Options

Being Human: buy or wait for repeat

5hane5hane Posts: 2,385
Forum Member
✭✭✭
(No spoilers please)

Having recently watched 1 to 5 out of the 6 episodes of series 1 on BBCi Player, does anyone here know the likelihood of the remaining series's being televised anytime in the next few months before decide to buy the box set instead?

I was going to try contacting the BBC but the website says something about them not knowing what will be televised further ahead than 10 days.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    xNATILLYxxNATILLYx Posts: 6,509
    Forum Member
    you can get the boxset for around £20-25 these days. its not much money really plus being repeats its not guarenteed they will air the others again also.
    so it might be worth buying the boxset rather than wait - every series is great and if your enjoying the show its a good buy
  • Options
    AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    xNATILLYx wrote: »
    you can get the boxset for around £20-25 these days. its not much money really plus being repeats its not guarenteed they will air the others again also.
    so it might be worth buying the boxset rather than wait - every series is great and if your enjoying the show its a good buy

Is that price the boxset for all the series?
    If so then I think that's very good value.

I started watching the repeats from episode 3 to the finale the other night and it was just as good for me as when I first watched it.

This was a great series, but unsurprisingly they decided to cancel it. I just don't believe that the BBC believe in quality over ratings. I believe that they tend to judge quality based on the ratings a show gets.
  • Options
    MarkynottsMarkynotts Posts: 5,255
    Forum Member
    You can get Being Human on iTunes - a 'box set' of series 1 and 2 is £9.99 and series 3 and 4 as one box is £12.99.

However series 5 is £13.99

A little bit more than the dvd box set I admit.

If you have an Apple TV they will always be there to stream or you can download them to your mac/pc
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks everyone. Sounds like buying is the best option then, especially at that price.
    I didn't realise it was cancelled. Does that mean (without giving anything away please) that it ends with unanswered questions?
  • Options
    pixiebootspixieboots Posts: 3,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dont know any fans who didnt love the final epi, it was brilliant.
    Loved this series and have the box sets myself, well worth the investment imo.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ok, great stuff. I'll buy it :)

Thanks eveyone