Options

Who stood out for you in the semis?

EclecticGuyEclecticGuy Posts: 22
Forum Member
I thought everyone sang well tonight and the whole show was great.

But for me the stand-out performance was Jamie with 'I can't make you love me'. Beautiful, touching, genuine. He is growing on me week by week.

Two other unexpectedly good ones for me were Bizzy and also Sophie-May, the latter 10x better than last week.

Who stood out for you, or surprised you (in a good way)?

Comments

• Options
    via_487via_487 Posts: 1,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bizzy.
    He's got so much better each week.
    Shame he went home.
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would agree with Bizzi and Sophie which is a surprise as neither have caught mh attention before now
  • Options
    Last RequestLast Request Posts: 2,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bizzy and Jamie
  • Options
    SlojoSlojo Posts: 4,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sophie
  • Options
    pinkitspinkits Posts: 393
    Forum Member
    Jamie was very good.
  • Options
    Smokeychan1Smokeychan1 Posts: 12,199
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jermain actually. Not for his singing so much (though he has a heck of a voice), but the joy and confidence he exudes - especially when compared to so many of the younger contestants who are literally shaking in their boots on stage.
  • Options
    CaltonfanCaltonfan Posts: 6,311
    Forum Member
    Sophie was the best, pity she went home
  • Options
    DandemDandem Posts: 13,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jamie. His best personal performance by a mile, and really stood out compare to people like Sally and Jermain, who I felt were far from their best.
  • Options
    steve2013steve2013 Posts: 2,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nobody felt they were all of there game atleast IMO
  • Options
    -Sid--Sid- Posts: 29,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jamie - I couldn't even remember his name til this week. Finally made an impression. Not enough to make me vote or anything.

Sally wasn't at her best (not helped by the choice of song), but even below par she was better than most of the rest.
  • Options
    hooliganharrishooliganharris Posts: 33
    Forum Member
    I thought it was a reveral of fortunes this week, Bizzie came up massively, his personality and versatility are great, the Essex boy Jamie who I was quite biased against due to TOWIE , was emotive and strong vocals, but big shout our for Chris and 'Smile' we loved it. Lee was good but I would love to have heard another of his choices, by far his rendition of can't get you out of my head was chillingly good. Agree Sally murdered that Waterboys song, Christina Marie I felt came out with her pesonaliuty this evening, I thought endearing with the old Bristolian thing going on but she needs light and shade not all bansheeish... Love Jermain but song choice was weak, but loved the banter between him and his mum bless
  • Options
    bloggingbellebloggingbelle Posts: 1,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bizzie was outstanding though he over elaborated a bit and I enjoyed Chris as well - think Chris has a great recording voice
  • Options
    *Laura**Laura* Posts: 45,152
    Forum Member
    I enjoyed Lee and Sophie tonight and was surprised neither went through. Especially Sophie as she had the "pimp" spot and a massive production working for her.
  • Options
    wazzyboywazzyboy Posts: 13,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chris. Sad to see him go.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Lee. Brilliant performance tonight. I would have liked him to go through instead of Jamie.
  • Options
    RichmondBlueRichmondBlue Posts: 21,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sophie...I thought she was a bit different and kind of quirky..which I like.
    But I've not taken much notice until tonight and didn't bother to vote.
  • Options
    gcmacgcmac Posts: 4,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I actually thought they were all very good tonight. I was a little disappointed in Sally and Jermaine's performances because I think they have been better, but I thought Jamie really stood out tonight, I hadn't taken a huge amount of notice of him before but I thought he was really strong with this performance.
  • Options
    BillyBoy7BillyBoy7 Posts: 1,514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    -Sid- wrote: »

Sally wasn't at her best (not helped by the choice of song), but even below par she was better than most of the rest.

Agree... It brought her down to almost the level of an 'ordinary' singer. Hope she goes back to what she's great at next week. Maybe a Karen Carpenter track?

I voted for Chris... But sadly the irritating one got through. :(
  • Options
    scoobiesnacksscoobiesnacks Posts: 3,055
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sophie
  • Options
    TreyCTreyC Posts: 707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sally
  • Options
    bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    via_487 wrote: »
    Bizzy.
    He's got so much better each week.
    Shame he went home.

I thought he was better than Sally. But hey the voters prefer white, middleaged women with a rough life.
  • Options
    Dilly DaydreamDilly Daydream Posts: 6,176
    Forum Member
    Jamie. I think he's your winner.
  • Options
    rufusrainrufusrain Posts: 923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I enjoyed Chris's performance
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 406
    Forum Member
    Sophie stood out by a mile - as the very worst thing imaginable. Her solo spot was just about bearable due to the visuals but her performance in the team song was dreadful, hopelessly off key and trying to sing in a register at least 2 below anything she had a hope of sustaining a tune in, her timing was off by a mile and ( yes I know it's a singing competition but ) could'nt dance to save herself, suggesting she is also utterly devoid of rhythm.
  • Options
    threecheesesthreecheeses Posts: 23,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Based on last night's performance Bizzy should have gone through over Sally, although she had been the better one up till last night.

Lee was definitely the most interesting singer last night, will miss seeing what he comes up with next week, song choice alone got Jamie through.

Sophie is a sweetie and unlucky not to get through but Jermain is the best voice in there.

Christina can sing but I find her a bit boring, Chris would have been a better finalist.