Options

Hollyoaks: Random, non-sensical, childish Mandy plot

AA2009AA2009 Posts: 8,378
Forum Member
So Mandy just randomly appears again because I guess the actress has a contract where she's in the show for three months, disappears for three months, then returns, even if it makes no sense. She mumbles something to Tony about being back to "help Cindy with the spa." Why, exactly? Doesn't she have a life of her own? A job? A daughter to look after? Why would she just return to Hollyoaks where her ex-husband and dangerous ex-lover Warren live to "help Cindy" when she and Cindy aren't really good friends or anything?

Then THE NEXT EPISODE she's complaing about how horrible it is working for Cindy and wanting revenge. Why not, like, just not work for Cindy? But no, instead she forms an alliance with two students she doesn't know (do 30 year old women generally hang around with students in Halls?) and comes up with a ridiculously elaborate, hazy plan for revenge on Cindy which involves tricking her into buying a painting or something.

She spends FOUR DAYS on this (four times as long as she actually spent working for Cindy by her own choice) in which time Cindy's stupid ****ing dogs have about seven different people looking after them in "comedy" scenes (didn't Bart get the job as Cindy's lackey? It seemed that way on Monday, then he wasn't seen again for the rest of the week.) While this is going on, Duncan starts fancying her despite her really weird looking mouth (what kind of plastic surgery has she had since her last return?) and the fact that there are a dozen fitter girls in The Village. Her scheme against Cindy is finally "successful" when Cindy buys a painting from Duncan for some reason and...well, I'm not sure how this hurts Cindy when she's supposed to be a millionaire, but Mandy and Texas looking happy about it anyway.

Seriously, who writes this crap?

Comments

• Options
    vkmaxvkmax Posts: 3,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is an unfortunate result of "you are contract to 'x' episodes in 'x' time".

Look at Loretta for instance, her storyline got cancelled but she was contracted to appear in a certain amount of episodes so they just had to stick her in random shit like being friends with Holly and looking after a crap dog.

Sarah was signed for six months I believe but had also signed on for panto taking a sizeable break she'll be in loads of episodes doing not much for a while.

I don't know why seeing as they plan stories so far in advance why can't they go "this story is lasting this long so we need you in this number of episodes and we'll throw ten more on so you're doing something else"
  • Options
    Gene HackmanGene Hackman Posts: 174
    Forum Member
    After Duncans dream of Mandy walking towards him, I am smitten with Mandy at the moment!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 115
    Forum Member
    AA2009 wrote: »
    So Mandy just randomly appears again because I guess the actress has a contract where she's in the show for three months, disappears for three months, then returns, even if it makes no sense. She mumbles something to Tony about being back to "help Cindy with the spa." Why, exactly? Doesn't she have a life of her own? A job? A daughter to look after? Why would she just return to Hollyoaks where her ex-husband and dangerous ex-lover Warren live to "help Cindy" when she and Cindy aren't really good friends or anything?

Then THE NEXT EPISODE she's complaing about how horrible it is working for Cindy and wanting revenge. Why not, like, just not work for Cindy? But no, instead she forms an alliance with two students she doesn't know (do 30 year old women generally hang around with students in Halls?) and comes up with a ridiculously elaborate, hazy plan for revenge on Cindy which involves tricking her into buying a painting or something.

She spends FOUR DAYS on this (four times as long as she actually spent working for Cindy by her own choice) in which time Cindy's stupid ****ing dogs have about seven different people looking after them in "comedy" scenes (didn't Bart get the job as Cindy's lackey? It seemed that way on Monday, then he wasn't seen again for the rest of the week.) While this is going on, Duncan starts fancying her despite her really weird looking mouth (what kind of plastic surgery has she had since her last return?) and the fact that there are a dozen fitter girls in The Village. Her scheme against Cindy is finally "successful" when Cindy buys a painting from Duncan for some reason and...well, I'm not sure how this hurts Cindy when she's supposed to be a millionaire, but Mandy and Texas looking happy about it anyway.

Seriously, who writes this crap?

I agree completely! Its like they asked her to come back and then thought "oops, what are we going to do with her?". Her storyline with Warren was a weird one too. But I like Mandy because I'll always remember her amazing storylines during her original stint.
    They should make her friends with Diana, surely they are almost the same age.
  • Options
    mojo5000mojo5000 Posts: 54,086
    Forum Member
    I'm enjoying the stuff with Duncan - think it's quite funny - but the stuff with Cindy is cringeworthy. I think Mandy and Tony obviously work well together so when he comes back properly then they should be put back together again.
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree that the stuff with Mandy is awful at the moment. Actually, most of the 'comedy' and silly storylines are awful bar Lee and Duncan