Options

Who admits sheding a tear watching Bridget die?!

sinkingradiosinkingradio Posts: 1,459
Forum Member
✭✭✭
And no, not tears of joy! I was never a huge Bridget fan and yes, the whole clock thing and walking into the light was pure Neighbours cheese, but I admit I did shed a little tear, especially when Declan was told of the news. Although really it probably wasn't actually a tear for Bridget, more like it just made me think I'd react if someone told me someone I loved had just died.

Will any of the DS anti Bridget brigade admit to having a little cry?!

Comments

• Options
    lordOfTimelordOfTime Posts: 22,371
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I was never on the anti bridget brigade, not that I thought she's a good actress... but the last 2 episodes have been good, especially todays. Some good acting performances all round. I haven't shed any tears but the scenes today did tug at the heartstrings, so for me the scenes did their job. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,579
    Forum Member
    i admit that i did get abit teary eyed, not at her death it was when declan said to miranda "i want didge".
    i did get a little choked but apart from that nope.
  • Options
    sinkingradiosinkingradio Posts: 1,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ami09x wrote: »
    i admit that i did get abit teary eyed, not at her death it was when declan said to miranda "i want didge".
    i did get a little choked but apart from that nope.

Yeah I got more teary watching Declan I think too. Although no where near as much as Susan with the initial MS storyline, that got me alot more. Guess I've invested much more time in old sooze over the years!
  • Options
    babinabababinaba Posts: 5,447
    Forum Member
    i cry at anything - not over bridget dying though - I didn't like her or the actress - cried at Declans reaction, i also cried about Susan and when Stingray died/his funeral

boo hoo :(
  • Options
    Pete CallanPete Callan Posts: 24,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was sad to see Declan in such pain but Bridget's death was comical, with the dream sequences :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nope, I normally cry at everything, but I couldn't help sniggering at Bridget's demise. They really really dragged the Alice in Wonderland bits out. I thought the mad march hare was going to dash across the screen with his pal the magical unicorn at any moment...

Sorry :o

But I did get a bit choked at the Parkers' reaction and Declan's too. I'm not that stone hearted! :D
  • Options
    garyessexgaryessex Posts: 9,083
    Forum Member
    They really dragged it out didnt they? Im sure they crashed about 3 years ago (or 8 days tbf) all that action set from oe afternoon to midday the next day
  • Options
    Melanie858Melanie858 Posts: 3,483
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I cried but it wasn't because Bridget died. It was because I really felt for poor Declan and the rest of the family. They have been giving great acting performances!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Couldn't stand Bridget and it wasn't her who made me cry but Declans reaction.
  • Options
    essexpeteessexpete Posts: 9,210
    Forum Member
    Melanie858 wrote: »
    I cried but it wasn't because Bridget died. It was because I really felt for poor Declan and the rest of the family. They have been giving great acting performances!!
    Yeah I cried tuesday and yesterday. Neighbours have always handled deaths well, remember the episode Drew died I cried at that
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Couldn't stand Bridget and it wasn't her who made me cry but Declans reaction.

yes same here, dec being so devestated is what got me.

I was personally more upset when bob the dog died :o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah i had tears, but it definately wasn't for bridget, glad she's gone, just feel sad for Dec
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    what was DEC doing when he got told about BbRIDGET? I mean come onnnn, that wasn't shock or upset that was, I have just done a big poop in my pants.

I think its sad otherwise though, no crying
  • Options
    MarzBar85MarzBar85 Posts: 15,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My friend who's pregnant was in floods of tears over those scenes. She blamed the hormones!
  • Options
    SuperSoaperSuperSoaper Posts: 5,724
    Forum Member
    I was in floods of tears last night. It was Declan's reaction that got me, and the sight of that baby without her mother. I found the whole thing so very moving, and has certainly made me want to watch Neighbours again.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    It was sad today with Declan.wondering what to do..At least we never heard it crying today..
  • Options
    _nomad__nomad_ Posts: 1,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Steve's acting was surprisingly good yesterday and made me feel a bit sorry for him. The actual death episode didn't make me feel sad though, I didn't like Bridget and the premonition was cringey.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 142
    Forum Member
    no, i didn't cry... belle's death on Home and Away is a different story.
    Especially the episode after she died i was practically inconsolable.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't find the actual death episode moving at all, but the following episode was done well, did feel sorry for Dec, but no tears actually occured!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    ^^ post not on..:(
  • Options
    Neighbours_FanNeighbours_Fan Posts: 7,514
    Forum Member
    I don't really cry at soaps. I thought yesterday's episode was very sad though.
  • Options
    GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I found today's scene where Steve was hitting the heavy bag quite moving. I'm not sure why.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9
    Forum Member
    I disagree fully, I never really liked Bridget or the Parkers, especally there fued with Susan in there first year - what a mistake, it made me dislike them even more!!

Personally I'm glad to see the back of that lot, and hope there replaced by someone more interesting
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not going to miss Bridget but I did think it was really well done - it was very sad too
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 312
    Forum Member
    MarzBar85 wrote: »
    My friend who's pregnant was in floods of tears over those scenes. She blamed the hormones!

i too can use that excuse - im 2 days overdue and cried buckets - but i cried more at Belle's death in home and away - all three times i watched it - i(m a bit of a sadist) and just thought that it was handled so well...a bit better than neighbours but both storylines were excellent.:o:o:o