Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Umbongo! That was a nice drink for kids. I never see it anymore
  • Options
    FizzbinFizzbin Posts: 36,827
    Forum Member
    Waitrose Prawn & Salmon Tagliatelle.

God knows why they withdrew it.

(I assume they withdrew it, Ocado no longer stock it)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 764
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hmm stuff I haven't seen where I am(I think some stuff is only sold in some areas)

Mountain Dew
    Rizzolo
    Coffee creams(I lie here as I know they are sold individually-never should have been removed from QS)
    Scampi Nic Nacs
    Wispas(haven't seen any yet even after they've been started produced again)

Had a packet of scampi nik naks today... hadn't seen them around for ages before today though.. you can get them in sainsburys.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,526
    Forum Member
    Lucky Charms!! That was the best cereal ever :D You can still buy it in the USA...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,727
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How about sweet peanuts, the slightly toffee flavoured hard candy shell with the lightly salted crushed peanut centre.

They are still available but very difficult to find with the peanut filling now. I was informed by the owner of a traditional sweet shop that manufacturers stopped using the peanut filling due to the risk of allergic reactions.

What kind of idiot is going to eat Sweet PEANUTS of they are aware they have a nut allergy? Certainly someone might be unfortunate and discover they have an allergy while eating one but the same possibility exists if they ate a pack of nuts yet they haven't received a a self imposed ban... :rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,695
    Forum Member
    I used to like Aero's with white chocolate in the middle, they were lovely
  • Options
    swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bachelor's Dried Peas...........

Can't get 'em for love nor money..........I have to walk a mile to a working class supermarket and buy 'Leo' brand dried peas............:mad:
  • Options
    FizzbinFizzbin Posts: 36,827
    Forum Member
    Oh and Knorr Soup in Seconds - the mushroom one.

Just add a pint of boiling water & it was ready - now you have to simmer for 5 minutes.

I can't wait that long!

;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,479
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rabbit, Mutton and Pigs liver. All seem to be rarities in supermarkets these days.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,605
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Realist71 wrote: »
    How about sweet peanuts, the slightly toffee flavoured hard candy shell with the lightly salted crushed peanut centre.

They are still available but very difficult to find with the peanut filling now. I was informed by the owner of a traditional sweet shop that manufacturers stopped using the peanut filling due to the risk of allergic reactions.

What kind of idiot is going to eat Sweet PEANUTS of they are aware they have a nut allergy? Certainly someone might be unfortunate and discover they have an allergy while eating one but the same possibility exists if they ate a pack of nuts yet they haven't received a a self imposed ban... :rolleyes:

Same reason they took the peanut revel out! Stupid.

I remember Tab but don't remember what it tasted like. Good to hear whispa's are coming back! I've not seen one.

I liked lucky charms.

I really liked panda pops, I know they probably still do them but I thnk i'd have to hunt hi n lo!

Nerds, do they still do them? And Dweebs? Without a doubt, favourite sweet of my childhood.

omg... that cheese flavoured popcorn...! I remember that!!! It was really nice! I sell popcorn where I work and someone once asked if we had cheese flavour and when I told my colleagues they thought it was outrageous but I told them i'd had cheese popcorn, they didn't believe me!

oh and starburst joosters, they really WERE the best, don't tell me they are really discontinued?!
  • Options
    jim_ukjim_uk Posts: 13,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    stvn758 wrote: »
    Sainsbury's mild chicken curry.

They changed the recipe one day, it was so lovely, big wedge of soft chicken, sultanas - Then it goes to square chunks cheapo crap.:mad:

I used to like that, when they replaced the chicken with lumps of wood I went right off.

I miss normal crisps, these things made with sunflower oil are horrible. :(
  • Options
    Bad JujuBad Juju Posts: 3,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sweets

Aztec Bars, Mint Cracknell, Ice Breaker, Old Jamaica, Frys Fruit Cream (same as fry's peppermint only with fruit fondant in strawberry, lemon, lime and orange flavour), Pacers (stripey ones), Blobs, Spangles (cola flavour).

