Options

Impact Wrestling on Spike TV

Comments

• Options
    circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    oh tna..sabin? yeh great shock but he is not world champ material, it should have been a notable win for bully ray on his way to BFG

still i guess we should also give props for keeping the product unpredictable
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sabin's win comes across more as a reward for him overcoming some serious injuries and staying loyal to TNA. i fully expect that if Jesse Sorensen ever makes an in-ring comeback, he'll be given the world title as well.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sabin's win comes across more as a reward for him overcoming some serious injuries and staying loyal to TNA. i fully expect that if Jesse Sorensen ever makes an in-ring comeback, he'll be given the world title as well.

ahah

on a serious note,how is that guy doing? hope he makes full recovery
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whedon247 wrote: »
    ahah

on a serious note,how is that guy doing? hope he makes full recovery

Interview with him here - he's working behind the scenes with TNA at the moment, but he does expect to make an in-ring return. It's interesting reading about how Ion reacted as well as they were good friends beforehand but it went a bit weird afterwards.

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2013/0317/561238/jesse-sorensen-on-if-hell-wrestle-again/
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    thanks for that,very interesting interview
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kwynne42 wrote: »
    Most of that match was unpleasant to watch, given that, yet since it was so one sided Sabin was bound to win, that always happens and usually because someone cheated, but then since being hit with a hammer was how Bully won the title in the first place it was always likely to end that way as well the only suprise being it ended the way it did.

It was one of the worst championship matches in TNA history, and there have been some really bad ones over the years.

Bully Ray kicks Sabins ass all over the ring, Sabin wins after putting up zero offence the entire "match"...boring as hell, if I had paid to see that, I would feel cheated.

I only hope for a swift rematch and a new champion, Sabin has zero charisma.
  • Options
    DandemDandem Posts: 13,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Think it would have been better had someone from the Mafia taken the title from Bully Ray. Probably Magnus.

Question is now, does Sabin join the Mafia? Or is 6 too many?
  • Options
    LongBallPleaseLongBallPlease Posts: 2,011
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have to agree, it was nice to give Sabin a title shot but not the title, come on TNA!
    And this constant talking about his knee annoys the crap out of me, you get no extra pain in a repaired knee once you've recovered, in fact it's stronger then the good knee.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A.J Styles should be holding this title, what the hell happened to his push?
  • Options
    Steveaustin316Steveaustin316 Posts: 15,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wouldn't it have made more sense to have the Ulitmate X match on the Destination X show rather than next week's impact?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wouldn't it have made more sense to have the Ulitmate X match on the Destination X show rather than next week's impact?

Yes and the Kurt Angle bit made no sense, no explanation given as to what the hell was going on! The Bobby Roode explosion seemed very Chris Jericho Jan 98, wonder where that'll go?

Starting to lose faith with TNA, A.J Styles' push was great then they gave up and pushed bland Sabin!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fairplay to tna, i dissed the decision(and still not sure its correct) but watching the show was alot different to what i expected

very enjoyable, loved the MEM stuff, straight out of attitude era with kurt angle comandeering the car and driving back to free the rest, TNA need to do more of this

having aries beat roose 1 year on and then give sabin a pep talk was great booking too

and the ending was good even though crowd not into it that much, maybe long term not great idea but no doubting that was a good impact.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was the Kurt Angle bit even explained? I didn't get it!
  • Options
    adams66adams66 Posts: 3,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was the Kurt Angle bit even explained? I didn't get it!

Me neither...
    And I didn't like the way that Sabin took the title. He was simply dragged around the ring by Bully Ray, did nothing impressive at all, then whacked BR on the head with a hammer. Is that really the best way of landing the title? I thought it made Sabin seem incredibly weak and uninspiring.
    Surely leaving Bully as Champ for a bit longer would've been better, and maybe he could have lost the title to someone like AJ at Bound For Glory in what could have been a real belter of a match.
  • Options
    batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why is everyone in the Mafia in suits except for Rampage Jackson?

Surely it would make sense if he were in a suit as well, him not being in one just sticks out horribly.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    adams66 wrote: »
    Me neither...
    And I didn't like the way that Sabin took the title. He was simply dragged around the ring by Bully Ray, did nothing impressive at all, then whacked BR on the head with a hammer. Is that really the best way of landing the title? I thought it made Sabin seem incredibly weak and uninspiring.
    Surely leaving Bully as Champ for a bit longer would've been better, and maybe he could have lost the title to someone like AJ at Bound For Glory in what could have been a real belter of a match.

Also putting the whole Mafia (well minus Kurt anyway) into a locked room, and expecting us to believe that they couldn't, or wouldn't get out, was a bit rubbish really.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why is everyone in the Mafia in suits except for Rampage Jackson?

Surely it would make sense if he were in a suit as well, him not being in one just sticks out horribly.

hes too tough for a suitttttttttttttttttt

but yeh he should really, just doesnt fit his mma character, tough decision for TNA
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Well yes, exactly and that's what I was expecting and to have Destination X without an Ultimate X match and then shifting it to the following week is just rediculous.

For that matter, why have the Knockouts ladder match before Destination X?

TNA has been real hit and miss recently with their PPV events, this one was awful.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whedon247 wrote: »
    hes too tough for a suitttttttttttttttttt

but yeh he should really, just doesnt fit his mma character, tough decision for TNA

Bad decision really to involve him at all, MEM is about champions, not MMA converts who can't even wrestle.
  • Options
    AJ WheelsAJ Wheels Posts: 2,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Old.Tallen wrote: »
    Bad decision really to involve him at all, MEM is about champions, not MMA converts who can't even wrestle.

World champions is the deal with MEM. Soooooooooo, Magnus?
  • Options
    JCRJCR Posts: 24,070
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It's just possible the UFC 205 pound (light heavyweight) title counts as a belt. :eek:;)

Spike are presumably paying him a fortune, it makes little sense not to use him.
  • Options
    Steveaustin316Steveaustin316 Posts: 15,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well yes, exactly and that's what I was expecting and to have Destination X without an Ultimate X match and then shifting it to the following week is just rediculous.

For that matter, why have the Knockouts ladder match before Destination X?

TNA has been real hit and miss recently with their PPV events, this one was awful.

It's a shame they didn't go all out to give the show a big time feel. They didn't even bother changing the ring apron and just used the standard Impact one.

With a few weeks hype for Bully Ray v Sabin, knockouts ladder match and Ultimate X, it could have had a PPV like feel. What we had was just a standard impact episode that just happened to be called Destination X.
  • Options
    DejaVoodooDejaVoodoo Posts: 5,764
    Forum Member

TNA have released Jesse Sorensen today.
  • Options
    SteelEdgeSteelEdge Posts: 6,903
    Forum Member
    DejaVoodoo wrote: »
    TNA have released Jesse Sorensen today.

That's disgusting.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AJ Wheels wrote: »
    World champions is the deal with MEM. Soooooooooo, Magnus?

It is just a face group now, (hence Magnus being involved), rather than what it was previously (a group of champions, and well known older people).