If the running order had been different?...

StephenHKentStephenHKent Posts: 1,798
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Are there any songs people feel, realistically, might have won or been placed much higher up the final scoreboard, if the had had a better place in the running order,in other words towards the end?
I feel Russia - a song with appeal across the board - could have been top two, and Moldova top 5 with a better draw.
What do others think?!
And...what if we were all hearing the songs for the first time on Saturday night? Would Denmark have won? Who would?!

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,418
    Forum Member
    France would never have won, but I believe they would have at least made it closer to the middle if they had a later draw - even if they played 12th just before Anouk, they still would have had more impact than opening the show.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 422
    Forum Member
    I was surprised Russia scored so highly with the UK, I think if they were in one of the better spots then they probably could've got more points but maybe not enough to win.
    I agree with you about Moldova, too, I think it got lost by the end of the show, definitely my favourite of all their entries and wouldn't have begrudged them a top-5 space.
    Would Finland appearing nearer the end changed anything do you think or were they a lost cause?
  • StephenHKentStephenHKent Posts: 1,798
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Josh! wrote: »
    I was surprised Russia scored so highly with the UK, I think if they were in one of the better spots then they probably could've got more points but maybe not enough to win.
    I agree with you about Moldova, too, I think it got lost by the end of the show, definitely my favourite of all their entries and wouldn't have begrudged them a top-5 space.
    Would Finland appearing nearer the end changed anything do you think or were they a lost cause?

I think Finland was a lost cause. I think Europe considered it too gimmicky to win!
  • LongBallPleaseLongBallPlease Posts: 2,011
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Only Moldova imo, but it didn't score huge in the semi's so who knows.
  • big bro geekbig bro geek Posts: 18,268
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Moldova would have been higher later and Russia top 3 with a later draw