House full of ordinary nobodies

CMcKinleyCMcKinley Posts: 3,980
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Has there ever been a complete lineup of ordinary nobodies? People not connected in any way, shape or form to the media/fame/TV/internet/a famous person/someone who knows this famous person/someone who hasn't shagged someone from Geordie Shore or any other programme?

I started watching from Series 2, was the first series like that? Were they all totally genuine unknowns/unconnected in the early C4 days? Can't remember much about them.

Comments

• RabidWolverine1RabidWolverine1 Posts: 8,137
    Forum Member
    It'll never catch on :confused::p
  • Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SPOILER...

Well if this is about the lineup. It's the closest we'll ever get. A lot of students in there, and retail workers, office workers, manual workers in there... so, it's the most normal it's been in years and years.
  • erin_perin_p Posts: 25,091
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think we will find out many are connected. ;-)

Simon Gross showreel
    http://www.simongross.co.uk/showreel/

Richie4eva posted about Jack and Eileen
    Jack was on Deal or No Deal a few months ago, Eileen's been on X Factor....
    and
    Mario Mugan ‏@SuperMarioMugan 3m3 minutes ago

Oh my days I can't believe my old filming buddy @dannywisk is going into @bbuk you kept that very quiet! You'll be great!

and
    Guess what Amanda Byram and #bbjade have in common their cousins #bbuk #bbtimebomb

and
    Twin #BBAmy was on sky living dating show lovemachine #bbuk #bbtimebomb
  • VeriVeri Posts: 96,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Salv* wrote: »
    SPOILER...

Well if this is about the lineup. It's the closest we'll ever get. A lot of students in there, and retail workers, office workers, manual workers in there... so, it's the most normal it's been in years and years.

:confused:

I don't see how it can be true that it's the most normal it's been in years and years. You seem to be treating the ones who are students (and the one manual worker and the one office worker) as if they aren't anything else.

We have:

* modelled for Calvin Klein, appearing opposite stars like Lara Stone and Pixie Geldof.
    * modelled for publications including Pride magazine and Vogue Italia
    * previous relationships include a famous footballer and a reality star, ... previous reality TV form, making a brief appearance in The Only Way is Essex back in 2013.
    * (office administrator)
    * Musician, rapper and producer ... previously dated an actress in a British soap.
    * best buddies with another reality TV personality, Geordie Shore's Ricci, and claims to have dated a few former Celebrity Big Brother housemates.
    * X Factor wannabe who's appeared in numerous cult horror movies, plus TV shows from Our Friends in the North to Eurotrash.
    * (works in a cafe)
    * (floor manager at a fast food restaurant)
    * Model
    * political ambitions, already a community councillor (whatever that is)
    * Former basketball pro; has his own show on a community radio station.
    * "eccentric rich kid", expelled from two schools
    * (law student and unashamed, self-proclaimed "stuck-up bitch")
    * once starred opposite ex-Gladiator Wolf in panto, and "wants to be the first male Margaret Thatcher".

Only the ones I put in parens qualify as "normal", imo, and I suspect it will turn out that even some of them aren't really.
  • BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,672
    Forum Member
    Anyone who goes on Big Brother who doesn't want to be in the public eye to at least some extent wants their head testing.

Similarly anyone who thinks Big Brother is going to attract housemates that don't want fame to at least some extent is deluded.

For what it's worth doesn't make it any less watchable. And you can still find somebody to root for usually.

It's been the same for years. I have no idea why some see it as such an issue.
  • ryanr554ryanr554 Posts: 4,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dancc wrote: »
    Anyone who goes on Big Brother who doesn't want to be in the public eye to at least some extent wants their head testing.

Similarly anyone who thinks Big Brother is going to attract housemates that don't want fame to at least some extent is deluded.

For what it's worth doesn't make it any less watchable. And you can still find somebody to root for usually.

It's been the same for years. I have no idea why some see it as such an issue.

To me, it makes the show seem less genuine. It's a fair bet to say that at least some of them will be fake and the show is less enjoyable when everything is contrived. It's more difficult to relate to anyone as you are never sure if they are being themselves.

Although I would rather have 'normal' people, the house breaks the fakeness down anyway so I guess it doesn't really matter in the long run
  • occulta7occulta7 Posts: 1,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I 'M tired of bb now and bots is horific think they show would be far more interesting if they put
    red ed, nick clegg and Nigel farage in there more people would actually be interested
    then. These nobodies will be nobodies when they come out and some wont comeout with their reputation in tact to be honest I've had it with bb but only curiosity will tempt me to watch this drivel!!!
  • erin_perin_p Posts: 25,091
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As expected, it turns out that many of this summer’s Big Brother 2015 housemates have been on telly before.

Before the group were unveiled at the weekend, ahead of Tuesday’s launch in a Big Brother first, Bit On The Side host Rylan Clark had said that we might already have seen this year’s lot.

But he insisted: “Even if they’ve been in the papers or on a show before, we select them because they’re going to be brilliant housemates.”

Amongst the housemates who have already been on the telly are ‘kooky film director’ Eileen Daly.

She appeared on The X Factor last year, making it as far as bootcamp, and has a whole list of other TV credits to her name from a Toyota advert to a spot in BBC One soap EastEnders.

Socialite twins Amy and Sally Broadbent meanwhile appeared on ITV2 reality show The Only Way Is Essex in 2013 where they were involved in quite the storyline with Mario Falcone and his then girlfriend Lucy Mecklenburgh.

Danny Wisker has also appeared on TOWIE as well as ITV2 dating show Girlfri3nds, which is hosted by Big Brother’s own Emma Willis.

Fast food manager Jack McDermott took on the banker on Deal or No Deal, winning £7,000, while so-called Mr Showbiz Simon Gross appeared on ITV’s Hell’s Kitchen alongside celeb chef Gary Rhodes.

As a Model/Rapper/Singer/Athlete/Medical Student Cristian MJC, a.k.a. Matthew Clarkson is a quintuple-threat. He’s even got his own Vevo page and music video, although with 13,000 views in 9 months it doesn’t look like Cristian will be bothering the charts any time soon.

Now while some of the housemate line up may have already been in the limelight, others do seem shockingly normal for Big Brother.

They include Yorkshire lass Chloe Wilburn, cockney waitress Hariet Jackson and students Sarah Greenwood and Joel Williams.

Of course, whether we’ve seen them before or not, it’ll ultimate be what they get up to inside the house that sees them either evicted to boos or taking home the £150,000 prize fund.

Read more: http://www.tellymix.co.uk/reality-tv/big-brother/219762-yes-you-have-seen-them-before-big-brother-2015-housemates-claims-to-fame.html#ixzz3Zmj4er4y
    Follow us: @tellymix on Twitter | tellymix on Facebook