Pathetic Voting Public

Comments

• steve2013steve2013 Posts: 2,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The flaw with this show is the name of it...The Voice!! BBC are desperately trying to kid themselves that they will find a credible artist and that's it's only about the voice. Absolute rubbish!! My god, the amount of times in the blind auditions when you could see the judges disappointment when they pressed their button and turned around and saw what the act actually looked like! Being successful isn't just about the voice...it's about the image, the personality, the 'X Factor'. The format is awful too. Iesher is someone who is current, has an image and would fit into today's market. Due to the way the format works, she's gone bit people like Sally are still there! She's got a fantastic voice, but that's it...she's never going to have a huge career. People voted for her because they felt sorry for her. Same reason they voted for past years winner.

she's gone because the voting public dont agree with you would she of survived if gone route of say the voice us maybe but she wouldnt of won
  • BillyBoy7BillyBoy7 Posts: 1,514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The public got it pretty well right, In my opinion.
    Can't say the same for Ricky though. Putting that 'pain in the ass' woman Christina through.
  • claire2281claire2281 Posts: 17,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Voted for...

Iesher - preferred her voice although I do think she looked lost and lacked confidence - too young for this maybe? She might be better off after a couple of years performing experience

Bizzi - Liked him and Georgia but her song was terrible. Not surprised that she didn't like it. It seemed like Tom was trying to show he can be modern but did her no favours choosing something so shouty.

Lee - Because Rachael was again out of her depth. Looked uncomfortable performing and not convincing.

Emily - I think she got the 'vibe' of Happy wrong (should be effortless and wasn't) but I'd forgotten Chris by the end so...

The only decision I didn't understand by the public was Chris but I wouldn't exactly call that envy over Emily...
  • yohinnchildyohinnchild Posts: 52,527
    Forum Member
    Two women have won the voice compared to 0 males... so to say there is gender bias in the voting is slightly ridiculous.
  • MACTOWINMACTOWIN Posts: 34,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Two women have won the voice compared to 0 males... so to say there is gender bias in the voting is slightly ridiculous.

Wow to say there is no gender bias is even more ridiculous imo. Shakes head and walks away.
  • jerefprdterrajerefprdterra Posts: 30,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some of the final eight though are very surprising. How Chris, Lee and Jamie have gotton this far is quite beyond me. Quite a few of the earlier act are far better than any of these. Even Bill Blakeley, who did'nt get past the blind auditions is better than these three, and has a recording contract to back it up.
  • The SwampsterThe Swampster Posts: 8,384
    Forum Member
    I was happy with three out of the four who went, too. I'd have kept Iesher on Will's team, though. I thought Sophie May's version of Moondance was beyond hideous, personally.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sophie was the best of the night for me, but then she has been my pick to win from the start anyway.
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was happy with three out of the four who went, too. I'd have kept Iesher on Will's team, though. I thought Sophie May's version of Moondance was beyond hideous, personally.

I agree. I liked Iesher but don't think the song choice helped. I thought Sophies version of Moondance was a mess to be honest
  • Kasper69Kasper69 Posts: 1,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be honest I agreed with every single one that went home :)
  • Smokeychan1Smokeychan1 Posts: 12,140
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sophie was the best of the night for me, but then she has been my pick to win from the start anyway.

Would you say the same if those strangled affectations were coming from Sally's mouth?

Be honest now ;-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Would you say the same if those strangled affectations were coming from Sally's mouth?

Be honest now ;-)

I thought Sophie's version was well put togehter, and i would'nt compare her to Sally as they are two completely different types of singers. Plus Sally has more experience than the rest of the contestants put together.
  • Bulletguy1Bulletguy1 Posts: 18,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    Lets be honst though, none of these people has a chance in hell of winning. Its Sally vs Christina Marie for the title.
    You are right though my money is definitely on Sally. She does the same for me as what seems to affect Tom Jones. Her voice and emotion she conveys is pure......pheww!! Just 'does it' for me. And of course she has had professional experience up there with the very best in the music world. Good job she picked TJ because there isn't many professional singers he hasn't sung with.....so he has a vast wealth of experience.
  • popmusicmanpopmusicman Posts: 2,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is odd that there were so many more female singers put through to the final 32 (something like 24) and now there are more men than women left.

Having said that the best of the semi finalist are women and still expect one of them to win
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought Sophie's version was well put togehter, and i would'nt compare her to Sally as they are two completely different types of singers. Plus Sally has more experience than the rest of the contestants put together.

I wasn't asking you to compare the two ladies, just wondering if it was Sophie's voice that appealed...or something else. She is a stunning looking girl after all.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,126
    Forum Member
    It's not the public....it's the system....copy and paste job from another thread
    This is the first series of the Voice I have watched.....I must admit I did listen in disbelief when the elimination process was explained.....it just seems rather bizarre that a contestant who comes second in the public will be eliminated if the person who came first is in the same team....whilst at the same time someone who is second from bottom in the vote will make the next round so long as the person with the fewest votes is also in the same team.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gotta keep the focus on the coaches swnymor1963. They are the 'real' stars of the show, after all ;-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wasn't asking you to compare the two ladies, just wondering if it was Sophie's voice that appealed...or something else. She is a stunning looking girl after all.

I just really like Sophie's voice, and have done since the first show. It's the type of music that i like.
  • MonaoggMonaogg Posts: 19,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    On the night the ones who left each had their own flaws.
    Georgia - Off key
    Iesha - Wrong song
    Emily - Belting the joy out of a happy song does not mean you can sing (IMHO)
    Rachel - Ordinary
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Monaogg wrote: »
    On the night the ones who left each had their own flaws.
    Georgia - Off key
    Iesha - Wrong song
    Emily - Belting the joy out of a happy song does not mean you can sing (IMHO)
    Rachel - Ordinary

Can't argue with any of that :)
  • DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 109,962
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    with the voting history lesher was never going to get through unfortunately
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DUNDEEBOY wrote: »
    with the voting history lesher was never going to get through unfortunately

I think that she will go on to do well anyway as she does show a lot of potential, as well as being very likeable which seems to be important to a lot of people.
  • BROXI BEARBROXI BEAR Posts: 9,279
    Forum Member

I agree with 3 out of the four too. Sophie May was awful and should never had gone through.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Arnold1 wrote: »
    Georgia should have gone through. Of course women were jealous of her body so did not vote for her so much.

Rubbish. As with some of the others, she was pitchy and out of tune and the song showed that she didn't have much of a range. No jealousy, she just wasn't that good in the end.
  • benbeez1benbeez1 Posts: 18,104
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    it's funny how it was all the young pretty girls got voted off against the ( not so attractive boys AKA Chris ) (rolleyes) , it didn't matter if the girls did amazingly well they still would of got voted out against the boys . PATHETIC ''GREAT BRITISH (SEXIST) PUBLIC'' >:(