HO - Mercedes maybe spoiler? Contains E4 spoiler

D.DotAD.DotA Posts: 2,281
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Anyone else think Mercedes may be on her way out? I know Jen signed a year contract early this year but with Jacqui and Myra gone and Theresa on her way out anyone think Jen wanted to leave but Kirkwood persuaded her to stay to soften the blow of the McQueens?

As in the E4 episode Mercedes killed Browning (I know not seen for sure but it's obvious) maybe their building up to Mercedes exit?

I have a feeling they are! :(

Shame as I love the character Mercedes and think Jen is a brilliant actress!

But if they are going where I think they are then I'm sure it's going to be a epic exit as they would never let Mercedes go quietly!

Anyone agree?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She won't ever quit. She would have to be axed for her to go.

Everytime Jen signs a contact she always says how easy the decision is to make and how she fears she is going to get axed. I think she will stay for at least 5 more years (Hopefully longer since I love Mercedes)

Also, Theresa is only having a year break so she will be back at the end of 2014/start of 2015
  • Owen19Owen19 Posts: 13,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mercedes could easily stay for another 5 years.
  • RinsewindRinsewind Posts: 7,157
    Forum Member

Everytime Jen signs a contact she always says how easy the decision is to make and how she fears she is going to get axed. I think she will stay for at least 5 more years (Hopefully longer since I love Mercedes)

Also, Theresa is only having a year break so she will be back at the end of 2014/start of 2015

What's the betting she'll be in "Later" 2014?:)
  • mercury01mercury01 Posts: 418
    Forum Member
    Jennifer Metcalfe has it so handy there I can't see why she would leave. Every year she is given more and more to do with bigger and bolder storylines. As an actor you can't ask for more than that. She would be mad to walk away from it. I think she is safe for as long as she herself wants to be there. Mercedes McQueen is a huge part of Hollyoaks if we like it or not
  • D.DotAD.DotA Posts: 2,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I don't think they will dare to axe Mercedes!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rinsewind wrote: »
    What's the betting she'll be in "Later" 2014?:)

That's probably her entrance episode.
  • eaststreetlovereaststreetlover Posts: 608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Theresa is only away for a year? Thought she was gone gone
  • ameewameew Posts: 2,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can see Browning's death being Mercedes's exit storyline. How much more can one character do? Some people talk about Mercedes,like she's essential to Hollyoak's success. If the show can cope with Mitzeee's,Brendan's and Jacqui's departures,then it can definitely cope with Mercedes going.

I thought with Kirkwood bringing in the Roscoes, that they would replace the McQueens as his new pet family.This seems similar to how he axed Claire and is now bringing in her twin as a replacement.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Where did you get this information from? From all the information regarding Theresa leaving it's never mentioned its just for a year? :confused:
  • iMatt_101iMatt_101 Posts: 7,081
    Forum Member
    I don't think she'll be axed any time soon, and I hope she won't quit, but her exit will probably be something to do with Browning's murder.
  • iMatt_101iMatt_101 Posts: 7,081
    Forum Member
    Theresa is only away for a year? Thought she was gone gone
    D.DotA wrote: »
    Where did you get this information from? From all the information regarding Theresa leaving it's never mentioned its just for a year? :confused:
    Yes, when was this ever said? I hope it's true
  • TheJ693TheJ693 Posts: 919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She needs to get her comeuppance. How are we supposed to cheer on someone like her? She knew exactly what she was doing. I feel bad for Cindy.

But i did think it was a fitting end to Dr. Browning's character. I just wish we got a little more background on him.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Deleted
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 213
    Forum Member
    iMatt_101 wrote: »
    Yes, when was this ever said? I hope it's true

It was on hollyoaks twitter, saying it was official Jorgie Porter was taking a break but will be back

@Hollyoaks: Yup, it's official, the amazing @misJORGIEPORTER is taking a break from #Hollyoaks next year. Read more here: http://t.co/h0UI0IWCPn
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A fan tweeted Jen saying 'thank god we still got Mercedes [in HO]' Jen replied by saying' 'But how long for?' :eek:

Looks like I might be onto something here...
  • priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She needs to get her comeuppance.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    priscilla wrote: »
    She needs to get her comeuppance.

I think she just might after reading that tweet!
  • Lucylocket88Lucylocket88 Posts: 5,049
    Forum Member
    D.DotA wrote: »
    A fan tweeted Jen saying 'thank god we still got Mercedes [in HO]' Jen replied by saying' 'But how long for?' :eek:

Looks like I might be onto something here...

So, she could be leaving too? Will there be any McQueens left?:eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So, she could be leaving too? Will there be any McQueens left?:eek:

I have a feeling she might be :cry: there will only be Carmel, John Paul and Nana left!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow I was right! I know it was a year ago, but I actually stand by my first point that she wanted to leave last year and BK asked her to stay to soften the blow of all the McQueens leaving!