eBay/Paypal Claim

blumeblume Posts: 143
Forum Member
I've done a quick forum search but couldn't find the answer.

I've open a case via eBay and was supposed to receive a FULL refund including p&p as the seller didn't want to sell the item.

I got a message from eBay stating that I've received a FULL REFUND including P&P. However, I've just double checked and it appears that I'm short changed by 60pence and eBay have already closed the case.

Why am I being penalised by 60p? Any idea how do I go about and get in touch with eBay to claim back this shortage?

Anyone else had this happened to them too?

Shouldn't the onus be on the seller to pay the paypal charges they incur to refund me the money? For future reference, is it better to make an item not received claim by ebay or Paypal?

Thank you.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Buyers don't pay charges the seller does. I have no idea why you are 60p short, why not ask on the Ebay forum?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 399
    Forum Member
    why does it matter? it's only 60p. you should be grateful you got a full refund and your postage.
  • blumeblume Posts: 143
    Forum Member
    woodbush wrote: »
    Buyers don't pay charges the seller does. I have no idea why you are 60p short, why not ask on the Ebay forum?

Thanks, I might just do that. Can't seem to be able to figure out how to email customer service.
    Forum Member
    chisches wrote: »
    why does it matter? it's only 60p. you should be grateful you got a full refund and your postage.

It may not matter to you but as the seller still have yet to refund me on my other purchases, it all adds up. Why should I be grateful when the seller chooses not to sell just because the item went for a low price nor them not using the reserve options. They could have refund immediately but choose not to until I made a claim.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 70
    Forum Member
    my guess would be that the person sending you the refund, did not refund via the original payment you had sent them
    they therefore created a fresh payment to you which would mean it's optional as to who pays the charges, the person sending the refund decides this

you will know which way the payment was created as in your email you would have received it would state "refund" had the person done it the correct way

as far as i am aware paypal do not enforce refunds by original payment,

maybe your seller is narky and you get a 60p charge is there was of showing this
    Forum Member
    mackie2412 wrote: »
    maybe your seller is narky and you get a 60p charge is there was of showing this
    You may be right. I've already gave them a negative and low rate feedback prior to their refund as they didn't bother to get in touch with me.