Options

2014 BDO Darts Thread

Comments

• Options
    Ginger DaddyGinger Daddy Posts: 8,507
    Forum Member
    That is where you are wrong because as I mentioned above, the last time two world champions played each other was 2011 when Martin Adams played Adrian Lewis at Frimley Greeen.

You are aware they played each other in exhibitions all that year, dont you? That was merely one of them, in fact they played at the Cleveland Arms in Wolverhampton the week AFTER the one you state, as an example.

http://www.pdc-darts.co.uk/competition-win-tickets-to-lewis-vs-adams-in-wolverhampton/

Oh, and the one you are thinking about was at the Circus Tavern, and not Frimley Green. There were numerous other ones as well, its just the Circus Tav people were obviously the best at marketing it as it seems to be the only one people remember, yourself included (evidently!).

We can hardly count matches played in untelevised exhibitions as meaningful matches anyway.
  • Options
    Darren LethemDarren Lethem Posts: 61,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You are aware they played each other in exhibitions all that year, dont you? That was merely one of them, in fact they played at the Cleveland Arms in Wolverhampton the week AFTER the one you state, as an example.

http://www.pdc-darts.co.uk/competition-win-tickets-to-lewis-vs-adams-in-wolverhampton/

Oh, and the one you are thinking about was at the Circus Tavern, and not Frimley Green. There were numerous other ones as well, its just the Circus Tav people were obviously the best at marketing it as it seems to be the only one people remember, yourself included (evidently!).

We can hardly count matches played in untelevised exhibitions as meaningful matches anyway.

You answering a post of mine Bradley ?
  • Options
    Ginger DaddyGinger Daddy Posts: 8,507
    Forum Member
    You answering a post of mine Bradley ?

Err, well I quoted you didn't I?
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    The first day i've been in for the afternoon session and have to go out for a meeting in 30 mins. Typical :D

Is Eccles still downing a double vodka to calm his nerves?
  • Options
    Fat BuddhaFat Buddha Posts: 882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    corh5 wrote: »
    Can you think on another sport which has two independent world championships? I doubt there's many.

Boxing and Motor Racing, Martial Arts. There are probably a few others too but not that many.
  • Options
    nuttytiggernuttytigger Posts: 14,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Right on the BBC website it says the darts is on till 16.30 but on my virgin guide its saying 14.30 for politics.

Is this right and its red button after 2.30?
  • Options
    tsotso Posts: 25,860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Right on the BBC website it says the darts is on till 16.30 but on my virgin guide its saying 14.30 for politics.

Is this right and its red button after 2.30?

Darts is on til 4.15
  • Options
    Forum Member
    All the listings i've seen have the darts on til 16:15
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tso wrote: »
    Darts is on til 4.15

So why is my guide showing politics? Hmm...
  • Options
    Terrence ChantTerrence Chant Posts: 1,334,702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    The first day i've been in for the afternoon session and have to go out for a meeting in 30 mins. Typical :D

Is Eccles still downing a double vodka to calm his nerves?

No but he wishes you well in your AA session :p
  • Options
    MadsocksMadsocks Posts: 3,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Politics was on before the darts.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yeah Politics is on BBC2 Scotland..You will have to watch online if you cant pick up normal BBC2
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah Politics is on BBC2 Scotland..You will have to watch online if you cant pick up normal BBC2

I'll have you know my BBC2 is the normal one :P

I've got it on the English one now. But thats rather crap for people in Scotland who maybe don't have virgin/sky. I suppose they could watch online though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Madsocks wrote: »
    Politics was on before the darts.

Its on here at 2.30, Politics Scotland. Grr, but got the English BBC2 on now.
  • Options
    MadsocksMadsocks Posts: 3,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brilliant by Kong! 167 finish.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll have you know my BBC2 is the normal one :P

I've got it on the English one now. But thats rather crap for people in Scotland who maybe don't have virgin/sky. I suppose they could watch online though.

Say they havent got a computer:p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Say they havent got a computer:p

Also true, I was going to say that! Or their internet is down etc hehe.
  • Options
    JSemple3JSemple3 Posts: 8,652
    Forum Member
    This match ain't half bad at all
  • Options
    Forum Member
    No but he wishes you well in your AA session :p
    :p
    That comment about Eccles was true though.
    He said he started to drink vodka before a match to steady his nerves.
    http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/other-sport/darts-tony-eccles-takes-up-3710643
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another Tony Green error. Gary in his 13th Championship and never got passed round 2. Yes he has Tony, as Jim Proudfoot stated at the start, he's a 3 times quarter finalist
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I was here when Tony Green congratulated MVG on his World Championship win :eek:
  • Options
    PompeyBillPompeyBill Posts: 7,409
    Forum Member
    Another Tony Green error. Gary in his 13th Championship and never got passed round 2. Yes he has Tony, as Jim Proudfoot stated at the start, he's a 3 times quarter finalist

Green should really be moved aside. It's criminal that he's still spouting his nonsense when a superb commentator like Clive Everton was removed at snooker, pretty much purely because of his age and the need for 'celebrity players' to take over commentary and colour.
  • Options
    PompeyBillPompeyBill Posts: 7,409
    Forum Member
    Too many loose darts from Robson here, summed up by the end of that fourth set. Chance to make it 2-2 in sets, sitting 2-2 in legs, he needs 25 to check out and hits treble nine when going for the single to leave double 16. Too many ones, fives, low first dart blocking off the sixty. Kong much more consistent so far.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    I was here when Tony Green congratulated MVG on his World Championship win :eek:

Does it every year. You can't say the commentators never acknowledge the PDC champ
  • Options
    InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hehe Kong's missus. Could hear her even when the camera wasn't on her.