Comments

• InTheLoopInTheLoop Posts: 6,595
    Forum Member
    Kill Bill: Vol One
    6/10
  • filmfan7filmfan7 Posts: 3,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Dark Is Rising 9/10 ..cant understand why this flopped at the flix ..brilliant !

Haunted 1995 10/10...this is one of my favourite ghost story films ! creepy brilliantly acted and a haunting musical score !

2012 ! 7/10 ,,yes flawed but worth watching for the jaw dropping special effects ..mind the escape by the family in the car and plane was ridiculous but entertaining ! :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In Bruges - 6/10 It wasn't worth sitting through all the dull bits for the moments of violence.
  • Fear of FoursFear of Fours Posts: 1,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pitch Perfect - 7/10
    Fanboys - 8/10
  • shirlt9shirlt9 Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    Nativity..I love this film..in fact watched it twice yesterday..once with my eldest son whilst finishing wrapping presents and then again with my husband and 5 year old later..its on TV today at 3.55pm and may even watch it again then..cute little film that makes you feel all warm and Christmassy..and this is coming from someone who enjoys the darkest most depressing films that leave you feeling dead inside..I give it a 9/10 for making me feel all festive..go on watch it this afternoon..
  • MordirithMordirith Posts: 646
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cloud Atlas. 9/10

Almost as good as the book. :)
  • TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Haywire -- 6-or-8/10. I thought director Soderbergh simply did a straight action film when I started watching this. So the moment I realised what he was trying to do, I was surprised. I had no idea he was experimenting with a genre through this film. He basically took a standard action film apart and put all back together in a different way. Same elements, but in different places.

Unfortunately, he was roughly ten years too late. Doug Liman got there first with The Bourne Identity, but Soderbergh went further than Liman did with action sequences by making them almost organic. A rarity in action films. Also a near impossibility, technique-wise. He did an amazing job with filming and editing. Frankly, the action sequences are the only successful thing about Haywire. I also liked his attempt to turn some genre conventions upside down.

Overall, it's a so-so as an action film, but as a genre experiment? I liked it a lot.
  • CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pandorum [2009]. Director: Christian Alvart

6/10

The remains of humanity head towards a new world in suspended animation. When 2 of the crew awaken they find the ship overrun by hungry carnivorous beasts. A familiar scenario with a muddled plot and mumbled dialogue.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ginger Nut wrote: »
    In Bruges - 6/10 It wasn't worth sitting through all the dull bits for the moments of violence.
    Finaly someone who agrees that its shit. Everyone I know has a hard - on for it **** knows why.
  • LeviathainLeviathain Posts: 719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Flushed Away 6/10
  • BastardBeaverBastardBeaver Posts: 11,903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Four Christmases - 6/10

It was ok. About 3 laugh out loud moments. The Nativity scene was pretty funny. Good enough for a lazy Christmas afternoon.
  • ganderpoke66ganderpoke66 Posts: 2,128
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Miracle Worker [ 1962 version ]

Classic film.
  • KathyFan12KathyFan12 Posts: 421
    Forum Member
    The Santa Clause (1994)

10/10
  • DarthchaffinchDarthchaffinch Posts: 7,558
    Forum Member
    Arthur Christmas - 8/10

4th viewing in 3 days!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 123
    Forum Member
    Cabin in the Woods - 8/10

It really got me in the festive mood lol - this is a great horror/thriller with comedic elements, so a horror comedy or a very dark comedy. Some moments were horrifying but I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. Great film! But you have to be open minded because it really does completely annihilate the horror formula and goes to extreme lengths to avoid the cliche horror tag. Basically, you start out thinking 'cliche horror movie' and end up thinking 'wtf is happening???' Reason it didn't get 10 is because sometimes the comedy elements took away from what could have been genuinely horrifying moments.
  • fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,476
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mistletoe Over Manhattan was not a bad film on Five 7 out of 10.
  • DandemDandem Posts: 13,259
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gangs of New York - 9/10

Could've gotten a 10 out of me, but there are moments where the film kind of drags. Daniel Day Lewis is superb.
  • TardisSteveTardisSteve Posts: 8,077
    Forum Member
    Rocky IV - the first one i ever watched - 8/10
  • the sandmanthe sandman Posts: 621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Forrest Gump.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    This afternoon i first watched Fatal Attraction---Brilliant film

and then

The Hitcher--( Sean Bean), another good film

tonight im watching a horror :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,720
    Forum Member
    Lady and the Tramp - 9/10
  • Johnny ClayJohnny Clay Posts: 5,315
    Forum Member
    The Passenger

Good to see Antonioni's existential 70s epic has lost none of its enigmatic power. Jack Nicholson drifts ever nearer to purgatory as his identity switch seems not to provide the sense of purpose he desires. Or does it? A brilliant, hypnotic dream of a film through which Nicholson burns, and the surroundings amaze. 10/10

Animal Kingdom

Superb crime drama from down under, aided no end by that edgy tautness Oz cinema often excels at. It may not bring all that much new to the criminal family sub-genre, but it's not without its own nuances and it kicks like a mule when it needs to. Cries of unrealistic and pretentious be damned, there's a lot going on under the bonnet here, and writer/director David Michod is one to watch. 8/10

Slade in Flame

Cult 70s curio. A surprisingly well-handled rags to riches tale featuring Noddy & Co. as variants of themselves. Never more than glammed-up (and very enjoyable) pub rockers, Slade were as cheap and cheerful as Christmas tinsel. Yet they were/are strangely endearing, and here throw in a decent enough shift to have nothing to be ashamed of. They also knew a tune or two (lovely, melancholic 'How Does it Feel' will roll around your head for days).

Big thanks to the BBC for finding such a quality print that brings all the lovely, grotty detail of the sets and locations, btw.

And marvel at Noddy Holder - the middle earth Robert Plant. 7.5/10
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TOONARMY12 wrote: »
    Finaly someone who agrees that its shit. Everyone I know has a hard - on for it **** knows why.

Yep, having given up on it on a previous attempt I'd only heard how great it was. So I thought I'd missed something. Turns out I was right the first time.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    Just watched Uninhabited..

based on actual events (Austrailian thriller)
    This couple go to this coral island and set up camp..Eventually things go missing, their phone and camera..Girl finds this book and reads that theres a ghost of a girl ( Coral) who was raped by 7 men and then killed her..We keep seeing her grave and theres a cross there..Then they meet these two thugs who tie em up to a tree and try to rape the woman ( Beth)..B'friend breaks free and rescues her..The ghost of this dead girl keeps appearing and she kills the b'friend with a knife..The woman then sees her on the ''water'', and tries to get her, but the woman gets bitten by a deadly coral in the sea..Ends with two graves and one is of Coral, and the other we see Beth's name on the cross grave..
    Its a slow burner but not bad
  • bbclassicsbbclassics Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    The Snowman and the Snowdog 7/10

Home Alone 2 8/10

Lady and The Tramp 6/10
This discussion has been closed.