Options

Leona Lewis I Am Tour - how long before tickets are reduced?

Comments

• Options
    jackoljackol Posts: 7,887
    Forum Member
    TrebleKing wrote: »
    Leona Lewis charging £108 is absolutely f#cking scandalous. Who does she think she is?

You really think an artist sets their own prices?
  • Options
    d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    jackol wrote: »
    Highly unlikely, maybe comfortable but certainly not rich

So £13 million isn't rich? Wow, I wouldn't mind being that "comfortable"
  • Options
    FMKKFMKK Posts: 32,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    d56 wrote: »
    If static is going to #1 on iTunes with an original Christmas song and breaking the record for most top 5's by a female artist in history, I'd happily be static.

How long did she stay at iTunes number one for? It's not exactly a huge achievement to get there for an hour or two after a TV performance and with all the stans buying on mass.

I don't know about the top 5 stat. I assume it refers to the UK charts and refers only to UK females. Even still, it seems surprising.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    FMKK wrote: »
    How long did she stay at iTunes number one for? It's not exactly a huge achievement to get there for an hour or two after a TV performance and with all the stans buying on mass.

I don't know about the top 5 stat. I assume it refers to the UK charts and refers only to UK females. Even still, it seems surprising.

It was #1 for a few days, still kept in the top 5 then back to #2 on Christmas Eve. Surprisingly nobody was downloading the Christmas single One More Sleep on January 13th.

Surprising? Check it out for yourself: http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/pop-shop/5839853/leona-lewis-sets-uk-chart-record
  • Options
    jude007jude007 Posts: 2,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was #1 for a few days, still kept in the top 5 then back to #2 on Christmas Eve. Surprisingly nobody was downloading the Christmas single One More Sleep on January 13th.

Surprising? Check it out for yourself: http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/pop-shop/5839853/leona-lewis-sets-uk-chart-record

I am so glad that I am not a fan of one type of music, group or person.

Dont think I would have time or the Inclination to know all this useless information;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You didn't mention that it was only British females you were referring to in the original post.

A quick google now suggests that Cheryl has surpassed this if you count features as well, with Ellie Goulding closing in.
    jude007 wrote: »

Dont think I would have time or the Inclination to know all this useless information;-)

But My Favourite Is The Best Ever And She's My Queen OMG OMG so obviously I have to be fully armed with chart titbits to prove it!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FMKK wrote: »
    You didn't mention that it was only British females you were referring to in the original post.

But My Favourite Is The Best Ever And She's My Queen OMG OMG so obviously I have to be fully armed with chart titbits to prove it!

Yes you will and shame on you on not knowing lots of useless information regarding Leona. I suggest that you go to your local bookshop and purchase "Leona Lewis for Dummies":cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member

Who said I was a fan of one type of music, group or person?

You have the time to click on an internet forum and find out how much Leona Lewis is charging for concert tickets, I'm sure clicking on another article wouldn't be too straining for you.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes you will and shame on you on not knowing lots of useless information regarding Leona. I suggest that you go to your local bookshop and purchase "Leona Lewis for Dummies":cool:

I may need to. The way her career is going, the info is only going to get more and more obscure. :p
  • Options
    sparkle22sparkle22 Posts: 1,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Leona reminds me of rebbeca ferguson both nice girls who just want to do the occasional tv apperances without having to work that hard.
    Look at demi lovato she doesn't have to come to the UK but does so because she knows she has a big fan base here Leona doesn't care about her career.
    she left it three years to release glassheart during this time sure she could have left syco if she really wanted I do agree a five album deal was stupid.
    I don't think Leona had any choice she spent years trying to make it after leaving school and didn't get anywhere which is why she went in for the x factor.
    anyone else think she is not a great live singer caught some of the hyde park concert on the bbc red button from the other day and it was pretty average.
    Also brought the labriynth dvd and again only thought she sang a few songs well.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who said I was a fan of one type of music, group or person?

You have the time to click on an internet forum and find out how much Leona Lewis is charging for concert tickets, I'm sure clicking on another article wouldn't be too straining for you.

Well I was talking about myself when I wrote that. I don't believe I stated that you weren't.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well I was talking about myself when I wrote that. I don't believe I stated that you weren't.

