Posts: 9,698
    Forum Member
    I'm considering this one. Skipped Advanced Warfare as I thought Ghosts sucked hard. I like Treyarch, so this will probably be a deciding factor on whether I'll carry on with this franchise

Ghosts was better than AW, that's how much AW sucked. Good dodge.

Black Ops 3 - first one was great. Second one started introducing batman suits, robot walkers and stealth cloaks. If this one's like the second one they can f**k off.
  • Options
    QT 3.14QT 3.14 Posts: 1,771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Different year, same old shit.
  • Options
    HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really enjoyed Black Ops 1 but thought Black Ops2 was bloody awful, I haven't played a COD game since.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hotbird wrote: »
    I really enjoyed Black Ops 1 but thought Black Ops2 was bloody awful, I haven't played a COD game since.

You lucky lucky SOB! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hazydayz wrote: »
    Might be too violent for you gilly.

I've never settled on cod since original black ops. Used to love s&d. I play battlefield now and it's more can't motivate myself to going back and even trying it.
  • Options
    ags_ruleags_rule Posts: 19,643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Black Ops II is my favourite COD title. Gave up on MW3, didn't play Ghosts, and Advanced Warfare is nothing more than an average shooter.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't like Blops 2. Enjoyed Blops 1 though. Gave up on Ghosts about halfway through as I found it quite boring. Only played 2 or 3 missions on AW and just never went back to it.
  • Options
    OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    Absolutely love the original Black Ops multiplayer, my best of the COD series. Blops 2 multiplayer was decent but they've all got progressive worse since the original Blops, especially Ghosts and the abomination that was AW.

Wasn't a big follower of the Blops storyline so not fussed about this game that way but I'll be looking on with interest in how the multiplayer is. Hopefully they don't continue down the futuristic pish & they sort out S&D as that was ruined in AW.
  • Options
    YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    But Activision doesn't care about how many of you didn't like Ghosts or AW or whichever. You still bought them after not liking the previous ones.

At E3 Microsoft will show a new trailer featuring something shiny like an actor for the single player campaign, or a new jumping / shooting / reloading mechanic for multiplayer and you'll all pre order it. There might also be a pre order incentive like you'll get to play the game two days early this year, or you'll get a new scope.
  • Options
    MsLurkerMsLurker Posts: 1,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked Black Ops story and multiplayer. Black Ops I didn't care for the campaign but still liked the multi.
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I prefer BattleField now. BF3 is great, I love the large distances, especially when sniping. There is nothing better than getting a head shot from one of the cranes on Operation Firestorm to someone on one of the mountains.

Also using the tanks or helicopters is great fun.

I got so tired of being called a 'camper' just for sniping from one place. I'm a sniper FFS you idiots, that's what snipers do.

Yet there were plenty of gimps quick scoping, which takes no skill whats so ever.
  • Options
    MC_SatanMC_Satan Posts: 26,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not interested in it. I say that every year and end up getting it. AW was bloody awful. Looked nice but was a really poor game. Even Ghosts was better.
  • Options
    Alan1981Alan1981 Posts: 5,416
    Forum Member
    Ah blops 2. People hiding in buildings with shock charges bouncing betties, and trophy systems. It has to be one of the biggest camp fests of recent times.

I was hoping for a return to ww2. This futuristic crap is not for me.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Black ops 2 was my favourite Call of Duty yet it felt like I was playing a Michael Bay film, the online was my favourite, it's still the CoD I've done the most prestiges in

Ghosts was easily the worst Call of Duty, the plot was awful and boring, the action felt like a greatest hits of the set pieces so far in the series and I could never get into the online at all

Advanced Warfare was an improvement but never quite reached the heights of Black ops 2

I'm really looking forward to this one, ever since Ghosts launched I've been waiting for the next treyarch game, hoping for and expecting it to be BO3 and now that it's be revealed I can't wait for the trailer :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Black Ops 2 gets a pass as it was the last CoD game that was actually half-decent.

