What do you think will be the fate of Linda Nolan post CBB.

12346»

Comments

• patricia50patricia50 Posts: 3,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nellsmum wrote: »
    Her sister Colleen said on Loose Women last week that Linda is going to be a foster parent.

Oh great! what a wonderful role model.
  • whufcwhufc Posts: 491
    Forum Member
    bbcrzy wrote: »
    i havent bothered to read this hate thread. sooooo tired of the half baked theories and biased hateful comments.

linda will probably need counselling after this nightmare of bb and i just hope her cancer doesnt return due to lowered immunity due to stress. jim is a monster, he needs to quit drinking . that purple red face shows high blood pressure and the common affect is violence.

when a man has high bld pressure it increases stroke risk and for some physiological reason, violence is the side effect.

its the reason so many men get into fights when inebriated, its affecting the brain

Bit harsh calling him a monster he hasnt killed anyone

Violence is a side effect of high blood pressure ? really can you show where its proven,i know violence causes high blood pressure ive not seen it medically proven would be good to see it so thanks for your link in advance
  • Maria_RobinsonMaria_Robinson Posts: 3,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I reckon she will have 5 minutes of fame banging on about how horrible Jim is to the trash mags and then fade back into invisibility. I have zero interest in her so obscurity is the best place for this dreadful woman.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sasparella wrote: »
    I'm not sure that any Social Services would give any children to her after her performance on CBB. I think they'd insist that she goes for some sort of therapy first ! Not sure that they'd allow anyone single and in their 50's to foster anyway, would they ?
    Of course single people and people in their 50's are allowed to foster. It's probably the most common age group, as it is much harder to attract young people to the work. She has already done respite caring according to earlier posts and loved doing it. I should think it is the best thing for her: she is doing something much needed and enjoying doing it.
    Oh, I've no problem with the thumbs down; it's the hand-rubbing glee at the prospect of a woman who is a cancer survivor, a widow and has clearly had a tough life (as have a lot of people pushed into the spotlight from an early age) being torn to shreds, boo'ed, having to go back on benefits and losing the joy she clearly gets from fostering and caring for others. It's despicable; rank; odious. All those awful words that have been slung at Linda should be slung right back at these keyboard warriors trying to impress their cyber 'friends'.
    What a great post. I got a bit tearful reading it. There has been some really shameful stuff on here - so vicious and hateful.
    I have no idea what her redeeming qualities are. I know she and Jim were quite funny at the start of the talent show; other than that - all Channel 5 have opted to show us are her spats with Jim - nothing else. Not one other interaction that had anything to do with anyone other than Jim. Don't you find that even mildly odd? Given that most of her housemates seem to like her?

Ch 5 can be incredibly ruthless with their edit. I first noticed it when Claire Richards was only ever shown when she was with Rylan. That was quite benign - Rylan adored her - but even so I thought it was wrong. It reduced her to the status of Rylan's accessory. But this series has been 1000 times worse. Casey has only ever been shown in relation to Lee, as if she has never had a normal conversation in there about anything else, and Linda has just been completely trashed. It is almost impossible to see why the other housemates really like her. Even Dappy, who nominated her, seemed bizarrely distraught last night - "you've made me nominate Mummy Nolan!" - he was almost in tears.

You could see how surprised and taken aback the huskies were when they saw her snapping at Jim, but people missed the implication, so pleased they were to see Linda being criticised - they were surprised because they hadn't seen that side of Linda before! And they had been with her for weeks. So what sides had they seen? Answer: the sides that have been completely and utterly edited out; the sides where she relates to other people, and not to Jim, and is liked by them.
    Mrs BBV wrote: »
    Channel 5 have a duty of care. They can't just totally trash and ruin her reputation by only featuring the bad stuff. There is either nothing good to show or they have been grossly irresponsible. Personally I think it's got so desperate now that any glimmer of sunshine from her would be shown. :confused:
    Of course they have edited out the good stuff. People will go to ridiculous lengths to avoid admitting it, but she has been well liked in the house by almost all of them, almost all of the time. There has been nothing edited IN that showed how this came about. If Jim is not the subject of conversation, it is straight onto the cutting room floor. They have not shown any 'glimmers of sunshine' because she has been used to promote one story, and one story only, and the story is Jim.

One of the most childish aspects of the forum is people refusing to admit that housemates can like someone they dislike, and insisting that it is some kind of mind control or manipulation. As IF people are fond of those they live with because they have been 'controlled' by them. It is all part of this awful misogynistic bollocks about the older woman being a 'witch' and everyone else being her 'coven'. If Jim is the one getting almost all the criticism for being moody, as he is, surely the only explanation is that they have SEEN him being moodier than we see, and Linda being less moody than we see. We are allowed to watch Jim being kindly and supportive to the other, but never Linda - she is only ever allowed to moan about Jim.
    bbcrzy wrote: »
    i havent bothered to read this hate thread. sooooo tired of the half baked theories and biased hateful comments.

linda will probably need counselling after this nightmare of bb and i just hope her cancer doesnt return due to lowered immunity due to stress. jim is a monster, he needs to quit drinking . that purple red face shows high blood pressure and the common affect is violence.
    Linda might need counselling after this BB, as it must be incredibly hard to come out and find that ALL your likeable times have been edited out. But that is hardly fair comment about Jim. We have never seen him drink heavily, not once; his colouring is not outlandish and may be down to anything from prior drinking to the effect on a fair skinned person of living in a hot climate. Violence is not a common side effect of high blood pressure. Jim is not a monster - he is a man with a short fuse who does not enjoy living so closely with a lot of other people very different from himself. He has made an effort to be nice to them, including, at times, to Linda.

removed
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 905
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She'll be wheeled out onto THIS MORNING where Phil'n'Holly can listen intently, and pull their sympathetic faces, as she plays her old Jim record again.

Then she'll be on BITTER WOMEN where they can all whinge about sexist men and anyone younger than themselves.

Then there's Linda Nolans New Weight loss DVD

Then back to the Job Shop in Blackpool until Panto.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 905
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Benefits that someone with a mental illness can claim include:

•Disability Living Allowance
    •Attendance Allowance
    •Employment and Support Allowance
  • sconescone Posts: 14,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How could dappy nominate mamma lin? Who on earth does she think she is. She and Coleen need to vanish, both are ridiculous and not ageing well