Tottenham Hotspur fans on the forum? (Part 5)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Defoe again . :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    this is so frustrating. 3-3
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Soft award of a free kick sees them back level. Good hit but again not sure what the ref saw there ? :confused:
  • vaarthartvainvaarthartvain Posts: 607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lousy ref
  • Deep PurpleDeep Purple Posts: 63,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not at all impressed with the Ref, but we are not playing well, yet we've scored three goals.

Hopefully Inter wont make a comeback, because Twente look the most likely winners here.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hopefully Inter wont make a comeback, because Twente look the most likely winners here.

Three down now !!!! :D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bobone wrote: »
    Three down now !!!! :D:D

I'm fairly confident now that we are group winners. Great achievement. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The ref almost made a mess of this.
  • batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would just like to congratulate you on finishing top of your group, very well done.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would just like to congratulate you on finishing top of your group, very well done.

Thank you xX
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    what a usless ref:mad: still top of the group brill :D:D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Cheers fella. Think we've surprised ourselves with doing that TBH. :)
  • Barry WilsonBarry Wilson Posts: 1,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good stuff from Spurs, the fat spanish waiter doesn't seem to be doing too well.
  • kimindexkimindex Posts: 68,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The ref almost made a mess of this.
    Yes, didn't he? It's really unfair on Jenas. And, with the free kick that gave them their goal, it's the first time I've seen someone fouled by a shadow.
    Thanks, batdude. You're a gent!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good stuff from Spurs, the fat spanish waiter doesn't seem to be doing too well.
    Thanks, Barry. Strange decision by Benitez to field a weakened team.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wasn't home last night. Chuffed to bits we've finished outright group winners. Really the cherry on the icing on the cake.

A nice, favourable draw in the last 16 and then who knows how far we can go ?. Brilliant stuff.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What do people think about Hutton as opposed to Charlie?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kimindex wrote: »

prefer hutton at the moment:D
  • soulboy77soulboy77 Posts: 24,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hutton has done well since Harry gave him a chance in the starting line-up and is well on the way to making the right back position his own. Seeing we nearly sold him to Sunderland at the end of last season after his loan spell, I'm glad we didn't.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    prefer hutton at the moment:D
    soulboy77 wrote: »
    Hutton has done well since Harry gave him a chance in the starting line-up and is well on the way to making the right back position his own. Seeing we nearly sold him to Sunderland at the end of last season after his loan spell, I'm glad we didn't.
    I wish we could combine them into one player. Charlie is a more robust defender but Hutton is better at getting forward and is much faster.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tottenham, Everton & Newcastle United Head Shortlist As Mega-Rich Qatar Royal Family Seek To Buy Premier League Club
    http://foreign.peacefmonline.com/sports/201012/114813.php
    The Londoners would be the most expensive option but they already have contact with the Qataris after sounding them out last year over the possibility of purchasing the naming rights for the club's new stadium through the state-owned Qatar Airways.

But with a controversial yet potentially lucrative move to the Olympic Stadium in the offing, a takeover offer may not be far off.

Tottenham MP David Lammy told Goal.com UK last month that he believes Spurs chairman Daniel Levy wants to move the club to the 2012 Olympics site so he can sell to a Russian or Middle East consortium for a higher price.

He said: “It is Daniel’s intention to sell. That’s what is going around the rumour mill – that Tottenham will be sold to a Russian or Middle East consortium - and has been for some time.
  • soulboy77soulboy77 Posts: 24,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wish we could combine them into one player. Charlie is a more robust defender but Hutton is better at getting forward and is much faster.
    You're right, Vedran Corluka has a strong physical presence but Harry being attack minded seems to prefer Hutton's pace. I did wonder if Harry might play Charlie in midfield in front of our defence to compensate for losing Thudd.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thought Charlie did much better last night than his recent outings and linked up well with Lennon a couple of times , but think it'll be harsh on Hutton if he gets his place back based on last night. Good to see him looking in better nick all the same. Might give Harry something to ponder .

Personally think Walker might eventually oust both Hutton & Charlie. Was really disappointed he didn't get a chance this season, but has continued his great from at QPR and will hopefully get a chance of competing for the spot next season.

My Rangers season ticket holder mate has been really impressed with him saying he's been consistently excellent for them all season. Great pace and skill going forward and not one to sherk a challenge either.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tottenham, Everton & Newcastle United Head Shortlist As Mega-Rich Qatar Royal Family Seek To Buy Premier League Club
    http://foreign.peacefmonline.com/sports/201012/114813.php

Please no. There is a danger that our league will become the play thing of ridiculously rich characters from around the world.

I would hate that to happen to Spurs.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wish Chelsea had won last night. I can't see them continuing their bad run!
This discussion has been closed.