That being said, most of what's wrong with the last few games can be traced back to that one. Although you had shock charges, mines and such, staying stationary for too long was actually pretty difficult. I like to play a balanced game - find a spot, kill a few, move on etc. I don't like sitting in one spot for the entire game, cos what's the point, and I don't really like running around like a headless chicken for the entire game either. Sadly, BlOp2 is where they really overcompensated and skewed everything towards run and gun - everything since then, Ghosts, AW, has been exactly the same if not even more so. CoD has always been more arcadey than BF, but it's now gone way too far. Every game is frenetic, pretty much for the entire duration of the round. News just in - F**k that sh*t.

Also the slippery slope started with the futuristic cr*p.

I wouldn't mind them going back to either WWII or actual 'modern' warfare, but this slant towards futuristic/advanced b*llocks is just ruining it. If I want stealth suits then I'll go play Halo. If I want jetpacks then I'll go play Titanfall. Both much better games at what they do than what CoD is trying to do.

Sadly, it's unlikely that they'll pull back from what they're doing now. WWII? No chance. Very limited scope for massively overpowered kill streak rewards and perks. I mean, look at WaW, they struggled to think of stuff to the point of having DOGS as rewards! :D

They should really go back to a multi-year development cycle with just one developer, at this point, preferably, 3arc. Infinity Ward for all intents and purposes are gone - they're a completely different outfit now and in no way, shape or form match up to the team that West and Zampella led. Equally, Sledgehammer, sorry, you had your chance but completely screwed the pooch with AW, I really wouldn't give them another chance.

But hey, Activi$ion. Chances of doing the right thing?.....Erm.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm wondering if they go back to what we all liked. Ie. Non futuristic shit. Maybe they feel they'll get slated and compared too much to battlefield.

Maybe cod players should give hardline a go. I personally don't like it as it's too run n gun cod like for me. I prefer full scale vehicle battles in proper battlefield.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    gillyallan wrote: »
    I'm wondering if they go back to what we all liked. Ie. Non futuristic shit. Maybe they feel they'll get slated and compared too much to battlefield.

Maybe cod players should give hardline a go. I personally don't like it as it's too run n gun cod like for me. I prefer full scale vehicle battles in proper battlefield.

They won't go back. Just look at how they market the games these days - they're like mini Michael Bay movies. I'm not even sure how they'd go about marketing a WWII game any more.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bester wrote: »
    They won't go back. Just look at how they market the games these days - they're like mini Michael Bay movies. I'm not even sure how they'd go about marketing a WWII game any more.

They could try and do the best of both if they wanted, do a time travel story (at this point it's the only thing they haven't done) start off in the future and then get sent back to an alternate reality WW2
  • Options
    the dourflathe dourfla Posts: 1,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This game will feel good by default thanks to sledgehammer. Even if AW had no exos they still managed to mess everything up you need for a good cod, worst spawns ever, most pathetic hitmarker guns, lag worse than 7 year old cods on inferior systems, unbalanced perk system, forgettable maps and scorestreaks that get no kills.

The other blops games were good so heres hoping at least one of the teams know what they are doing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    thomas2400 wrote: »
    They could try and do the best of both if they wanted, do a time travel story (at this point it's the only thing they haven't done) start off in the future and then get sent back to an alternate reality WW2

Tbh, I do like the alternate history idea. Change things up slightly, not dramatically. Different, but familiar.
    This game will feel good by default thanks to sledgehammer. Even if AW had no exos they still managed to mess everything up you need for a good cod, worst spawns ever, most pathetic hitmarker guns, lag worse than 7 year old cods on inferior systems, unbalanced perk system, forgettable maps and scorestreaks that get no kills.

The other blops games were good so heres hoping at least one of the teams know what they are doing.

3arc is the only reason I'd consider picking this up. They're the only half-decent developer that the franchise has left.
  • Options
    the dourflathe dourfla Posts: 1,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bester wrote: »
    Tbh, I do like the alternate history idea. Change things up slightly, not dramatically. Different, but familiar.

3arc is the only reason I'd consider picking this up. They're the only half-decent developer that the franchise has left.

I only started playing cod when black ops came out so every cod i played after that seemed inferior but the last two have been a joke, its got to the point i would be genuinely happy to see a MW3 remaster.