Of course you was talking about me, when I was the one who provided you with the "useless" information.
  • Options
    deedee1962deedee1962 Posts: 3,137
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sparkle22 wrote: »
    Leona reminds me of rebbeca ferguson both nice girls who just want to do the occasional tv apperances without having to work that hard.
    Look at demi lovato she doesn't have to come to the UK but does so because she knows she has a big fan base here Leona doesn't care about her career.
    she left it three years to release glassheart during this time sure she could have left syco if she really wanted I do agree a five album deal was stupid.
    I don't think Leona had any choice she spent years trying to make it after leaving school and didn't get anywhere which is why she went in for the x factor.
    anyone else think she is not a great live singer caught some of the hyde park concert on the bbc red button from the other day and it was pretty average.
    Also brought the labriynth dvd and again only thought she sang a few songs well.

Leona is one of the best live singers there is, I have seen her loads and she is amazing. She actually sounds better live than studio recorded.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdEQl1Ur1fg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPSk13D_pMc
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Of course you was talking about me, when I was the one who provided you with the "useless" information.

I am going to leave in here.

I am not getting into an argument with you.

If you feel I was in some way getting at you then I apologise.

I am not going to piss people off over someone who in the grand scheme is not that important.
  • Options
    edy10edy10 Posts: 18,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Above and Leona herself. She needs to take a fair amount of the blame. To be honest I think she wanted the success and money without having to really work for it. These days you need to keep yourself in the public eye and I am not talking about doing outrageous things and being in the press.

Also if she was so unhappy with Syco why didnt she go sooner? I know that she was contracted to do five albums (which was stupid in the first place as most sensible people would sign up to maybe three and then she how it goes). Where was her "enpowerment" then why didnt she ask to be brought out of her contract. Her fans keep going on about her millions, so if she wanted a bit of self respect, she could have agreed a buy out figure a few years back and started doing what she wanted. But she didnt and then she moaned about Syco not understanding her.

Good point. I concur.
    She was never the next Mariah. She was terribly overrated from that start and the chicken's have come home to roost.

I knew that but the press at the time THOUGHT otherwise. ...I dont know what's the obsession with naming any newcomer, the next .......
  • Options
    deedee1962deedee1962 Posts: 3,137
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    edy10 wrote: »
    Good point. I concur.

I knew that but the press at the time THOUGHT otherwise. ...I dont know what's the obsession with naming any newcomer, the next .......

Leona is better than Mariah.
  • Options
    TaintedmeatTaintedmeat Posts: 1,228
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her career in music is nearing its end and she should have given up ages ago I imagine her next move will be becoming a member of the panel on loose women.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    edy10 wrote: »
    Good point. I concur.

It's an annoying and lazy press habit that's just as bad as fans being obsessed with who 'the Queen' is of every genre.
  • Options
    MaksonMakson Posts: 30,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her career in music is nearing its end and she should have given up ages ago I imagine her next move will be becoming a member of the panel on loose women.

God no that would be the worst possible career decision for her as that requires personality and opinions.
    I think starring in a west end musical would be very suitable for her.
  • Options
    soulmusicsoulmusic Posts: 2,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You have plenty of time and inclination to slate Leona in every single thread.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    soulmusic wrote: »
    You have plenty of time and inclination to slate Leona in every single thread.

Therefore please read my last comment.

You are perfectly correct and I must thank you for pointing out how much time I am actually wasting "slating leona as you so rightly put it.

I will unfortunately never like leona, but hey ho differences make the world go round and I need to use my time more wisely and deflea the dog:D
  • Options
    spkxspkx Posts: 14,870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jackol wrote: »
    Highly unlikely, maybe comfortable but certainly not rich

Depends what she did with her money when she was raking it in. Investing in property could have left her set for life really
  • Options
    Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It's a true Christmas classic in 20 years it will be held in the same regard as all I want for Christmas. In fact it already is.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    deedee1962 wrote: »
    Leona is one of the best live singers there is, I have seen her loads and she is amazing. She actually sounds better live than studio recorded.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdEQl1Ur1fg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPSk13D_pMc

The best of all time.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    deedee1962 wrote: »
    Leona is better than Mariah.

Of course. I mean she's more successful, has a better range, writes her own songs. Will be remembered for longer.