Options

Is BB3 worth watching?

dan_dan_ Posts: 1,950
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I have only seen BB5 onwards and have heard mixed reviews on BB3, some saying it's brilliant and entertaining and some saying it was overrated and rather dull. Shall I bother watching?

I have seen some clips and know of some of the housemates but am interested in watching it in full. My favourite series are BB6 and BB7 though so I do admit to liking the dramatic storylines and big characters over the less controversial series. Is BB3 as eventful as these two series?

So yeah, shall I watch BB3 or give it a miss? Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Options
    InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,792
    Forum Member
    Yes watch it
  • Options
    TheManWhoLaughsTheManWhoLaughs Posts: 7,271
    Forum Member
    Yes, but be prepared for a verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry slow start.

Week 2's good ("If you sprinkle when you tinkle, please be sweet and wipe the seat" :D) and there's an amazing head-to-head early on (which you've probably already been spoiled about), but it's not really a classic series until the second month starts.

Still the best final week ever.
  • Options
    Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, it was incredible!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes watch it for sure
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,150
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Absolutely worth watching. The one to miss is BB4.
  • Options
    dan_dan_ Posts: 1,950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the responses so far. What was so great about it though? For example before I watched BB5 I knew of the group divide and fight night etc. With BB6 I knew that it was full of arguments, the group divide, Craig and Anthony etc.

So what is it about BB3 that makes it stand out so much?
  • Options
    jp761jp761 Posts: 33,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aprilis wrote: »
    Absolutely worth watching. The one to miss is BB4.
    Ray doing his thing in the toilet was a classic BB moment though , the other classic BB4 moment may come to me next year :D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    dan_ wrote: »

- The first ever house divide
    - Jade's journey from hate figure to icon
    - Alex vs Jonny
    - "Comprendez?"
    - The legend that is Sandy, best exit ever :D

It's not as dramatic as BB5/6/7, but you can see the origins of those series and there are a few great characters. You just need to skip past some of the rubbish bits (like anytime Lee, Sophie or Jonny are on-screen).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the responses so far. What was so great about it though? For example before I watched BB5 I knew of the group divide and fight night etc. With BB6 I knew that it was full of arguments, the group divide, Craig and Anthony etc.

Generally they had fun, strong characters and good tasks. My favourite of all time, stayed up all night for weeks to watch the live feed.
  • Options
    TheprodigalTheprodigal Posts: 653
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I think BB3 was the best series of Big Brother. It had great housemates, Jade Goody and Alex Sibley the most entertaining.

It was the last series to have genuine people who were entertaining before it went to the extreme in series 5.
  • Options
    RobRob Posts: 4,171
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a historic series for quite a few reasons. But as somebody else has said, it takes an age to get going. Once it's there though...those hills sing. :D
  • Options
    MrJamesMrJames Posts: 8,127
    Forum Member
    Yes, very much so. Not only is it a great series with great housemates, but it is also a great capture of early noughties Britain.
  • Options
    TheprodigalTheprodigal Posts: 653
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Where can you watch it???
  • Options
    DLS1DLS1 Posts: 2,319
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where can you watch it???

'd like to know too please:)
  • Options
    tigger40tigger40 Posts: 117
    Forum Member
    reading these posts makes me want to watch it again !!
    Alex behind the door "thats the way ahaaha i like it " :D
    Alison dancing on table and it collapsing :D
    Jade and her varukas ect ect
    and best of all we had live feed and they stayed up half the night ..great series :)
  • Options
    big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    its a very good series, better than anything channel five have had to offer
  • Options
    Sun_BeamSun_Beam Posts: 11,600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh yes.... VERY much so!! From start to finish!

Enjoy! ;)
  • Options
    googlebabygooglebaby Posts: 397
    Forum Member
    Brilliant series and the first I watched all the way through - inc LF on with split screen options - I wasted the whole summer glued to the TV. Follow the van, PJ's BJ, Rich and Poor, the HMs playing Fuzzy Duck drunk out of their minds - that was BB at it's best.
  • Options
    googlebabygooglebaby Posts: 397
    Forum Member
    Forgot to add the immortal 'Sandy, be careful' from a very camp sounding Alex as Sandy legged it over the roof!:D
  • Options
    B L ZeebubB L Zeebub Posts: 9,134
    Forum Member
    Sunita was the best HM.
  • Options
    teenage-monkeyteenage-monkey Posts: 2,374
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would say BB2/BB3 are on par with each other the same that BB6/BB7 are. BB3 was pretty much the peak in ratings, but I personally see BB7 as the peak in terms of a series as a whole.

Interestingly enough, the reason we got such a dire season as BB4 was because they felt at the time BB3 went a bit too far, and that they needed to go back to basics. Funny thing is, BB3 is very tame compared to post-BB5.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I would say BB2/BB3 are on par with each other the same that BB6/BB7 are.

Massively disagree there

BB2's my least favourite series by a landslide. The winner's obvious from the start, the showmance is cringey, the evictions are predictable and nothing happens in about 90% of the dailies.

BB3's one of the best and stands up even now. BB2 doesn't hold up without nostalgia. I can't imagine anyone legitimately watching it for the first time after having seen 10+ other series and finding anything engaging about it.
  • Options
    ArcanaArcana Posts: 37,521
    Forum Member
    'Twas the series that got me hooked on BB.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    enjoyed this one, but it was Jade and Alex that spoiled it for me, each to our own, loved the rich and poor side, gosh was it that far back, tasks were a lot better then, none of this elf and safety
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 316
    Forum Member
    I started watching from BB4 and I recently watched BB3 back after not seeing it the 1st time. It's obviously nowhere near as entertaining watching it now as opposed to when it was aired so you will never get anywhere near the same nostalgia as those that watched it when it was actually on.

Over-all I found it just about watchable and managed to see it through to the end, I found on a whole most days were not very interesting or just mildly interesting but then there were like 4 really amazing days from the series which were completely action packed and awesome. I felt like those singular days were some of the very best BB has offered and stood out a mile from the rest of a rather plain series.I can imagine it would have been so much better watching it at the time.