Options

Buffy the Vampire Slayer

2»

Comments

• Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,509
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Passion was the episode that changed everything for Buffy at that time. This was at a time where there was no spoilers on the internet and soon after it aired, Joss said "no one is safe".
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 213
    Forum Member
    Passion is one of my fave episodes too! It just has everything!
  • Options
    AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just finished my re-watch of Buffy and now I'm entirely depressed lol.
  • Options
    KnowAll27KnowAll27 Posts: 2,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Passion was the episode that changed everything for Buffy at that time. This was at a time where there was no spoilers on the internet and soon after it aired, Joss said "no one is safe".

I agree. Season 2 is definitely the darkest season of the show. Lie To Me is an episode that I wasn't a fan of at the time but looking back is where the darkness really begins.

Passion is a masterpiece, for the reasons you've given, and also because it marks a turning point for Buffy herself - which has been approaching since Lie To Me.

Angelus crosses a line in the episode; from that point onwards she knows that she has to do what she's been avoiding up to this point. It's a turning point not only for the season and show but for the character herself; she's forced to grow up and do what she's avoided facing for several weeks at this point.

That's what I love about Joss Whedon shows - he's not afraid to throw a massive game-changing event into a seemingly run-of-the-mill episode and have the consequences of it play out for years.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Season two was the year that made the show more than just a show about teens dealing with different monsters every week. At the time where the likes of The X Files and Star Trek dominating the sci-fi genre, Buffy turned things around and become a stable for sci-fi shows that followed.
  • Options
    NirvanaGirlNirvanaGirl Posts: 2,511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another vote for watching all of the Buffy Series & Angel as well.

Both series are just perfect in nearly every way. I'm lucky that I own both the box sets but Buffy is on Netflix as well
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I suppose it's down to opinion, but i wouldn't associate the word Perfect with Angel. It's story arcs were incredibly weak. But it's characters and dark standalone episodes were what saved it.