Options

STELLA really settled into Corrie

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 466
Forum Member
I really do believe Stella has become a central part of coronation street

Even the accent has gotten better to such a degree it even sounds natural now!

Its even nice to see Leanna have a proper full and loving relationship with her mum!

I hope shes around for many a year

Comments

• Options
    Little LeighLittle Leigh Posts: 939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree. I also like her paired with Jason and really hope she doesn't end up back with Karl. I think she's better than that!
  • Options
    Lucy LouLucy Lou Posts: 8,574
    Forum Member
    I was one of her biggest critics when she first started in Corrie, but she has proved me wrong and now I think she fits in well
  • Options
    Scorpio2Scorpio2 Posts: 5,632
    Forum Member
    I agree she was very full on at first but has settled down nicely.
  • Options
    oldhagoldhag Posts: 2,539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's been really good all the time - but she's still Cindy Beale to me.
  • Options
    dulliredullire Posts: 20,210
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agree she's better since she got rid of Karl the drip.
  • Options
    SelenaSelena Posts: 29,603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree. I really think that she fits in well and that she suits the role of landlady.
  • Options
    Killjoy2013Killjoy2013 Posts: 1,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Its even nice to see Leanna have a proper full and loving relationship with her mum!

she has fitted in realy well,it took longer than normal for me & the accent has got better (it couldnt get worse) - im still waiting for Ian beale to come into rovers - I WANT 10 YEARS OF CHILD SUPPORT :D:D
  • Options
    CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Phil Collinson, is that you??? :D
    She has settled in. I was hoping though that when whatsisname croaked in the Rovers, she would at least have opened up a bereavement counselling centre "round the back", for distressed residents.
  • Options
    sweetazkandisweetazkandi Posts: 2,568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've always loved Stella from the moment she arrived. I couldn't stand Eva at first but have even warmed to her and enjoy her friendship woth kylie and sparring with Leanne. I like the family unit of Stella-Leanne-Eva-Gloria and I sincerely hope that Karl does by end up back in Stella's bed what a horrid person and dreadfully dull character. I too like her relationship with Jason, they're quite sweet together. Not sure if it has longevity but for now it's great!
  • Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Creamtea wrote: »
    Phil Collinson, is that you??? :D
    She has settled in. I was hoping though that when whatsisname croaked in the Rovers, she would at least have opened up a bereavement counselling centre "round the back", for distressed residents.

:D

This!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've really warmed to Eva as well.
    I've always liked Stella, ever since she revealed she was Betty's best mate.

I find Gloria amusing too, which doesn't seem a terribly popular opinion on here.
    She seemed quite delighted when that poor old bloke had pegged it this week, thinking she was rich. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Indeed I've noticed there's not much love on here for Glo but I love her scenes with the family and I hope now she's had her break away we see more of her and her character has a chance to interact more with others.
    I do find her funny at times not that I think the writers are trying to make her a comedy character though Nd she showed her softer side after handing over the ring- after some gentle persuasion! Although I did expect it to be a fake!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Indeed I've noticed there's not much love on here for Glo but I love her scenes with the family and I hope now she's had her break away we see more of her and her character has a chance to interact more with others.
    I do find her funny at times not that I think the writers are trying to make her a comedy character though Nd she showed her softer side after handing over the ring- after some gentle persuasion! Although I did expect it to be a fake!

Me too!!
  • Options
    BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    Lucy Lou wrote: »
    I was one of her biggest critics when she first started in Corrie, but she has proved me wrong and now I think she fits in well
    Agreed, she was whiny at first and her moans grated me but I've come to enjoy her.
  • Options
    Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member

Me too, I expected Karl to say it was fake when she handed it over last night.
  • Options
    MinxyRach7MinxyRach7 Posts: 440
    Forum Member
    oldhag wrote: »
    She's been really good all the time - but she's still Cindy Beale to me.
    The funny thing is she's nothing like Cindy personality wise, for me Cindy was a way better character, but I am slowly coming round to Stella. I still think way too much happened to the character or was revealed about the character too soon and I didn't like that phase she went through of getting involved in everyone else's storylines but she is a lot more watchable now that she is not being forced down our throats.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Me too, I expected Karl to say it was fake when she handed it over last night.

So did I the way he was examining it! But then how would he know!?
  • Options
    boogie woogieboogie woogie Posts: 16,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Michelle Collins has really silenced her critics in my opinion. Love her and Eva on the show and the mother/daughter dynamic at the Rovers really works (as it did when Shelley and Bev were at the helm a few years back).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have only just got used to her, but what a transformation since her debut!

She appeared May/June 2011 and it's only since The New Year that I have warmed to her!

Really liking her now and can't wait for the fire!
  • Options
    VoodooChicVoodooChic Posts: 9,868
    Forum Member
    I have warmed to Stella - and especially Eva. Didn't like her at the start but like many other characters they need TIME! So I won't give up on Gloria just yet
  • Options
    ChateauMarmontChateauMarmont Posts: 2,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm going to go against general opinion and say I don't like her. I reckon it's just the fake accent though, it's absolutely terrible. I think if she just kept her normal accent and was in the show it'd be a lot better. I like Gloria though...but I love her in Waking The Dead so that plays a big part in it.

I'm pleased she's away from Karl, horrible person he is!
  • Options
    Janet PlankJanet Plank Posts: 10,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was hoping that when her bestest friend left the show he would take her and her family with him.
  • Options
    JoshuaRyJoshuaRy Posts: 389
    Forum Member
    I've been a huge fan of Stella from the start but watching YouTube videos from her first scenes, the accent was quite poor. Its so much better now, and Michelle Collins has to be commended for the improvement.

I really think that the scene at the end of last nights episode with Karl really showed Stella to be a fiesty and strong woman, defending herself like she did. I think shes a great landlady and shes really settled into Coronation Street well. Long may she reign!
  • Options
    MenkMenk Posts: 13,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hmm Stella - can't say I'm impressed. She's just joined the long list of female Corrie characters who are fiercely protective of their family and become mouthy and blinkered when one of her own is wronged in any way, but she really has a heart of gold (yawn, yawn.) The vast majority of the females in Corrie have interchangable personalities and I find that she adds nothing to the show.

I do, however, like Karl. Not in the sense that I would like to know him - he is a low level nasty piec of work, but he is a good character. Corrie has a habit of making their bad characters really villainous, or gradually turning them around to becoming nice eg Carly. But that isn't lifelike - life is full of people who are only out for themselves, who are work-shy or scroungers and who have an over-inflated opinion of themselves, and they don't turn out to be murderers or fraudsters and neither do they turn into Mother Theresa. I think the fact that so many people find Karl objectionable shows that he's doing a good job.
  • Options
    Doll FeetDoll Feet Posts: 1,948
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm continually thinking she can't act and wondering what everyone else is seeing. Never once heard her say "Oooo what's the matter now?/Oooo what's he done now?" with any sincerity or genuine interest whatsoever.