Drinks

Cresta - strawberry, Apeel (powdered orange juice that was like sherbert), Lime flavour nesquick, Quatro, Matataki.

Crisps

Ringos, Twists, Cravings.

Anyone remember Golden Nuggets? breakfast cereal, had a picture of a prospector and a mule on the box, they were balls of maize that tasted of buttery honey, yummy! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jim_uk wrote: »
    [snip]

I miss normal crisps, these things made with sunflower oil are horrible. :(

They've done your health the world of good.

If you don't get knocked down by a bus. commit suicide, develop cancer, die from MRSA, or any of the other infinite possibilities that could cause your demise, your heart might at least last you five minutes longer. ;)

Take care and make sure the sacrifice in flavour pays off. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bad Juju wrote: »
    Sweets

Aztec Bars, Mint Cracknell, Ice Breaker, Old Jamaica, Frys Fruit Cream (same as fry's peppermint only with fruit fondant in strawberry, lemon, lime and orange flavour), Pacers (stripey ones), Blobs, Spangles (cola flavour).

Drinks

Cresta - strawberry, Apeel (powdered orange juice that was like sherbert), Lime flavour nesquick, Quatro, Matataki.

Crisps

Anyone remember Golden Nuggets? breakfast cereal, had a picture of a prospector and a mule on the box, they were balls of maize that tasted of buttery honey, yummy! :D

I think you're referring to the Cadbury Old Jamaica, rum and raisin chocolate bar, if so, afaicr, they were forced to at least rename it following objections that it had nothing to do with Jamaica. Not sure what happened beyond that, possibly they decided to just withdraw it. Perhaps another FM can add further info. Think the same fate befell their "Swiss Chalet" bar.

I remember a few of the others you mention too, such as Ringos, twists and Golden Nuggets. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,025
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Horlicks tablets.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,479
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Golden Nuggets. :)

Used to work for the company that made them. stuff putting milk on them, always best straight from the packet.

As for the chocalate bars -I've always found a bigger range in Eire, including things like Rum and Raisen ect.

I only eat healthy thing these days though..
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bad Juju wrote: »
    Sweets

Drinks

Crisps

I'm fairly sure they've brought these back. I used to love them too as a kid. And Ringos - Excellent snack, probably got stopped for having 2 many e-numbers.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Valliz wrote: »
    Horlicks tablets.

I loved Horlicks and ate the tablets quite often for a while, so much so that I eventually sickened myself of them so wasn't too sorry when they were apparently withdrawn. :o:D
  • Options
    Jen-BJen-B Posts: 3,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pie Chart wrote: »
    Nerds, do they still do them? And Dweebs? Without a doubt, favourite sweet of my childhood.!

I used to love them...they were gorgeous - I've not seen them in years though :(

I used to love Sour Skittles too, but I've not seen them in a few years either :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jen-B wrote: »
    [snip...]

I used to love Sour Skittles too, but I've not seen them in a few years either :(

I tried them a couple of times, they weren't kidding when they said they were sour, I used to suck them rather than chew and they became almost unbearable... my jaws were tightly clenched! :eek: :D
  • Options
    Jen-BJen-B Posts: 3,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I tried them a couple of times, they weren't kidding when they said they were sour, I used to suck them rather than chew and they became almost unbearable... my jaws were tightly clenched! :eek: :D

I loved them!! I would put several, or whole bunch of flavours in my mouth at once!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jen-B wrote: »
    I loved them!! I would put several, or whole bunch of flavours in my mouth at once!

lol. I did too :)

They were strangely addictive but they never seemed to be widely available and disappeared as quickly as they surfaced....

Guess they weren't the anticipated success.
  • Options
    Happ HazzardHapp Hazzard Posts: 2,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lemon Polos were really sour as well. They didn't seem to last very long, you could get them in the late 90s.
  • Options
    whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Those crisps you had your own sachet of salt with. :D