Options

Not overly impressed with acheivement in any of the tasks so far

jules1000jules1000 Posts: 10,709
Forum Member
✭✭
Am I the only one who is not impressed with how the tasks are panning out. No one has really excelled in a task, so far they are all just a bit okay. The winning team just about edges it over the losing team.

Comments

• Options
    gcmacgcmac Posts: 4,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I feel like each week its just luck as to which team wins rather than one actually outperforming the other, there's always plenty of mistakes made on each team.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gcmac wrote: »
    Yeah I feel like each week its just luck as to which team wins rather than one actually outperforming the other, there's always plenty of mistakes made on each team.

Exactly and very very few brainstorming ideas. At the beginning when making decisions they all just sit there and rarely well never come up with anything dynamic
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, there's no standout candidate in any of the teams that really drives a win.
  • Options
    floopy123floopy123 Posts: 6,003
    Forum Member
    Some of the tasks seem a bit cheap. Stand on a stall and sell food. I dunno, is Sugar going into the hot dogs stall business? :p

I wonder if the budget for this series has been cut. Dunno, just feels a bit more street based than other series. Could be wrong.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    floopy123 wrote: »
    Some of the tasks seem a bit cheap. Stand on a stall and sell food. I dunno, is Sugar going into the hot dogs stall business? :p

I wonder if the budget for this series has been cut. Dunno, just feels a bit more street based than other series. Could be wrong.

Your are right it is very Street..I think next weeks also looks very streetified.:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Er Bump....:D
  • Options
    ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    floopy123 wrote: »

Getting the vans kitted up would have been quite pricey. Then theres decamping the candidates & film crew to Edinburgh for an overnight. And the hire of kitchens & staff. Overall I don't really think last nights was as cut price as you may think!
  • Options
    slouchingthatchslouchingthatch Posts: 2,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shrike wrote: »
    Getting the vans kitted up would have been quite pricey. Then theres decamping the candidates & film crew to Edinburgh for an overnight. And the hire of kitchens & staff. Overall I don't really think last nights was as cut price as you may think!

Good points. Although if this counts as the 'foreign trip' task for this series, then it could be seen as a money-saver. Mind you, they usually leave the foreign trip until relatively late in the process anyway, don't they? Saves on air fares, I guess.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bad year for the Apprentice. LS is looking tired , Nick is looking tired, Karen is looking tired too. Last night, Karen & Nick did not even say anything interesting. Bad candidates! I haven't even voted favorite candidate in this forum this year.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jules1000 wrote: »
    Exactly and very very few brainstorming ideas. At the beginning when making decisions they all just sit there and rarely well never come up with anything dynamic

I agree with this, the brainstorming sessions seem dia, people either say nothing at all or some bad ideas come out.
    Interesting as Katie was the only one who consistently spoke up with good ideas. IRRC she came us with the concept this week as well as on the previous fitness week. She also came up with tap cosy which although wasn't used was better than the "junior riot shield" idea.

Without Katie if there is another creative task they will have squat.
  • Options
    slouchingthatchslouchingthatch Posts: 2,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    syncage wrote: »
    I agree with this, the brainstorming sessions seem dia, people either say nothing at all or some bad ideas come out.
    Interesting as Katie was the only one who consistently spoke up with good ideas. IRRC she came us with the concept this week as well as on the previous fitness week. She also came up with tap cosy which although wasn't used was better than the "junior riot shield" idea.

Without Katie if there is another creative task they will have squat.

Katie was certainly creative, but many of her ideas didn't seem particularly good. She came up with the idea of the dating class for the fitness task last week, which was awful. The meatballs were definitely her idea, but hardly gourmet. And I didn't much care for the tap cosy idea. Having said that, better to be creative and have 'bad' ideas than be uncreative and have no ideas at all. For all we know she may have had many sensible ideas which were rejected by her team and never shown in the broadcast edit.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good points. Although if this counts as the 'foreign trip' task for this series, then it could be seen as a money-saver. Mind you, they usually leave the foreign trip until relatively late in the process anyway, don't they? Saves on air fares, I guess.
    We're not too far off. They've been to Morocco week seven, France weeks six and eight, Germany week eight... Holland week five, although that was junior; Scotland could well have been their holiday.

Hope not, I like a foreign task. Still beats Margate though.