Options

EE fed up with carters

cloudy80cloudy80 Posts: 446
Forum Member
is anyone else fed up with the carters? the family is jampacked, they bring more and more of them how much more?>:(

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    cloudy80 wrote: »
    is anyone else fed up with the carters? the family is jampacked, they bring more and more of them how much more?>:(

i feel the same ( yawn )
  • Options
    cloudy80cloudy80 Posts: 446
    Forum Member
    dtc is going over the top by the end of this year we will see more carters on the way, the whole square will be full of them, i find them so boring... and i hate linda even more.. all mick does is put's he's head on one side also he needs to trim his beard and make shirley smile abit more
  • Options
    danyelldanyell Posts: 10,884
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Their the only decent thing in Eastenders at the moment.
  • Options
    FanntastikFanntastik Posts: 12,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Only reason why I'm watching the show at the moment.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They should just have Danny Dyer and sack the rest ;)
  • Options
    ryanr554ryanr554 Posts: 4,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't understand this complaint at all. Yes there are a lot of them but that isn't a bad thing. It is when they start taking over the show for long periods of time when it starts to become a bad thing.

As of yet, there has been a perfect strike of balance between families since DTC took over. Hell, even the Jacksons have got center stage and they had been neglected for years.

We have saw pittance of Stan and Aunt Babe since they arrived anyway, you could probably add Nancy to that list as well.

The problem with all the brannings wasn't that there were too many of them, it was that they were being shoehorned into everything. I believe there was a "Derek Branning in every SL thread" that took the piss out of that fact.

The carters have not taken over the show by any means and are getting no more screen time than they deserve.
  • Options
    coolercooler Posts: 13,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dtc is going over the top by the end of this year we will see more carters on the way, the whole square will be full of them, i find them so boring... and i hate linda even more.. all mick does is put's he's head on one side also he needs to trim his beard and make shirley smile abit more

What makes you find the other EE families more interesting than the Carter's?
  • Options
    Michelle JonesMichelle Jones Posts: 5,489
    Forum Member

Congratulations on being the 500th person to start a thread on this subject:)!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like the family, its what convinced me to stick with eastenders
  • Options
    QueenAmyQueenAmy Posts: 3,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They live in the Vic, they were always going to be at the forefront just like the Mitchell's were - stop complaining, these threads are just as boring as the Stacey cliffhanger threads
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DTC as the big boss is obviously intending to put the Carters at the forefront of the show, and why not? We're only just getting deeper into the Carters storyline 3 months after they first arrived. It has been a slow burner, which is better than rushing into it. Some people on these forums are ridiculous with their complaining. The Carters are centre stage for one week and numerous threads are made about "The Carter Show". It's very boring. I could understand if they were the only characters being focussed on, but we also have the Lucy storyline, Ian/Denise/Jane, Carol's cancer and Dot/Nick going on at the moment. Carol's storyline has probably been more prominent this year than the Carters, yet no one complains about that. The way I see it, the Carters are a big family and important to turning the show around, but you need to have trust in the writers to bring the show forward. Lucy's storyline is the big one for the show this year. If there was no focus on the Carters, people would complain they are being wasted.
  • Options
    MrJamesMrJames Posts: 8,127
    Forum Member
    Are you kidding? They are best thing about the show at the moment, and I think the show is in a pretty good state.
  • Options
    Cal_Scream2Cal_Scream2 Posts: 6,733
    Forum Member
    gmc93 wrote: »
    DTC as the big boss is obviously intending to put the Carters at the forefront of the show, and why not? We're only just getting deeper into the Carters storyline 3 months after they first arrived. It has been a slow burner, which is better than rushing into it. Some people on these forums are ridiculous with their complaining. The Carters are centre stage for one week and numerous threads are made about "The Carter Show". It's very boring. I could understand if they were the only characters being focussed on, but we also have the Lucy storyline, Ian/Denise/Jane, Carol's cancer and Dot/Nick going on at the moment. Carol's storyline has probably been more prominent this year than the Carters, yet no one complains about that. The way I see it, the Carters are a big family and important to turning the show around, but you need to have trust in the writers to bring the show forward. Lucy's storyline is the big one for the show this year. If there was no focus on the Carters, people would complain they are being wasted.

