Trivial things that annoy you intensely. (Part 2)

Comments

• EmmersonneEmmersonne Posts: 4,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "An americano, please"
    "With milk?"

>:(>:(>:(>:(
  • EStaffs90EStaffs90 Posts: 13,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When you get on the bus and it turns out tgat the driver is a waiter (because they're sitting there for up to five minutes). And it always seems to happen on the way home, never on the way to work.
  • Blue Eyed ladyBlue Eyed lady Posts: 6,007
    Forum Member
    People on social media sites who post to a friend that they've sent them a private message, what is the point of that, they'll see in their notifications they have a PM.
  • Enter_the_monkEnter_the_monk Posts: 2,046
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Photo's on the Daily Mail of people who look outraged with one trivial thing or another - most of the time these are people who brought whatever it was on to themselves and have no real reason to look hard done by.....
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People on social media sites who post to a friend that they've sent them a private message, what is the point of that

Will inbox u hun, dont wanna say on here xxxx

:p

It's a) attention-seeking on both their parts, trying to pique others' curiosity as to the nature of the conversation and b) a way for the recipient to appear popular, showing other friends that she (they're usually female!) is getting messages.
  • Paul_DNAPPaul_DNAP Posts: 25,977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Emmersonne wrote: »
    "An americano, please"
    "With milk?"

"Whopper and a black coffee please"
    "Is that the meal?"
    "No, just the burger and coffee"
    "Do you want fries with that?"
    "No, that would make it the meal"
    "Is that a double whopper"
    "No, I asked for the standard"
    "Do you want cheese on that?"
    "Does it come with cheese?"
    "No"
    "Then I don't want cheese then"
    "Any milk for the coffee?"
    "No, I want it without milk"
    "Anything else?"
    "No"

gets meal
    "There's milk on the counter there if you need it"
  • rumpleteazerrumpleteazer Posts: 5,746
    Forum Member
    EStaffs90 wrote: »
    When you get on the bus and it turns out tgat the driver is a waiter (because they're sitting there for up to five minutes). And it always seems to happen on the way home, never on the way to work.

I complain a lot about the buses but I do support them doing this. The only reason they should be waiting around is because they are a head of time on their route. Drivers are supposed to wait at a bus stop until it is the timetabled time to leave. It's much better than missing the bus because it went by 5-10 minutes early.

However if the driver isn't a head of time and just sitting there for no reason then yes that is a pain in the derrière. I have to take 2 buses to get to work and I should get to my second bus stop about 5-10 minutes before the bus is due. One day last year the driver sat at a stop for about 15 minutes, he was dead on time before this so no need to stop at all. Needless to say I missed my second bus and was late for work >:(

One thing that is really annoying me recently is the phrase "yeah, no". Mostly because I keep finding myself saying it >:( It's such a stupid phrase.
  • silversoxsilversox Posts: 5,204
    Forum Member
    "I mean" ......... NOW THAT REALLY ANNOYS ME. Everyone seems to say it, even educated people during interviews, "I mean" Yuk!! I listened to someone quite well known on the radio the other day and it seemed that phrase was muttered every other word. :o I hate it!!>:(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    silversox wrote: »
    "I mean" ......... NOW THAT REALLY ANNOYS ME. Everyone seems to say it, even educated people during interviews, "I mean" Yuk!! I listened to someone quite well known on the radio the other day and it seemed that phrase was muttered every other word. :o I hate it!!>:(

You don't mean that. :p

I mean, not really.

Know what I mean?

:D
  • PictoPicto Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Russian ban on lace underwear.

