Nadine Coyle's new look...

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,179
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gpk wrote: »
    that is of course, if they work with them again. i think it is a missed trick if they don't.

i think out of control had impressive sales for a ga album. releasing a forth single possibly could have placed them out of the top twenty for the first time. had they not released a third they could have kept their run of top 10 hits in tact!

That was the irony, wasn't it? OoC got mixed reviews but did sell really well and actually didn't understand the logic. the Loving Kind & Untouchable were moderately successful...Really thought Untouchable would have got into the top 5!

I see what you mean and in a way it'd be a missed trick if they decided not to work with Xenomania but it could benefit them as well if they team up with somebody who's bold as that team was. If they decided to fit in the current music scene, then they'd bomb, I think...Obviously, it is just speculation.
  • gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AlexMalgua wrote: »
    That was the irony, wasn't it? OoC got mixed reviews but did sell really well and actually didn't understand the logic. the Loving Kind & Untouchable were moderately successful...Really thought Untouchable would have got into the top 5!

I see what you mean and in a way it'd be a missed trick if they decided not to work with Xenomania but it could benefit them as well if they team up with somebody who's bold as that team was. If they decided to fit in the current music scene, then they'd bomb, I think...Obviously, it is just speculation.

i think that is what i liked about them to be honest. they just did they little style. i mean they weren't trend setting or trying to keep up with the music scene.

the saturdays are doing ok. so they could come back and do well, on paper.

some fresh speculation!

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/a330455/nadine-coyle-confirms-girls-aloud-tenth-anniversary-reunion.html
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i think that is what i liked about them to be honest. they just did they little style. i mean they weren't trend setting or trying to keep up with the music scene.

the saturdays are doing ok. so they could come back and do well, on paper.

some fresh speculation!

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/a330455/nadine-coyle-confirms-girls-aloud-tenth-anniversary-reunion.html

It took me a while to get into them. At first, I found them a annoying and brashy, when it was clear to me they were just a brand but soon I realized how clever they were to keep her head down, not trying to take themselves seriously but not being simply singing puppets.
    I like the Saturdays but really can't warm to the girls. They really sound a bit immature. And also I feel they still own their success to the fact the GA is on hiatus rather than their own work. Don't get me wrong, I do like their sound but it's not their yet, it's a bit too close to what GA was doing or could have done if they were not in hiatus.

Now that's a surprise, coming from Nadine herself!???
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It took me a while to get into them. At first, I found them a annoying and brashy, when it was clear to me they were just a brand but soon I realized how clever they were to keep her head down, not trying to take themselves seriously but not being simply singing puppets.
    I like the Saturdays but really can't warm to the girls. They really sound a bit immature. And also I feel they still own their success to the fact the GA is on hiatus rather than their own work. Don't get me wrong, I do like their sound but it's not their yet, it's a bit too close to what GA was doing or could have done if they were not in hiatus.

Now that's a surprise, coming from Nadine herself!???

apparently so. although hilary kind of rules out an album. which is a shame!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    apparently so. although hilary kind of rules out an album. which is a shame!

It makes sense though - I'd rather them getting back together to work on a new album being absolutely committed to it than getting something they shove on the shelves in between their own projects...Have read the article a second time and is it me or some of Nadine's confirmation reads an awful lot like Kimberley's a few weeks back??
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It makes sense though - I'd rather them getting back together to work on a new album being absolutely committed to it than getting something they shove on the shelves in between their own projects...Have read the article a second time and is it me or some of Nadine's confirmation reads an awful lot like Kimberley's a few weeks back??

yes, it does. almost like it is scripted. well at least it is progress!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yes, it does. almost like it is scripted. well at least it is progress!

Yep, taking the words off one girl's mouth to put them conveniently in another...But it's a progress indeed...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,852
    Forum Member
    That's Nadine always trend setting, hopefully she'll pick a classier look when taking over the states.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    granted08 wrote: »
    That's Nadine always trend setting, hopefully she'll pick a classier look when taking over the states.

i hope so. for her sake. apparently, she is prepared to put in the work over there. however, i`m not sure her material is strong enough for the states.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i hope so. for her sake. apparently, she is prepared to put in the work over there. however, i`m not sure her material is strong enough for the states.

To be honest. I don't get it. Why does she want to break into the US? What makes her think she's got a chance over there? I don't think she's got the material for the US either.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To be honest. I don't get it. Why does she want to break into the US? What makes her think she's got a chance over there? I don't think she's got the material for the US either.

it does puzzle me. maybe she sees it as a clean slate. a fresh start.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it does puzzle me. maybe she sees it as a clean slate. a fresh start.

