Clara at Victorian claras grave

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 357
Forum Member
At the end of Snowmen we see a Clara at Victorian claras grave stone, so it seems at that point she knows who she is or was. Was this a foreshadowing. Has this been discussed already? She is also wondering with one of the children she nannys for. So interesting.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 611
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wouldn't be surprised if that scene happens much later.
  • CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,574
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's just taking a shortcut through the graveyard, there's no indication that she even notices the name of the gravestone.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 357
    Forum Member
    That doesn't make sense because she has a I'm wearing my smart girl pants kind of look, like she knows what she's near and the "I'm not afraid of ghost"
  • CD93CD93 Posts: 13,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Corwin wrote: »
    She's just taking a shortcut through the graveyard, there's no indication that she even notices the name of the gravestone.

She was staring at it, wasn't she?
  • Whovian1109Whovian1109 Posts: 1,812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CD93 wrote: »
    She was staring at it, wasn't she?

Having just this second rewatched that ending, she doesn't appear to spot the gravestone or pay any attention to it, she seems to just be walking past it. She's stood next to it, facing in the direction that if she were stood a pace to the left, she'd be staring right at it.
  • BadWolfOneBadWolfOne Posts: 172
    Forum Member
    That doesn't make sense because she has a I'm wearing my smart girl pants kind of look, like she knows what she's near and the "I'm not afraid of ghost"

* 'Nah, I don't believe in ghosts'

Sorry, pet peeve ;)
    Forum Member
    BadWolfOne wrote: »
    * 'Nah, I don't believe in ghosts'

Sorry, pet peeve ;)

But you know what I meant ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 156
    Forum Member
    This is an automatically generated "Ourageous Pun" warning.

Will others please refrain from making a spectre-cle of themselves.
  • ea91ea91 Posts: 2,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The girl she was walking with was much too old to have a nanny.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19
    Forum Member
    If she was looking at it, it would probably have been similar to Rory's reaction to his. "Oh, that person has the same name as me". It's not really far fetched, her name isn't really unique.
  • FATCHOPSFATCHOPS Posts: 626
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ea91 wrote: »
    The girl she was walking with was much too old to have a nanny.

I thought Clara was supposed to be younger than now and assumed her friend was the children's mum.
  • sandydunesandydune Posts: 10,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe there are a few gravestones with Clara Oswin Oswald written on.:confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FATCHOPS wrote: »
    I thought Clara was supposed to be younger than now and assumed her friend was the children's mum.

Yes because we don't know the time difference between that and the BOSJ. Actually that makes sense that the person with Clara is the kids mum as she was meant to be Clara's friend so makes sense for them to be together
  • CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,574
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    alixfowler wrote: »
    Yes because we don't know the time difference between that and the BOSJ. Actually that makes sense that the person with Clara is the kids mum as she was meant to be Clara's friend so makes sense for them to be together

While she probably is meant to be the kids mum* I do think they cast her a bit young.

She's Clara's friend but also has 2 teenage (I'm guessing) kids so must be at least 6 or 7 years older than Clara (probably more) yet the actress in The Snowmen has a playing age of 16 - 20.

*The scene from The Snowmen could well be from the week before she died.
    Forum Member
    Oh I see different actresses, yeah she does look much younger than a mum of a teenager, I thought she was a teenager. And I think the girl whom she nannys for now I'd probably too old for a nanny.