How do you know you have a Nail Varnish problem?

Comments

• Little Miss KatLittle Miss Kat Posts: 226
    Forum Member
    Horton wrote: »

I layered it over a shimmery baby blue but I'm still not too impressed :(

It's annoying that it just doesn't look good by itself isn't it? The baby blue I used is a strong block colour, it's the only combination I've tried where the Indian Ocean looked good. I was quite disappointed with the Beetlejuice collection.
    Elanor wrote: »
    I posted about my Barry M glitter haul!
    http://elanorsnails.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/new-barry-m-glitters.html

They're so sparkly!

I'm so tempted to go out and buy some, but I think 9 new polishes this week is enough!
  • loddellboshloddellbosh Posts: 5,315
    Forum Member
    I had a few ££s left using an Amazon gift certificate so I bought some Technic polishes.
    I bought Carnival and Mermaid. They're both gorgeous. Carnival is supposed to be a dupe of one of the Muppets OPI collection -it's multicoloured glitter. Mermaid is blue holographic glitter (the picture on Amazon doesn't do it justice at all).
    Just attempted Model's Own "Indian Ocean" - very disappointing on its own, one to layer definitely! Any ideas or suggestions of colours to layer it over? I don't want to lose the colour so I'm guessing a very pale blue perhaps?

I wore it on a very pale silvery blue and it looked amazing.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 95
    Forum Member
    Just attempted Model's Own "Indian Ocean" - very disappointing on its own, one to layer definitely! Any ideas or suggestions of colours to layer it over? I don't want to lose the colour so I'm guessing a very pale blue perhaps?

I wore it over Models Own's Utopia (which is like a light grey sort of colour) and I thought it looked really nice.
    Forum Member
    Just Tracy wrote: »
    I wore it over Models Own's Utopia (which is like a light grey sort of colour) and I thought it looked really nice.

Now that does sound nice! I've got a very pale grey from Nails Inc, I'll have to give it a try with the Indian Ocean. Thanks :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Currently wearing Purple Reign from the Rimmel Metal Rush collection.
    Very prettry shade, I'm happy!
    Will have photos up soon!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh wow, Indian Ocean looks amazing over Model's Own Lilac Dream.

Will try and get a pic tomorrow!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,369
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love the first post of this thread - my collection is at about 80 and growing daily :o

What's the best nude for a very pale English rose type? I've been searching for a nice one. Closest I've come is Accessorize 'Ivory' but it's too pink :/
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    I have about 55 nail polishes, I'm terrible for buying them :D.
    Forum Member
    jane-hen12 wrote: »
    Currently wearing Purple Reign from the Rimmel Metal Rush collection.
    Very prettry shade, I'm happy!
    Will have photos up soon!
    Oh wow, Indian Ocean looks amazing over Model's Own Lilac Dream.

Will try and get a pic tomorrow!

Can't wait to see pictures of these, they both sound fab!
  • TiggergirlTiggergirl Posts: 2,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not posted on here for a while but finally cracked and got some new polishes. I have been on major tight budget recently so nail polishes have been on the back burner but had a little spare cash so had a little splurge.

My budget buy was a Lavel Shimmery Pink called Misty Ice from the local Market which was only 99p.

My splurge was TK Maxx with 2 three piece Nail Inc sets both were crackle sets so I have 6 new crackles I managed to get some of the Glitter Crackles and now have

The West End which is the Turquoise Glitter Crackle
    The City which is the Pink Glitter Crackle
    Hackney which is a SIlver Glitter Crackle

I also got some normal crackles as well

Hoxton Purple Crackle
    Brixton Red Crackle
    The East End which I think is a Deep Blue Crackle

I did have a look at some of the Essies in Tx Maxx but the colours weren't really that nice and I don't really want to buy three of the same colour. Also had a look at the Barielles as well and might invest in some when I have a bit more spare cash or maybe the Barry M Gellys haven't quite decided yet.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hey guys, I've set up my own nail polish blog today if anyone's interested :)

http://purelypolish.wordpress.com/

Includes pictures of the aforementioned lilac and Indian Ocean! :)
  • daisyduck1976daisyduck1976 Posts: 1,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi,

I don;t know if other M&S shops are doing this but, my local one has had a major refurb and has introduced a huge beauty dept. It now stocks high end name brands of skin care and make up as well as a large selection of autograph.

I bought a Leighton Denny polish in there yesterday- Drama Queen, which I am about to try out!
  • daisyduck1976daisyduck1976 Posts: 1,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh and, my lovely sister picked me up a massive selection of the LA Colors Art Deco nail art bottles, all the glitter ones, while she was on holiday in America!

Love her muchly. Can't wait to try them!
    Forum Member
    Hey guys, I've set up my own nail polish blog today if anyone's interested :)

http://purelypolish.wordpress.com/

Includes pictures of the aforementioned lilac and Indian Ocean! :)

It looks great - the blog and the nail polish! :)

I'm definitely going to give Indian Ocean a go over the lilac, it really brings out the colour.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It looks great - the blog and the nail polish! :)

I'm definitely going to give Indian Ocean a go over the lilac, it really brings out the colour.

Thank you very much :D

Definitely try it, it worked so well! I don't think my iPhone truly captured how pretty it is :)
  • AnnieAppleAnnieApple Posts: 37
    Forum Member
    Hi thanks to the posters who pointed me towards the foil trick for removing the glitter polishes.

I tried it this weekend and it was fab!

I have dug out all my glitters from the back of the cupboard now ready for Christmas! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,369
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://npaa.forumotion.co.uk/ You should join us over here :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://npaa.forumotion.co.uk/ You should join us over here :)

I'm signing up :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Awesome blog there! Welcome to the blogging world :P

Sadly I've had no internet since my last post...for some reason NO browser would open, so there was nothing I could do at all (uni don't take kindly to sitting there with pictures of nail polish in the library =[ )

HOWEVER Its back after factory resetting my laptop, so I'll finally be able to get back to it :D
    Bought 6 glitters the other day...
  • loddellboshloddellbosh Posts: 5,315
    Forum Member
    I bought seven polishes today. :o And also one of those nail constellation things by MUA. I don't know if I'll ever use it but it's my star sign :D and I own one now should I ever feel like trying that type of manicure out.
  • tarotangeltarotangel Posts: 1,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nails Inc. Doing TSV on QVC today just switched over to see it
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NOO why tell me of nails inc tsvs! I have no money :'(
    I got a MUA constalation thing too, but only because it was purple...simple things eh?

Purple Reign photo here
    http://hens-nest.blogspot.co.uk/
  • TiggergirlTiggergirl Posts: 2,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh Dear so much for being good have ended up caving and ordering the Nails Inc TSV that said I have got it on advanced order so I can put the money aside for a few weeks so not having to worry about paying it at the moment.

Couldn't get the auto delivery option though which is fine as not such a fan of the other set but ended up having to head out to a payphone to call as the website has been playing up and saying it was sold out when it was on advanced order.

If anyone else wants it but is strapped for cash getting the advance order might be the way to go
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mirrorball is back in stock! *Buys*