That's the only thing I can think of. Because she's been living there and I can imagine she had forge some contacts, then perhaps she feels she stands a good chance. If so, what I don't understand is why she went for songwriters known for their British sound for a debut? Alternatively she thinks she's so hot as a talent that she can make it big in the US but that's me being a bit b*tchy as I always thought she got a bit big headed as the group became more and more successful.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's the only thing I can think of. Because she's been living there and I can imagine she had forge some contacts, then perhaps she feels she stands a good chance. If so, what I don't understand is why she went for songwriters known for their British sound for a debut? Alternatively she thinks she's so hot as a talent that she can make it big in the US but that's me being a bit b*tchy as I always thought she got a bit big headed as the group became more and more successful.

it does seem odd. usually acts take their material to the us. when they have had a good reception in the uk. i suppose you can throw out to rule book when you are that rich.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nadine is one of those singers. Great voice but that is it. She does not have the full package.Then again Cheryl has neither but we all know why she got the success she did.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it does seem odd. usually acts take their material to the us. when they have had a good reception in the uk. i suppose you can throw out to rule book when you are that rich.

Exactly with only some exceptions like M.I.A & especially Jay Sean who seems to do rather well in the US after trying to break in here. I really think this whole 'getting solo' thing is getting to her and she's losing sight big time...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nadine is one of those singers. Great voice but that is it. She does not have the full package.Then again Cheryl has neither but we all know why she got the success she did.

Interesting. Never thought any of the girls as individuals have star qualities. Nadine more than anybody else in the group to me is a singer rather than a popstar. But for Cheryl, I'm curious to know more about what you think but don't be b*tchy;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i didn't know about her new friendship with mel b? apparently she has turned to her for career advice in the us! also she`s revelled that she has recorded a version of marilyn monroe`s `diamonds are a girls best friend`.

however, this fan interview is a good read. he was there on the night in question. i love his critique of the evening!

http://www.muumuse.com/2011/07/on-music-and-mist-burgers-a-very-muumuse-interview-with-nadine-coyle-of-girls-aloud.html/
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i didn't know about her new friendship with mel b? apparently she has turned to her for career advice in the us! also she`s revelled that she has recorded a version of marilyn monroe`s `diamonds are a girls best friend`.

however, this fan interview is a good read. he was there on the night in question. i love his critique of the evening!

http://www.muumuse.com/2011/07/on-music-and-mist-burgers-a-very-muumuse-interview-with-nadine-coyle-of-girls-aloud.html/

Oh Ok...Didn't know that Mel b had a Solo successful music career in the US??
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh Ok...Didn't know that Mel b had a Solo successful music career in the US??

she didn't. however, she has done reality tv and came second in `dancing with the stars` apparently. it is claimed that nadine wants that kind of success.

that fan interview is good. his comments on that night are so funny!.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    she didn't. however, she has done reality tv and came second in `dancing with the stars` apparently. it is claimed that nadine wants that kind of success.

that fan interview is good. his comments on that night are so funny!.

So putting on all the efforts for a new - cringy - image in order to go on reality TV like Mel B...Must only be rumors I hope for her?

The interview was good actually, yeah. didn't see his comments on that night hough. Where are they?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So putting on all the efforts for a new - cringy - image in order to go on reality TV like Mel B...Must only be rumors I hope for her?

The interview was good actually, yeah. didn't see his comments on that night hough. Where are they?

there is a picture of the two of them together, although the story maybe made up! it was in the mail i think.

here is his comments on the night..

`Later that night (way, way later), Nadine went on to perform at Splash Nightclub. And while I originally questioned the guess-timation of “about 2 hours” when I heard her management team explain how long the hair and make-up process was going to take, one look at the final product that strutted on-stage just before 2 A.M. thoroughly justified their answer.

As promised, she delivered both “Sweetest High” and “Insatiable” – all while wearing that outfit, with that purple crown, perched atop that hair.`
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    there is a picture of the two of them together, although the story maybe made up! it was in the mail i think.

here is his comments on the night..

`Later that night (way, way later), Nadine went on to perform at Splash Nightclub. And while I originally questioned the guess-timation of “about 2 hours” when I heard her management team explain how long the hair and make-up process was going to take, one look at the final product that strutted on-stage just before 2 A.M. thoroughly justified their answer.

As promised, she delivered both “Sweetest High” and “Insatiable” – all while wearing that outfit, with that purple crown, perched atop that hair.`

Oh Cool - Thanks:cool: - Funny how he didn't say much about the performance itself but the comments made me giggle.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh Cool - Thanks:cool: - Funny how he didn't say much about the performance itself but the comments made me giggle.

yes, i agree. it thoroughly explained the two hours in make up!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yes, i agree. it thoroughly explained the two hours in make up!

Totally! Some of the comments on her performance are also quite fierce on youtube!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Totally! Some of the comments on her performance are also quite fierce on youtube!

i will have to look. some people take things a bit too far on there. however, i will look!