I agree with this. There's been many story lines announced regarding different characters but there hasn't been one for any of the Carter's, DTC is just trying to get us to understand how each of them works and imbed them into the show properly. The last time this was done effectively was for the Slaters, they were on the show for a year and just slept around/had fights and then once 2001 hot we had hard hitting stories like You Ain't Ma Muvva and Trevor Abusing Litle Mo.
  • Options
    MrJamesMrJames Posts: 8,127
    Forum Member
    I agree with this. There's been many story lines announced regarding different characters but there hasn't been one for any of the Carter's, DTC is just trying to get us to understand how each of them works and imbed them into the show properly. The last time this was done effectively was for the Slaters, they were on the show for a year and just slept around/had fights and then once 2001 hot we had hard hitting stories like You Ain't Ma Muvva and Trevor Abusing Litle Mo.

Max, Tanya, Ronnie and Roxy are applicable too I think.
  • Options
    Marcus_SmithMarcus_Smith Posts: 3,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We hadn't seen them for like 4 weeks or something what's the op talking about its only this week they've been really heavily featured again. People complaint there sick of the carters then you get people going on how the miss the carters not being on screen. Then thread seen the other day about hardly seeing nancy the most out of the carters People on here are just never happy >:(
  • Options
    NoushNoush Posts: 4,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Congratulations on being the 500th person to start a thread on this subject:)!

Really??? I started a thread about how useless they were as an addition a few months and got the book thrown at me! Lol! Some serious defending insults but hey, glad to know I'm not the only one who thinks they are CRAP!
  • Options
    thejoyof_patthejoyof_pat Posts: 30,752
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Noush wrote: »
    Really??? I started a thread about how useless they were as an addition a few months and got the book thrown at me! Lol! Some serious defending insults but hey, glad to know I'm not the only one who thinks they are CRAP!

I think they're crap too :)
  • Options
    Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    danyell wrote: »
    Their the only decent thing in Eastenders at the moment.
    Fanntastik wrote: »
    Only reason why I'm watching the show at the moment.
    ryanr554 wrote: »
    I don't understand this complaint at all. Yes there are a lot of them but that isn't a bad thing.
    Kazza81 wrote: »
    I like the family, its what convinced me to stick with eastenders
    MrJames wrote: »
    Are you kidding? They are best thing about the show at the moment, and I think the show is in a pretty good state.

This, this, this, this and this. :D

:D When they start to invade everyone else's stories (ala Branning's) then it will become a problem. At the moment they are one of a few family units being focussed on.
  • Options
    Ell_RenEll_Ren Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    I love the Carters, though I do think three kids was probably too much, could they not have had just Johnny and Nancy? I love the chemisty between all of them but I think Lee should have been brought in separately, esp with Dean returning soon.
    I've always loved Shirley. Danny Dyer has proved himself in the role of Mick and Stan/Aunt Babe are genius. Tina and Linda are my bottom two in the family but they are in no way the worse characters on the square and they do have potential. I was hoping we would find out more about Shirley through this as she has been a bit of blank canvas for so long, all the stories seem to be focussing on the other members of the family though. So instead of her having her own story, she is just a part of Micks at the moment. I thought we were promised a look at her past and why she walked out. All we know is about Mick really so far. (Except Sylvie)
  • Options
    swanseacragswanseacrag Posts: 244
    Forum Member
    Apart from this last week, they have barely been on screen!! Gets on my nerves when someone moans about the carters!! They don't have anymore screen time than any of the other familys at the moment!! There is a good balance!! And to be fair I want MORE screen time of the carters than there already is!! They are a fab family with lots of secrets that I want to know about ;)
  • Options
    SegaGamerSegaGamer Posts: 29,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ryanr554 wrote: »
    I don't understand this complaint at all. Yes there are a lot of them but that isn't a bad thing. It is when they start taking over the show for long periods of time when it starts to become a bad thing.

As of yet, there has been a perfect strike of balance between families since DTC took over. Hell, even the Jacksons have got center stage and they had been neglected for years.

We have saw pittance of Stan and Aunt Babe since they arrived anyway, you could probably add Nancy to that list as well.

The problem with all the brannings wasn't that there were too many of them, it was that they were being shoehorned into everything. I believe there was a "Derek Branning in every SL thread" that took the piss out of that fact.

The carters have not taken over the show by any means and are getting no more screen time than they deserve.

I agree with all of this.

They are also a lot more likeable than the brannings which helps a lot.
  • Options
    xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,273
    Forum Member
    They are the best family in soap. :D
  • Options
    EveT1991EveT1991 Posts: 12,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Noush wrote: »

They haven't been in the show for a long time yet how can you call them useless just give them a few more months and then make a judgement.
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If they had a lack of screentime, people would be moaning about that. You can't win

Unlike previous years where it became too dominated by the brannings, we are actually seeing all the families shine individually, not just one family dominating. The carters are at the forefront slightly more because we are still learning things about them.
  • Options
    haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love them, they have revitalised the show.