How will i now get my Eurasian skimpies fix. >:(
  • Swanandduck2Swanandduck2 Posts: 5,502
    Forum Member
    Something I saw on a thread this morning - where the OP posts about something that annoys them and some knob comes along and posts a link to another thread which the same poster started weeks or months ago about something else that irritated them and puts a snarky comment along the lines of 'You're very easily annoyed, aren't you'?
    You see that a lot on here and it's so stupid. It's a f*cking discussion forum.
  • wordfromthewisewordfromthewise Posts: 2,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bus drivers that don't look at your pass when you are showing it to them>:(
  • Paul_DNAPPaul_DNAP Posts: 25,977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paul_DNAP wrote: »
    "Whopper and a black coffee please"
    "Is that the meal?"
    "No, just the burger and coffee"
    "Do you want fries with that?"
    "No, that would make it the meal"

Just remembered the time the guy made fries for me after this conversation and I left them on the counter he yelled "you left your fries" "I didn't order fries" "You can have them anyway" "I don't want fries" "I wont charge you" "I don't want fries"

This was when I was being a tad healthy and not eating chips. I'm cured of that idiocy now and I'd kill for free chips.

Oh yeah, major annoyance - people quoting themselves on forums.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "An americano, please"
    "With milk?"

god. yes. This bloody annoys me too >:(
  • PiazzaPiazza Posts: 733
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People describing food as 'moorish'. Aargh!

Edit: unless it is actually Moorish cuisine, of course! :D
  • Watcher #1Watcher #1 Posts: 9,040
    Forum Member
    Piazza wrote: »
    People describing food as 'moorish'. Aargh!

Edit: unless it is actually Moorish cuisine, of course! :D

'Morish' is a perfectly fine word.

Nomnomnom, on the other hand...
  • boksboxboksbox Posts: 4,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "An americano, please"
    "With milk?"

I always make sure I ask for milk with my Americano
  • RyJaRyJa Posts: 900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not sure if I've posted this - but kids who are too big and old that are still being pushed around in buggies. I saw a boy today who must've been about 5 squashed into one. How bloody lazy is that?
  • PiazzaPiazza Posts: 733
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Watcher #1 wrote: »
    'Morish' is a perfectly fine word.

Nomnomnom, on the other hand...

It was the mis-spelling I was annoyed about! 'Moorish' is something quite different.
  • kiviraatkiviraat Posts: 4,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People who stand at the bus stop yapping to someone they know, they both get on the bus but proceed to sit apart and then yell their conversation to each other even though there's plenty of double seats. WHY??? :confused: :mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    boksbox wrote: »
    I always make sure I ask for milk with my Americano

which is perfetly fine... but an Americano is a long black coffee
  • HarrisonMarksHarrisonMarks Posts: 4,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bus drivers that don't look at your pass when you are showing it to them>:(

Hey, that's how I've travelled 100 miles on my Bazooka Joe Club certificate.
  • makavelli132makavelli132 Posts: 1,297
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That auction guy on that programme 'storage hunters'.
    Why does he have to do that annoying noise when he's saying back people's bids. Sounds like a bad stutter.
  • cinnamon girlcinnamon girl Posts: 814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My colleague speaks very quietly at times, and when you say 'Pardon?' he just repeats one word back to you, and you have to say 'What about (that word)?' It happens every bleeding time!!
  • TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My daughter and her friends have a new irritating habit: 'Uh huh' as a yes, 'Uh nuh' as a no and 'Uh mabs' for a maybe. Example:

"Would you like a lift to Sam's?"
    "Uh nuh."
    "Pardon?"
    "No, thank you."
    "Not going out tonight, then?"
    "Uh mabs."
    "Did you say 'maybe'?"
    "Uh huh."

They're here and all I hear from their conversations in another room: uh huh, uh nuh, uh mabs, uh nuh, uh huh, uh huh, uh nuh, uh nuh, uh huh, huh huh, uh mabs, uh nuh, uh nuh, uh huh, huh huh, uh nuh, uh nuh, uh huh, uh nuh, uh mabs, uh nuh, uh huh, huh huh, uh nuh, uh huh, uh mabs, uh huh, uh nuh, uh nuh, uh huh, huh huh, uh nuh, uh nuh, uh huh
This discussion has been closed.