Options

Scott - most outrageous over marking in the show's history

floopy123floopy123 Posts: 6,003
Forum Member
Two 9's from Alesha and Bruno for a guy that forget most of his steps - he even admitted it! Talk about the judges showing their favouritism! Outrageous stuff. :rolleyes:

Comments

• Options
    TomStarTomStar Posts: 2,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't watch Strictly much but I agree and thought scoring the routine two 9s was stupid as most of it was a complete mess! The marking system needs sorting out imo....
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,449
    Forum Member
    my mind goes back to Matt Di angelo....
  • Options
    essleeesslee Posts: 4
    Forum Member
    Totally agree - I thought those two 9's were outrageous considering the performance.
  • Options
    posiepebblesposiepebbles Posts: 1,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mainly agree but I've never seen any marking quite as ridiculous as Len's marking of Ann - 7 one week??
  • Options
    tabithakittentabithakitten Posts: 13,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bruno needs to come off the vodka drip. He's barely given out anything lower than an eight (La Widd apart) since about week 3.
  • Options
    kirstylouise666kirstylouise666 Posts: 6,959
    Forum Member
    Always thought he was overrated anyway. Its an insult to the better dancers - Kara and Matt - who usually get lower marks
  • Options
    kochspostulateskochspostulates Posts: 3,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah but he was really tired, poor love
  • Options
    jill1812jill1812 Posts: 12,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mainly agree but I've never seen any marking quite as ridiculous as Len's marking of Ann - 7 one week??

At least Ann was still bottom. This will put Scott higher on the leaderboard to the detriment of Matt and Kara in particular.
  • Options
    TerryM22TerryM22 Posts: 19,463
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    floopy123 wrote: »
    Two 9's from Alesha and Bruno for a guy that forget most of his steps - he even admitted it! Talk about the judges showing their favouritism! Outrageous stuff. :rolleyes:

I agree two 9's is blatant favouritism and I'm furious that this fix has put them a point above Patsy so unfair.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 277
    Forum Member
    33 for Matt, 31 for Scott. I like Scott, but... that's just ridiculous on tonight's performances.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,449
    Forum Member
    two 10s for that charleston????
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It isn't Ann Widdicombe that is threatening the credibility of this show. It's the ridiculous over-marking of Scott.

2 Nines?????

I feel sorry for Matt tonight, and to be honest, Scott looked embarrassed by it all.
  • Options
    PasoHardlyPasoHardly Posts: 189
    Forum Member
    Not really surprised Matt and Aliona looked a bit annoyed and confused to be honest. Some of Scott's routine reminded me of Fiona Phillips in terms of having me on the edge of my seat waiting for the next mistake. It was SUCH a shambles! A 6 at most!!!

Have never been as nervous for any female pro as I was for Natalie when I seen them enterin that last lift.

Alesha is REDUNDANT on that panel an what's worse, she seems to have affected Bruno too.

C'mon!!!
  • Options
    Serenity79Serenity79 Posts: 1,981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That was a disgraceful bit of marking :mad: He make a complete hash of that dance? I can't repeat what I shouted at my TV when the marks came up.
  • Options
    PedroPedro Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    Pamela Stephenson seems to be getting the "favoured" treatment as well...............................
  • Options
    dirrrtydirrrty Posts: 8,442
    Forum Member
    It's a complete joke, if anyone else made such mistakes as he did, they would get no more than a 7. They clearly have their favs.
  • Options
    stash22stash22 Posts: 5,370
    Forum Member
    Scott is one of my favourites but he definitely gets over-marked. tonight was ridiculous - Matt danced much better and deserved higher marks than Scott. I try and stick up for Alesha but an 8 for matt and a 9 for Scott is a total joke!
  • Options
    Serenity79Serenity79 Posts: 1,981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember the days when getting a nine was amazing and a ten was rarer than hens teeth, now they're handed out like sweeties. Deserved or not.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 274
    Forum Member
    It is daft the way that Kara and Matt have to do a perfect dance to get a 9, whereas others can get them when their routines are littered with mistakes. Patsy is guilty of some of the most criminal overmarking. Pamela really stumbled through that charleston - perhaps James needs to realise the capabilities of a 61 year old. As good as she is, she looked to be struggling
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WTF. Lunacy!

Matt was head and shoulders above the rest tonight, and I don't even rate him that highly!
  • Options
    cressida100cressida100 Posts: 3,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Serenity79 wrote: »
    That was a disgraceful bit of marking :mad: He make a complete hash of that dance? I can't repeat what I shouted at my TV when the marks came up.

[/I]

I totally agree! I wanted to smash my TV in:o On another point I notice in the marking that after Len had criticised Matt for forgetting his steps Matt actually said 'but I carried on like Scott'. Good for him, it must really annoy the other dancers in the competition. Get Scott out! I hope the public turn against them for that blatant favourtism :mad:
  • Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Serenity79 wrote: »
    I remember the days when getting a nine was amazing and a ten was rarer than hens teeth, now they're handed out like sweeties. Deserved or not.

Agreed

I like Scott, but he should have got no more than 7s tonight
  • Options
    Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    7 would have been more appropriate, in my opinion.
  • Options
    Abbasolutely 40Abbasolutely 40 Posts: 15,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Totally and utterly ludicrous and stupid marking tonight ,I wanted to throw in the towel and switch off at the 9 s for Scott .Bllody stupid and daft and off putting ,
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 159
    Forum Member
    i can't believe he got a nine for not even remembering the steps.

will he get a ten for being awake and finishing the dance next week?